Honestly the thing i love the most about GODNEY

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

No, we never use it for the condition 

Big difference :whitney:

1 hour ago, Margaery said:

If you don't believe us ask a French doctor yourself, they'd tell you they never use that word to refer to disabled persons. It's WRONG and offensive. 

What's an insult for disabled persons here is to use "handicapped" (handicapé) as an insult, which is pretty common here sadly. 

Just stop:lemmetellu:

I feel like both parties are wrong here. The original user used a word like that on here without knowing it’s Specific meaning. I checked and it means BOTH stupid/forlis and refers to mentally disabled people. They could’ve known better.

that being said, THE EFF has this been going on for 12 pages for?? Word lose and change their meaning, holding others to standards of different cultures is stupid. 

For example the word *****: originalt used to describe a female dog evolved into a word meant to demens women, AND NOW is used mostly between friends as a term of endearment. 

Or How bout the word nig***, originalt a racist term used to describe african people, ot is now the most overused word hip hop, and again black people go around calling each other that....

words lose and change their meaning.

while @I Think I'm Ready Now Were kinda wrong for not checking and legit not knowing thorougly, I think it’s Wrong for people to hold them to standards of the USA, However I can understand the frustration as it IS an American site

move on 

Archived