Most unpopular opinion: Everytime is overrated.

jesusd29

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:nonono_britney_nope_head_shake: Everytime remains immaculate and showcased her artistic vulnerability at a time when people kept writing her off. Everything about the song is perfection. The only thing I would change is the poor vocal filtering/layering in the chorus and highlight the strings like how it was during the SNL performance. Other than that, it’s perfection and a Top 10 STAPLE in her discography. In fact, I’m going to listen to it right now and relive its excellence. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

5 hours ago, NewDisplayName said:

It’s not my favourite but is it overrated? More like its underrated!

its a beautiful song and Britney created it.. also love the video.. I’ve seen some reactions on YouTube and people were amazed.. I think it deserves more awareness 

p.s. I don’t believe it’s about Justin thou

Its about him, the girl who co wrote with Britney confirmed and even tho Britney never confirmed, she wasnt able to deny when asked by Diane Sawyer either.

Listen to his song never again, Everytime is clearly an answer to that song that talks about her hurting him and not apologizing. 

On 3/17/2017 at 8:22 PM, PokemonSpears said:

giphy.gif

And about Everytime. I do like it, but I also think it's very overrated. Where Are You Now is a so much better ballad. Hold on Tight, even Someday, there are many ballads that should be called her best ballad instead of Everytime. Also, even though I get the theme and such, I think the music video doesn't make the song any justice. It's just so ugly with all those paparazzi, and the fight, and the suicide, and everything, it's like, why?

It deserved a more angelic and beautiful video, like this performance:

giphy.gif

2017 me, you were so smart and handsome and correct :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm::donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving:

I remember you like it was yesterday: Untitled-13-gif-a2bb8072dbe74d46e9c7a2822c9ee0de.gif

I agree,I have other favorites too.But I see why everyone loves it. and I´m happy that this song was so successful because it was actually the only time Britney could shine in public and show what she can do/what a talent she really has.So I´m Ok that Everytime is the favorite ballad of her for most people. But I prefer these ones:

I´ll Never Stop Loving You

Where Are You Now

Girl In The Mirror

Shadow

Everyday

Let Go

Unusul You

Out From Under

Don´t Cry

Brightes Morning Star

Perfume

Now That I Found You

Just Love Me

Just Like Me

Swimming In The Stars

And Email My Heart,Baby Boy and Little Me are also beautiful.

5 hours ago, Bundy said:

Its about him, the girl who co wrote with Britney confirmed and even tho Britney never confirmed, she wasnt able to deny when asked by Diane Sawyer either.

Listen to his song never again, Everytime is clearly an answer to that song that talks about her hurting him and not apologizing. 

I know but it’s strange - Justin said that he wanted to be with Britney after breakup (before all the mean things and cry me a river) when everytime was written.. the song lyric don’t quite matches to it.. I don’t know maybe you are right but for me Britney sings about part of her or smth like that even if it’s confirmed by co-writer lol

its just the way I feel I can’t prove it of course 

16 hours ago, NewDisplayName said:

I know but it’s strange - Justin said that he wanted to be with Britney after breakup (before all the mean things and cry me a river) when everytime was written.. the song lyric don’t quite matches to it.. I don’t know maybe you are right but for me Britney sings about part of her or smth like that even if it’s confirmed by co-writer lol

its just the way I feel I can’t prove it of course 

This is what the girl who wrote the song with her, said: 

In September 2001, Annet Artani accepted to become a backing vocalist for Spears's 2001–02 Dream Within a Dream Tour. Her interactions with Spears during most of the tour were limited to small conversations at the gym and vocal warm ups. Artani had begun a relationship with the show's musical director during 2002; however, it was not working out well by the end of the tour. Before the final date in Mexico City, Spears called her and asked about the relationship. Artani told her they were going to break up, to which Spears responded, "Don't worry about it, you're going to hang out with me."[6] Concluded the tour, Spears and Artani began to forge a friendship. Spears invited Artani to her house in Los Angeles. According to Artani, their relationship grew out of their shared romantic experiences at the time. She explained, "Basically, we commiserated because she, at that time, had broken up with Justin [Timberlake]. Maybe like nine months before, but of course it was really fresh in the media. I was just breaking up with this guy, so we kind of like—I think we kind of needed each other." Artani stayed at Spears's house for a few weeks, in which they started writing songs at the piano. Shortly after, they traveled to Lake Como in Lombardy, Italy. Artani added, "It was me and her, her stylist and Felicia, and we had this humongous house to ourselves, and they had a piano there as well."[6]

According to Artani, "Everytime" was written in large part as a response to "Cry Me a River" as well as various radio interviews. Artani explained, "He was getting personal. Here, she had a different type of image, and he was really exposing some stuff that she probably didn't want out there, and in front of her little sister ... I remember her sister being mortified and her being mortified. I'm sure that that really hurt her."[6] The song was also speculated to be a reply to Timberlake's "Never Again", a ballad which appeared on his debut solo album Justified.

Britney said this in 2003 about the song being one of the most personal in ITZ 

Which songs on ‘In The Zone’ are the most personal to you?

I really love the vibe of “Touch of My Hand.” When I was in the studio it really came off as like such a natural process. And I love the subject that, you know, I’m touching on because no one’s really talked about some of those things in a lot of songs written lately because people are scared to go there and to express themselves in that way. And, you know, I think it’s an empowering thing for girls, you know.
And “Everytime” is just a really nice song because it’s just, you know, it’s kind of personal in a weird way. I just think the song — it’s one of the songs that when you hear, it’s like the kind of song when you go to heaven. It kind of takes you away. You know, it takes you in to a very cool consciousness I think.

She also said being about ur first love that u think ure going to be with for the rest of ur life. Britney called him her first real love on interviews and also said more than once that she thought they would last. 

I really think I'm talking to everyone when I perform 'Everytime,' " she said of the ballad. "It's about heartbreak, it's about your first love, your first true love. That's something all people can relate to, because you all have that first love that you think you're going to be with the rest of your life."

What do u mean he said he wanted to be with her after the break up? 

What I know is they broke up in march and a month after he acknowledged the breakup, he was very discreet, but was nice. Then he was silent for a couple of months, already recording his album. During this time, Britney was giving interviews. Then he recorded cmar in june and he said he was pissed off, he felt scorned. They fought the phone and went to studio angry bc of her. Timbaland said he heard Britney talking about him on a show (i dont know if it was her show tho) and he said "i cant believe shes doing this to me". I feel like from then on, Justin started being really messy in the media with all his back and forth. Implying she cheated on him, saying she hurted him badly, but at the same time saying he loved her and missed her. Then he would say they talked once in a while, that their relationship was a bliss, etc etc. He did say a few times that he didnt know what the future held for them, that he still loved her, but If he didnt trust someone, he didnt feel it was right for him to be with that person. 

Another interesting thing is when they were dating, both said Britney had a problem with saying sorry. That all the times they fought, Britney would just leave the room and never apologized bc she always felt she was right. He was the one always making amends. Britney said she was stubborn. Everytime talks about this, saying sorry for hurting someone, acknowledging that she also made mistakes. His song never again talks about that; and all the mean things he did to her were about this too, too get back at her, being vengeful. Once Britney said that boys have egos and when u hurt their egos and their prides are messed up, they act in weird ways. Justins ****ty behavior was exactly like that. A narcissist with a bruised ego who couldnt accept she hurted him. 

Everytime was recorded in november 2002 (5 months after cry me a river). He already had implied many times that she cheated on him, he already had said she hurted him, that smt really bad happened. He already had joked about their *** life. He already was being a **** to her when she wrote and recorded the song. I think by december-february he seemed more chill, he wasnt shading her like he was before, he was praising her more, taking as if she was still someone in his life. At the time there were rumours that they were having smt again and when asked about, instead of saying he wasnt dating her, hed say "im single". She went to his bday, Fred Durst said she ditched him to go see Justin and Britneys former manager also said she fired him in 2003 after their split. Then months later she started quite shading him and then hed start shading her again. It seems like smt happened between them in early 2003 and then they lost touch for once and for all. 

I do feel like Justin was obsessed with her, but didnt know how to handle whatever happened between them bc he has such a big ego and was immature. He probably couldnt forgive or trust her. I do think they never got back together for good bc of ego. Before the all the drama really started, Britney said they broke up twice. First he broke up with her and then she broke up with him..

I feel the song is for/about him, but also about herself, bc she was feeling lost and empty without him, smt she also said on FTR, that once he was gone, she didnt know what to do with herself, that he became a part of her. 

51 minutes ago, Bundy said:

And “Everytime” is just a really nice song because it’s just, you know, it’s kind of personal in a weird way

This Britney phrase is what I feel.. “weird way” like It’s not only about love someone it represents more intimate state of hers with or without partner.. Britney saying “I need yoou baby” to Justin and adding “You seem to move on easy” sounds not true for me especially when in a bridge she apologies.. if he moved on so easily so he wasn’t even hurt that much right?!

there is a response (partly) for cry me a river and Justin but he isn’t singing to him like Justin did in cry me a river..

thank you by the way for your post.. it was informative for me cause I started reading things about Brit in 2007 

14 minutes ago, NewDisplayName said:

This Britney phrase is what I feel.. “weird way” like It’s not only about love someone it represents more intimate state of hers with or without partner.. Britney saying “I need yoou baby” to Justin and adding “You seem to move on easy” sounds not true for me especially when in a bridge she apologies.. if he moved on so easily so he wasn’t even hurt that much right?!

there is a response (partly) for cry me a river and Justin but he isn’t singing to him like Justin did in cry me a river..

thank you by the way for your post.. it was informative for me cause I started reading things about Brit in 2007 

I think she meant that she felt small without him, she couldnt fly, she fell, thats why she needed him. Imo its not like she was saying she wanted him back, but she knew she wasnt whole anymore and to be what she was before, in that state, she needed him. And this is what she said on FTR, he had become a part of herself, so when he was gone, she didnt know what to do. And this is what happened, she started to party, to work, to keep herself going. 

The part about him moving on easy could be about the girls he was hooking up with, could be about him not forgiving to the point of really getting back together with her. Years later he said he dealt with the breakup, getting affection from other women. Alyssa Milano even said she swooped in for the kill, started dating him right after his breakup with Britney. He also has songs that imply Britney moved on easy and was the one who wanted to do that first. I guess both were hurt, had their prides and couldnt work whatever happened between them. Cry me a river is like that too, he says first that she left him alone, then he says she calls him saying he needs him on the phone. I guess both of them felt neglected or ignored for different reasons. 

Yeah, the girl said it was about cry me a river and the way he was acting publicly, he was getting personal bc he was hurt, but Everytime actually seems to be more of an answer to never again, I wonder if she didnt remember 'nerver again' when she gave that interview or If she mentioned cry me a river bc its the famous one. Maybe Everytime had to do with his whole album too, he has some songs on that album about him. Search for his 'never again' lyrics and then 'pair of wings'. 

I mean, I do think its def about him (Shadow too), Britney herself said its about heartbreak and about ur first real love. She has said he was her first real love and she recorded the song 8 months after their split, so ofc the whole thing was really fresh in her mind, even more with him being a *****fied about her all the time, like she said. 

Ure welcome! :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Archived