Most unpopular opinion: Everytime is overrated.

jesusd29

6 hours ago, Bundy said:

What I know is they broke up in march and a month after he acknowledged the breakup, he was very discreet, but was nice. Then he was silent for a couple of months, already recording his album. During this time, Britney was giving interviews. Then he recorded cmar in june and he said he was pissed off, he felt scorned. They fought the phone and went to studio angry bc of her. Timbaland said he heard Britney talking about him on a show (i dont know if it was her show tho) and he said "i cant believe shes doing this to me". I feel like from then on, Justin started being really messy in the media with all his back and forth. Implying she cheated on him, saying she hurted him badly, but at the same time saying he loved her and missed her. Then he would say they talked once in a while, that their relationship was a bliss, etc etc. He did say a few times that he didnt know what the future held for them, that he still loved her, but If he didnt trust someone, he didnt feel it was right for him to be with that person. 

Honestly, I think it was an excuse to play the victim and start a PR campaign to advance his career ... since, we know for a fact, Britney did not say anything bad about him at that time at all...  if the story Justin told was true then her words would have surfaced in the media long ago... JT just loves to play the victim like he did with Janet also...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everytime was a classy, beautiful response to Justin’s Cry Me A River.

She was offered songs around this time written by songwriters which were basically her being all sassy and b1tchy about the breakup, all of which got rejected.

It seems to me, she did want to address the breakup, but she wanted to do it in her own way and in her own words.

And what we got was the most beautiful song she’s ever recorded.

To say it’s overrated just shows a lack of understanding of what real musical compositions sound like and what quality lyrical content is.

Whatever. :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

Just go back to shaking your WAPs in everyone’s faces or whatever is masquerading as “quality” music these days.

giphy.gif

I actually think it's underrated. The melody is beautiful, the sound is haunting, the vocals are emotive and the words are intelligent and introspective. The fact that this is the first full song she had ever written, at 22 years old when the media were calling her a manufactured puppet, is just so impressive to me. I'd go as far as saying it's one of the best songs she has ever recorded, but I know taste is subjective so to each their own.

I do think Everytime is Britney’s best ballad. Why? Because it shows vulnerability. It’s a fragile song. And it shows that there’s more ways than belting in a ballad for a ballad to be successful. The melody is beautiful. 

so no, I personally don’t think it’s overrated at all. 

3 hours ago, DuranDuran said:

Honestly, I think it was an excuse to play the victim and start a PR campaign to advance his career ... since, we know for a fact, Britney did not say anything bad about him at that time at all...  if the story Justin told was true then her words would have surfaced in the media long ago... JT just loves to play the victim like he did with Janet also...

I think it was marketing and to get back at her. the way he talked about their *** life was to brag and probably to destroy her image as well, he seems to be vengeful. He seemed way too pressed and bitter for far too long. Many years later being already on the top of the world and dating other people, he would still shade her. He was very discreet about Cameron, never shaded her and worked with her twice after their split. I mean, until 2013 or 2014 Justin was still calling Britney a *****. Some people said she broke his heart (JC Chasez, Alyssa Milano) or that she had smt with Wade (Wade's ex, their former choreographer, Nikki Deloach). Justin was also friends with Wade, saying they were too similar, they did many songs together (including gone and whats like to be me) and after the break up, Justin was never seen or worked with Wade ever again. He started to working with Kevins friend, that his choreographer since he broke up with Britney. Britney didnt deny when she was asked by Diane Sawyer. She only said she was upset for a while, and it was smt that was waiting to happen. That she wasnt saying he was right or wrong. She also said that was his way of dealing with things and she wasnt judging him, but If she was in a relationship and smt happened, she couldnt really go there. He implied a lot of times she cheated on him and she never said "no, I didnt!" even when she was directly asked about. She also never shaded the song itself, she said that when guys have their egos hurt and pride messed up, they deal in weird ways. She shaded the video and called him a *****fied, and shaded him for being back and forth - what he has been to her since their break up... One time he mentions her, then he shades her, then he defends or even says shes a great person. 

I do think he made Britney feel guilty tbh. The fact she was still talking with him (and possibly even hooking up) after the cmar video and the radio and Barbara Walters interviews, is just insane. They stopped talking months after that, in early 2003. 

But I do agree that he loves to play the victim and hes a jerk, no doubt about it. Do I think he exaggerated? Oh yeah, the douche made a song about her being Gone from his life just bc she went to the hair salon and stayed there for 5 hours, smt he didnt expect. Hes a ******* drama queen but I dont think Britney would have left him to drag her for many months without defending herself. She called the cmar a desperate way to call records. When Christina was pretending to the media that she talked to Britney about Justin and was calling her phony and a lost girl, she said "i dont ever recall talking to her about this, did she tell you she tried to kiss me?". She also defended herself about Christina calling her a lost girl and a phony artist. So why wouldnt she really defend herself from what Justin was saying when she had a chance over and over again. The fact she shaded the video, but not the song itself, also tells me she did smt and pissed him off. Im not saying what he did was right tho, by any means. Hes an ******* and no matter what Britney did, what he did cant be justified - no pun intended. And the worst thing is it lasted for so long, until a couple of years ago he was still nagging about her and how cmar was made. I mean, move the **** on, weirdo. A married man with a son acting that way is beyond pathetic.

3 hours ago, BradAdamson said:

I actually think it's underrated. The melody is beautiful, the sound is haunting, the vocals are emotive and the words are intelligent and introspective. The fact that this is the first full song she had ever written, at 22 years old when the media were calling her a manufactured puppet, is just so impressive to me. I'd go as far as saying it's one of the best songs she has ever recorded, but I know taste is subjective so to each their own.

It's absolutely underrated because it should be considered one of her 5 best songs ever, right alongside 'Toxic'.

The self-composed 'Everytime' also has arguably the best cover of any Britney Spears song from Glen Hansard:

1 hour ago, Bundy said:

But I do agree that he loves to play the victim and hes a jerk, no doubt about it. Do I think he exaggerated? Oh yeah, the douche made a song about her being Gone from his life just bc she went to the hair salon and stayed there for 5 hours, smt he didnt expect. Hes a ******* drama queen but I dont think Britney would have left him to drag her for many months without defending herself. She called the cmar a desperate way to call records. When Christina was pretending to the media that she talked to Britney about Justin and was calling her phony and a lost girl, she said "i dont ever recall talking to her about this, did she tell you she tried to kiss me?". She also defended herself about Christina calling her a lost girl and a phony artist. So why wouldnt she really defend herself from what Justin was saying when she had a chance over and over again. The fact she shaded the video, but not the song itself, also tells me she did smt and pissed him off. Im not saying what he did was right tho, by any means. Hes an ******* and no matter what Britney did, what he did cant be justified - no pun intended. And the worst thing is it lasted for so long, until a couple of years ago he was still nagging about her and how cmar was made. I mean, move the **** on, weirdo. A married man with a son acting that way is beyond pathetic.

Yeah , I think that they cheated on each other... and she hurt his ego very much when he learned that she dared to cheat on him also... But in my previous comment I meant something else ... You said that JT started actively shading her when he heard that she said something about him on the show... That's what I meant when I said 

it was an excuse to play the victim and start a PR campaign to advance his career ... since, we know for a fact, Britney did not say anything bad about him at that time at all...  if the story Justin told was true then her words would have surfaced in the media long ago.

6 hours ago, BradAdamson said:

screaming

1 hour ago, DuranDuran said:

Yeah , I think that they cheated on each other... and she hurt his ego very much when he learned that she dared to cheat on him also... But in my previous comment I meant something else ... You said that JT started actively shading her when he heard that she said something about him on the show... That's what I meant when I said 

I think having such a huge ego, he thought he could do whatever he wanted and she would take it anyway. He probably never thought she would dare to lay eyes on anyone else, let alone a friend of him. That probably made him go crazy. I think Britney was probably jealous, suspicious, feeling neglected, but she never had 100% sure of who or when. But with Wade, he knew. He gave a couple of interviews at the time saying he wouldnt say what happened, but he were never unfaithful :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated: he implied every way he could she cheated on him again and again. 

These stories of Britney talking about him on a show that pissed Justin off were said almost 10 years after cmar was released. There was a doc about Timbaland and ofc they talked about cmar on it. That dude also was obsessed with Britney, always seemed pressed about her. Timbaland mentioned her name and said the show story, and Justin said he had a fight over the phone, that he was angry, without mentioning Britneys name. That was the first time he finally admitted the song was ofc about her. 

I wonder if what Timbaland said had to do with the songs she sang on DWAD tour. songs she implied he was flirting with other girl, that he was shallow, that he neglected her, etc etc 

If they really promised to each other to not say anything that specific about the break up, being the drama queen that Justin is, those songs could have made him pressed, thinking she was totally spilling the beans and putting him in not such a good light. Ofc this is only a hunch, but he said more than once that he made cmar bc he felt scorned and was angry. The song was made months after their break up when he said they had a fight. Anyway, Justin is a douche and I hope he finally moved on from all the bitterness he had about her, that wasnt a good look for him at all :clownery_makeup_meme:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived