Am I the only 'NEW' Britney Spears fan? (My Story)

BabyCan'tYouSee

15 hours ago, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

haha well my gf is cool with it I just asked her what she really thinks of me being obsessed with Brit and she said it's a little weird. It's not a point of contention or anything. My coworker/friend that made that comment is just a really blunt dude and he's usually rude about everything so I didn't really take it the wrong way but I should probably not bring up Britney in normal conversations anymore lmao

Also I still love all those artists that I mentioned, although yes I do go through phases. Right now i'm in a trap,house,edm phase with DJ Snake, Kygo, Diplo/Major Lazer, etc. but my most played artist is still Britney :) 

the playlist on spotify only has like 28k followers and it's been there for months :crying2: 

nooo bring britney up whenever you want booboo don't let others define you :bigkiss:

and as for current music i also like those trap dance club music much better than the pop scene rn. today's popstars just suck y'know

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

I've only rediscovered Britney around mid August right before the release of Glory. I thought it would be fun/amusing to listen to the "This Is:" playlist they had of her on Spotify while I played LoL. I was never a fan of hers before that. In fact, the only song I genuinely liked from her was Sometimes and it was more for the nostalgia feels (still my favorite btw). I've never been a pop music fan either. In high school I listened to 90s alt like Weezer and Green Day or emo stuff like MCR, PATD, or FOB. In college, I listened to a lot of indie/folk stuff like Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver, Edwarde Sharpe+Magnetic zeros, etc. When I started working my desk monkey job I was listening to recent hip hop stuff like Future, Young Thug, and Travis Scott.

After I heard Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know and Anticipating from the playlist I couldn't get enough of Britney. I listened to BOMT and OIDIA all the way through and loved every second of it maybe not Dear Diary so much. Then I decided to look up her old music videos on YT and I absolutely fell in love with her. You see where this is going. I listened to Britney, ITZ, and Blackout just in time before she released Glory and my life was changed forever. Her albums just got better and better! (I hadn't heard BJ at this time, or Circus and FF for that matter). I even bought a japanese version of Glory just so I could listen to Mood Ring - the first physical copy of music I've bought since 2004. 

I am basically obsessed with her (stanning? is that the right word?) and my gf thought it was cute at first but now she thinks it's a little weird. My coworkers thought it was funny but the other day one of my friends said it was getting a little creepy lol. As a straight guy that works in IT it's really hard to find other fans that love her as much as I do, especially without being called gay/love etc. and I am so glad to have found this community and see that there are many out there who share my love for the Queen, the one true God, the Holy Spearit herself, Britney Jean Spears.

Sorry for the word vomit, but any other 'new' fans out there? How did you become a fan? I wanna hear your stories! 

WELCOME! The Holy Spearit always finds its way!

May the glory be with us all! And with you too!

:kisses2all:

14 minutes ago, coo said:

nooo bring britney up whenever you want booboo don't let others define you :bigkiss:

and as for current music i also like those trap dance club music much better than the pop scene rn. today's popstars just suck y'know

it's funny because when I listen to that stuff now I like to re-imagine some of them as Britney songs. Like for example I'll hear this

and can't help but think "This would sound so much better if Britney sang it!" :( 

even if the song doesn't sound like her stuff at all lol 

43 minutes ago, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

it's funny because when I listen to that stuff now I like to re-imagine some of them as Britney songs. Like for example I'll hear this

and can't help but think "This would sound so much better if Britney sang it!" :( 

even if the song doesn't sound like her stuff at all lol 

omg i know! i'm usually like that for performances tho. when somebody does an amazing performance i go like "what if britney did this with this song and this choreo etc...." :quirkney: then i realized its so sad that i have to imagine those things lmao

20 hours ago, Melinda said:

Oh so you still have some great ones left.. thats awesome:verycool: And im glad there actually is straight guys that love her, i wish i could find a BF or GF that share my love for her :nochillbrit: but i dont even have friends that like her so i cant share anything exept on here...if i do they just laugh and like ok:britoverit: or i usually get the "your obsessed" bc i collect merchandise etc and are just a passionate fan of hers and truly LOVE her as a person as well... so never care about what anyone say :bigkiss: 

I've heard Strangest Love (loveeee this song), I Run Away, I'm So Curious, Look Who's Talking Now, Before The Goodbye, and some others but yeah there's a bunch I haven't heard probably. 

My gf likes her mostly because she remembers singing along to her and trying to copy her dances with her sisters when they were little, but by no means is she a 'stan' like me. I don't really have friends that listen to her either lol so I can't really talk about Brit to anyone really.

Also, speaking of merchandise, I tried to buy the BOMT tour booklet on ebay because it had my favorite photoshoot of hers and it was $2,500 :sickofu: 

I love Britney as a person as well, which to me has been the strangest part of my fandom to experience. I've never cared about a music artist as a person before. Like I was the biggest Green Day fan growing up - I knew all their songs word for word. But I never cared about them as people, I just loved their music. With Britney it's different. I check her instagram/twitter/fb multiple times a day, watch videos of her on YT. When she cries, I cry. When I hear her laugh, I have the biggest smile on my face. There's just something about her. 

32 minutes ago, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

I've heard Strangest Love (loveeee this song), I Run Away, I'm So Curious, Look Who's Talking Now, Before The Goodbye, and some others but yeah there's a bunch I haven't heard probably. 

My gf likes her mostly because she remembers singing along to her and trying to copy her dances with her sisters when they were little, but by no means is she a 'stan' like me. I don't really have friends that listen to her either lol so I can't really talk about Brit to anyone really.

Also, speaking of merchandise, I tried to buy the BOMT tour booklet on ebay because it had my favorite photoshoot of hers and it was $2,500 :sickofu: 

I love Britney as a person as well, which to me has been the strangest part of my fandom to experience. I've never cared about a music artist as a person before. Like I was the biggest Green Day fan growing up - I knew all their songs word for word. But I never cared about them as people, I just loved their music. With Britney it's different. I check her instagram/twitter/fb multiple times a day, watch videos of her on YT. When she cries, I cry. When I hear her laugh, I have the biggest smile on my face. There's just something about her. 

I LOVE Strangest love... and Everyday, 911, Welcome to me, Sugarfall/Hooked on you, State of grace, Tell me(am i a sinner), Let go, Luv the hurt away, Mad love... god there are so many... look them up if you havent yet. 

Thats good that she likes her at least... its so frustrating sometimes when something happens and you wanna tell somebody and no one really cares, lol. 

And yeah i know, i only have the Cricus and FF tour booklet bc i went to those concerts and want to buy the rest on ebay but they are as you said VERY expensive :nochillbrit:

And i agree... i was OBSESSED with The Spice Girls back in the day but never cared for them like i do with Brit and im like you with the cry when she cries and her laugh is so adorable, you cant help but smile or laugh yourself. I can say that The Backstreet boys is the closest to me caring for them as a person but not on that level as i do with her and it strange really, that you can care so much about someone that you dont even know or dont know you even exist :verycool: 

On 2016-11-05 at 11:15 AM, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

I've only rediscovered Britney around mid August right before the release of Glory. I thought it would be fun/amusing to listen to the "This Is:" playlist they had of her on Spotify while I played LoL. I was never a fan of hers before that. In fact, the only song I genuinely liked from her was Sometimes and it was more for the nostalgia feels (still my favorite btw). I've never been a pop music fan either. In high school I listened to 90s alt like Weezer and Green Day or emo stuff like MCR, PATD, or FOB. In college, I listened to a lot of indie/folk stuff like Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver, Edwarde Sharpe+Magnetic zeros, etc. When I started working my desk monkey job I was listening to recent hip hop stuff like Future, Young Thug, and Travis Scott.

After I heard Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know and Anticipating from the playlist I couldn't get enough of Britney. I listened to BOMT and OIDIA all the way through and loved every second of it maybe not Dear Diary so much. Then I decided to look up her old music videos on YT and I absolutely fell in love with her. You see where this is going. I listened to Britney, ITZ, and Blackout just in time before she released Glory and my life was changed forever. Her albums just got better and better! (I hadn't heard BJ at this time, or Circus and FF for that matter). I even bought a japanese version of Glory just so I could listen to Mood Ring - the first physical copy of music I've bought since 2004. 

I am basically obsessed with her (stanning? is that the right word?) and my gf thought it was cute at first but now she thinks it's a little weird. My coworkers thought it was funny but the other day one of my friends said it was getting a little creepy lol. As a straight guy that works in IT it's really hard to find other fans that love her as much as I do, especially without being called gay/love etc. and I am so glad to have found this community and see that there are many out there who share my love for the Queen, the one true God, the Holy Spearit herself, Britney Jean Spears.

Sorry for the word vomit, but any other 'new' fans out there? How did you become a fan? I wanna hear your stories! 

So happy to see somebody discovering Britney :pumped:

Actually I became a fan like 2 years ago, i found the I wanna go music video on youtube and i kinda fell in love with brit.:wooney:

So, I bought a compilation (The esential: Britney Spears) and I listened to it non-stop. It was my favorite CD and everytime I listened to it, I was the happiest person on heart. After I lost The CD (Found it back like 6 months after), I decided to buy her albums. I never cared about her before that and always taught she was crazy even if I adored Gimme more, Toxic, Oops, Till the world ends and Womanizer( The only songs I knew from her :britdrown:).

Now I really am a stan and I never loved a celebrity as Britney, she's my everything :crying1:

4 hours ago, CharliBritneyXCX said:

Actually I became a fan like 2 years ago, i found the I wanna go music video on youtube and i kinda fell in love with brit.:wooney:

So, I bought a compilation (The esential: Britney Spears) and I listened to it non-stop. It was my favorite CD and everytime I listened to it, I was the happiest person on heart. After I lost The CD (Found it back like 6 months after), I decided to buy her albums. I never cared about her before that and always taught she was crazy even if I adored Gimme more, Toxic, Oops, Till the world ends and Womanizer( The only songs I knew from her :britdrown:).

Now I really am a stan and I never loved a celebrity as Britney, she's my everything :crying1:

Wow I didn't know she gained so many fans during the FF era. You must be fairly young? I know she had a lot of hits at the time but I didn't think teenagers would find her cool.

And I know what you mean. Britney is the only celebrity I even remotely care about. She means the world to me. Wish I could meet her :crying2: 

1 hour ago, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

Wow I didn't know she gained so many fans during the FF era. You must be fairly young? I know she had a lot of hits at the time but I didn't think teenagers would find her cool.

And I know what you mean. Britney is the only celebrity I even remotely care about. She means the world to me. Wish I could meet her :crying2: 

I'm 16 years old so not a lot of person at my high school care about her tbh :crying11:

Must of them laugh about her but they don't know how much of a sweetheart she is

8 hours ago, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

If u like Strangest Love you will LOVE And Then We Kiss. Her best unreleased stuff was the songs from her breakdown era... 

7 hours ago, CharliBritneyXCX said:

Also you should listen to these. Her darkest songs are Rebellion, Mona Lisa, Let Go, Baby Boy and they are my faves because of the lyrics and the emotion in her voice those songs are really underrated

2 hours ago, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

ALSO

THIS omg she has done a lot of different genres and i think thats why i love her. Im straight too i really admire her music so we are cool

10 hours ago, Melinda said:

I LOVE Strangest love... and Everyday, 911, Welcome to me, Sugarfall/Hooked on you, State of grace, Tell me(am i a sinner), Let go, Luv the hurt away, Mad love... god there are so many... look them up if you havent yet. 

Thats good that she likes her at least... its so frustrating sometimes when something happens and you wanna tell somebody and no one really cares, lol. 

And yeah i know, i only have the Cricus and FF tour booklet bc i went to those concerts and want to buy the rest on ebay but they are as you said VERY expensive :nochillbrit:

And i agree... i was OBSESSED with The Spice Girls back in the day but never cared for them like i do with Brit and im like you with the cry when she cries and her laugh is so adorable, you cant help but smile or laugh yourself. I can say that The Backstreet boys is the closest to me caring for them as a person but not on that level as i do with her and it strange really, that you can care so much about someone that you dont even know or dont know you even exist :verycool: 

I'll have to check those out sometime. Thanks for the list! 

I haven't seen her live obviously but it's my dream to see her in person. Vegas plane tix are pretty cheap right now so it's tempting  :yesokay:

I'd probably cry when I do get to see her.

5 hours ago, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

I'll have to check those out sometime. Thanks for the list! 

I haven't seen her live obviously but it's my dream to see her in person. Vegas plane tix are pretty cheap right now so it's tempting  :yesokay:

I'd probably cry when I do get to see her.

Do it, i wish they were on a album, cant believe some of them never made the cut. 

Circus was my first time seeing her and i CRIED lol... i wanted to go to Oops, DWAD and Onyx tour but my parents and myself never had the money for it at the time :embarrassney: Yeah my dream is to go to vegas to... but i dont have a job at the moment so its not so easy...  Where do you live? :)  

Archived