Am I the only 'NEW' Britney Spears fan? (My Story)

BabyCan'tYouSee

4 minutes ago, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

that's awesome. That's honestly why I wanted to post this. I felt like I was the only one experiencing this weird thing with her. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one

I bet she makes new fans with every album release. Maybe just a bit less with this one since it hasn't received the exposure it deserves. But this album is so full of unusual and endearing songs that I think a lot of people would be intrigued upon hearing it. She's such a charming, lovely, and kind woman. It's hard for me to understand all the hate she's endured throughout the years. But I guess that comes with being absolutely monumental. 

I think now is a particularly awesome and exciting time to become a fan. Watching her shows, it seems like she's completely evolving. I'm having a ton of fun watching her journey.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, thrashette said:

I bet she makes new fans with every album release. Maybe just a bit less with this one since it hasn't received the exposure it deserves. But this album is so full of unusual and endearing songs that I think a lot of people would be intrigued upon hearing it. She's such a charming, lovely, and kind woman. It's hard for me to understand all the hate she's endured throughout the years. But I guess that comes with being absolutely monumental. 

I think now is a particularly awesome and exciting time to become a fan. Watching her shows, it seems like she's completely evolving. I'm having a ton of fun watching her journey.

yea but she also loses some casual fans every year. At this point in her career I just want her to make good music, idc too much about the performances as long as she's happy doing them. Obviously I wanna hear her sing live at least for some slow songs but I know that might never happen. She looks good right now and is acting more spontaneous lately so hopefully it keeps up :carpoolney:

47 minutes ago, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

I've heard some. There was a thread on reddit that had her unreleased tracks. I listened to some from ITZ era I believe

Oh so you still have some great ones left.. thats awesome:verycool: And im glad there actually is straight guys that love her, i wish i could find a BF or GF that share my love for her :nochillbrit: but i dont even have friends that like her so i cant share anything exept on here...if i do they just laugh and like ok:britoverit: or i usually get the "your obsessed" bc i collect merchandise etc and are just a passionate fan of hers and truly LOVE her as a person as well... so never care about what anyone say :bigkiss: 

4 hours ago, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

I've only rediscovered Britney around mid August right before the release of Glory. I thought it would be fun/amusing to listen to the "This Is:" playlist they had of her on Spotify while I played LoL. I was never a fan of hers before that. In fact, the only song I genuinely liked from her was Sometimes and it was more for the nostalgia feels (still my favorite btw). I've never been a pop music fan either. In high school I listened to 90s alt like Weezer and Green Day or emo stuff like MCR, PATD, or FOB. In college, I listened to a lot of indie/folk stuff like Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver, Edwarde Sharpe+Magnetic zeros, etc. When I started working my desk monkey job I was listening to recent hip hop stuff like Future, Young Thug, and Travis Scott.

After I heard Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know and Anticipating from the playlist I couldn't get enough of Britney. I listened to BOMT and OIDIA all the way through and loved every second of it maybe not Dear Diary so much. Then I decided to look up her old music videos on YT and I absolutely fell in love with her. You see where this is going. I listened to Britney, ITZ, and Blackout just in time before she released Glory and my life was changed forever. Her albums just got better and better! (I hadn't heard BJ at this time, or Circus and FF for that matter). I even bought a japanese version of Glory just so I could listen to Mood Ring - the first physical copy of music I've bought since 2004. 

I am basically obsessed with her (stanning? is that the right word?) and my gf thought it was cute at first but now she thinks it's a little weird. My coworkers thought it was funny but the other day one of my friends said it was getting a little creepy lol. As a straight guy that works in IT it's really hard to find other fans that love her as much as I do, especially without being called gay/love etc. and I am so glad to have found this community and see that there are many out there who share my love for the Queen, the one true God, the Holy Spearit herself, Britney Jean Spears.

Sorry for the word vomit, but any other 'new' fans out there? How did you become a fan? I wanna hear your stories! 

Welcome!! Glad you discover the legendary Miss Britney Spears!! She has an incredible catalog! Some of the best unreleased songs out there, and most of all she is a very sweet girl! I've become a fan when i was 8, i remember i was having breakfast before school and suddenly "baby one more time" was in! I instantly fall in love with her, i didn't have money to buy the album, so i got a copy (i know embarassing) but with time i bought all her albums, singles, dvd's... now i'm 26 and i still love her like the first time i saw her when i was a kid! I'm glad i'm a fan of this incredible sweet  and iconic human! Welcome to the forum!! Oh and don't be embarassed about being a fan of her! It's great!

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=2SHU0sOGkgE

8 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

Some of my friends think only dumb and shallow people love Britney. Sometimes I have to hide the fact that I do. There are only two of my friends who I can freely talk about Britney spears with. 

I sometimes feel uneasy when I bring her up to people at uni but I gotta promote her. I often get looked down for liking her and listening to her music by some pressed haters (mainly girls who think they're mature and have taste) but I don't hesitate to clock them if they talk **** about her. I forced so many to watch her performances in an attempt to convert them. I'm halfway through with a few of them. You're lucky to have 2, I have 0.  :selenerz:

Why did you suddenly change the subject... I feel like you're high. :woopsie:

@button

I was high before. I actually fell asleep and woke up now. :selenerz:

I have her lips tattoo on my right wrist (as she has) I tattooed it the moment she extended her Vegas residency for two more years because I decided to leave my country and make my way to her in Vegas. The tattoo is supposed to remind me of my dreams whenever I get discouraged. But when people other than my close friends see it I usually just say it means "loving yourself" because when I tell them the the real meaning they don't see it as motivation they see it as gay obsession. I'm moving to America to study, but I like to think even if I fail to succeed I will at least get to see Britney in the process. And that tattoo represents the silver lining. kind of. They don't get it tho, they think I'm immature and childish. 

3 hours ago, button said:

Omg so many people are claiming they started checking for her and her old catalogue and became fans because of Glory.

@Curious_1110 you were right.

I knew I wasn't the only person. This past summer I think a lot of people that forgot about or only knew her vaguely became interested again because this generation of pop "musicians" leave a lot to be desired so it's nice to see a pop veteran out there with music you actually like

14 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

@button

I was high before. I actually fell asleep and woke up now. :selenerz:

I have her lips tattoo on my right wrist (as she has) I tattooed it the moment she extended her Vegas residency for two more years because I decided to leave my country and make my way to her in Vegas. The tattoo is supposed to remind me of my dreams whenever I get discouraged. But when people other than my close friends see it I usually just say it means "loving yourself" because when I tell them the the real meaning they don't see it as motivation they see it as gay obsession. I'm moving to America to study, but I like to think even if I fail to succeed I will at least get to see Britney in the process. And that tattoo represents the silver lining. kind of. They don't get it tho, they think I'm immature and childish. 

Oh... I wonder what it feels like to get a tattoo. Does it hurt? I'll probably never get one in my life but if I do it will be 100% Britney related. :selenerz:

Yeah I think it's better to not explain why you truly have that tattoo. It's hard to communite these ideas to people, especially if you're gay. They'll just use it to justify your actions that they don't understand. "It's just a gay thing"

And tbh I doubt you will fail in America with Britney telling you every night at POM to work, *****!! :haha:

5 minutes ago, button said:

Oh... I wonder what it feels like to get a tattoo. Does it hurt? I'll probably never get one in my life but if I do it will be 100% Britney related. :selenerz:

Yeah I think it's better to not explain why you truly have that tattoo. It's hard to communite these ideas to people, especially if you're gay. They'll just use it to justify your actions that they don't understand. "It's just a gay thing"

And tbh I doubt you will fail in America with Britney telling you every night at POM to work *****!!!! :haha:

Exactly! 

I have some other tattooes as well but lips one, which is my only Britney-related tattoo, is my favorite. It gives me a REALLY good energy. I look at it every time I need to feel motivated. 

6 hours ago, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

I've only rediscovered Britney around mid August right before the release of Glory. I thought it would be fun/amusing to listen to the "This Is:" playlist they had of her on Spotify while I played LoL. I was never a fan of hers before that. In fact, the only song I genuinely liked from her was Sometimes and it was more for the nostalgia feels (still my favorite btw). I've never been a pop music fan either. In high school I listened to 90s alt like Weezer and Green Day or emo stuff like MCR, PATD, or FOB. In college, I listened to a lot of indie/folk stuff like Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver, Edwarde Sharpe+Magnetic zeros, etc. When I started working my desk monkey job I was listening to recent hip hop stuff like Future, Young Thug, and Travis Scott.

After I heard Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know and Anticipating from the playlist I couldn't get enough of Britney. I listened to BOMT and OIDIA all the way through and loved every second of it maybe not Dear Diary so much. Then I decided to look up her old music videos on YT and I absolutely fell in love with her. You see where this is going. I listened to Britney, ITZ, and Blackout just in time before she released Glory and my life was changed forever. Her albums just got better and better! (I hadn't heard BJ at this time, or Circus and FF for that matter). I even bought a japanese version of Glory just so I could listen to Mood Ring - the first physical copy of music I've bought since 2004. 

I am basically obsessed with her (stanning? is that the right word?) and my gf thought it was cute at first but now she thinks it's a little weird. My coworkers thought it was funny but the other day one of my friends said it was getting a little creepy lol. As a straight guy that works in IT it's really hard to find other fans that love her as much as I do, especially without being called gay/love etc. and I am so glad to have found this community and see that there are many out there who share my love for the Queen, the one true God, the Holy Spearit herself, Britney Jean Spears.

Sorry for the word vomit, but any other 'new' fans out there? How did you become a fan? I wanna hear your stories! 

I'm not a new fan, but I just wanted to welcome you to the Army -- and also, apologize beforehand for you joining the Army, lol, you'll come to understand that eventually -- and say I'm so glad to see people are still becoming fans of Brit Brit! Thanks for sharing your story with us. (I feel the same way about OIDIA and Dear Diary, though as I've said elsewhere, I give it a lot of leeway because it was her first time branching out into actually writing the material.) Also, huzzah for you using the Holy Spearit instead of Godney!

Your top Britney albums are mine as well. :) I'm guessing you like Britney (the album), seeing as you enjoy Anticipating? (It's my fourth favorite album of her's.)

Welcome around!

6 hours ago, joe sp said:

PS: Be careful with this forum :angietea:

^^

Welcome to Hell! 

A word to the wise, though, get out of here while you still have your sanity.

6 hours ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

What members are straight ? :moorangu:

There was a whole thread about straight stans a while back. 

I don't think it's unlikely, either, I mean it's not like he stans for Katy Perry. :orangu:

3 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

I'm not a new fan, but I just wanted to welcome you to the Army -- and also, apologize beforehand for you joining the Army, lol, you'll come to understand that eventually -- and say I'm so glad to see people are still becoming fans of Brit Brit! Thanks for sharing your story with us. (I feel the same way about OIDIA and Dear Diary, though as I've said elsewhere, I give it a lot of leeway because it was her first time branching out into actually writing the material.) Also, huzzah for you using the Holy Spearit instead of Godney!

Your top Britney albums are mine as well. :) I'm guessing you like Britney (the album), seeing as you enjoy Anticipating? (It's my fourth favorite album of her's.)

Welcome around!

^^

tbh I like all her albums except maybe BJ and Circus. Still some great songs on both. But yes I love her 3rd album, it was a great lead up to ITZ while still sort of maintaining the teen pop vibe on some songs. It's probably a tie between that and BOMT as my 4th favorite though :idkney:

Archived