Am I the only 'NEW' Britney Spears fan? (My Story)

BabyCan'tYouSee

Welcome. It is so cool hearing of people loving Brit that just found her! :carpoolney:

I am a 25 year old female, I found her when she debuted, but in high school I listened to pop punk music (I LOVE P!ATD and FOB!!!!) but I still always loved her and cared about her. I become a full blown stan during the Circus era. She is the only celeb that I adore and love sooo much.

I know how you feel about the gf thing, my boyfriend makes fun of me all the time. He doesn't understand my love for her at all. All my girlfriends basically think it is a joke, but I am dead serious obv. :donewithit:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Melinda said:

Do it, i wish they were on a album, cant believe some of them never made the cut. 

Circus was my first time seeing her and i CRIED lol... i wanted to go to Oops, DWAD and Onyx tour but my parents and myself never had the money for it at the time :embarrassney: Yeah my dream is to go to vegas to... but i dont have a job at the moment so its not so easy...  Where do you live? :)  

I just listened to the ones on the singles collection. They are pretty good. 

At least we can watch those on YT I guess :surething:

I live right outside Atlanta now. I moved here a year and a half ago for my job. I'm originally from Texas

bpf.gif

7 hours ago, patience-darling said:

Welcome. It is so cool hearing of people loving Brit that just found her! :carpoolney:

I am a 25 year old female, I found her when she debuted, but in high school I listened to pop punk music (I LOVE P!ATD and FOB!!!!) but I still always loved her and cared about her. I become a full blown stan during the Circus era. She is the only celeb that I adore and love sooo much.

I know how you feel about the gf thing, my boyfriend makes fun of me all the time. He doesn't understand my love for her at all. All my girlfriends basically think it is a joke, but I am dead serious obv. :donewithit:

yeah that era had some good bands. PATD, FOB, The Killers, Paramore, AAR, etc. Those don't really exist anymore. Rock music is pretty much dead even the poppy kind :gloria: 

All my coworkers thought it was a joke at first until we were in my car and i put Glory on. None of them knew Brit had a new album so I was kinda doing promo :carpoolney:

doubt any of them will check it out though

17 hours ago, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

I just listened to the ones on the singles collection. They are pretty good. 

At least we can watch those on YT I guess :surething:

I live right outside Atlanta now. I moved here a year and a half ago for my job. I'm originally from Texas

bpf.gif

Yeah, ill guess so :verycool:

Oh really? Lucky you :brityes: always wanted to go to the states and Atlanta is actually one of those places i would like to see. I live in Sweden so its a bit far away, :yeahsure: I mean i LOVE this country and we have it pretty good but i really wish i could save up and go on sort of a road trip through the USA. 

11 hours ago, Melinda said:

Yeah, ill guess so :verycool:

Oh really? Lucky you :brityes: always wanted to go to the states and Atlanta is actually one of those places i would like to see. I live in Sweden so its a bit far away, :yeahsure: I mean i LOVE this country and we have it pretty good but i really wish i could save up and go on sort of a road trip through the USA. 

Atlanta is alright. Stereotypical big american city. I used to live in Austin and I loved it. When I was in college my gf (at the time) and I planned on going on a road trip from TX -> Cali -> NY when we graduated but we broke up before it ended up happening :( she also kept the coldplay tix i bought that ***** 

I really really wanna visit Sweden and scandinavia in general. I have a friend that's in school over there right now (Jonkoping University or something like that) and she loves it. I always see pretty pictures from there and it's like earth **** 

10 hours ago, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

Atlanta is alright. Stereotypical big american city. I used to live in Austin and I loved it. When I was in college my gf (at the time) and I planned on going on a road trip from TX -> Cali -> NY when we graduated but we broke up before it ended up happening :( she also kept the coldplay tix i bought that ***** 

I really really wanna visit Sweden and scandinavia in general. I have a friend that's in school over there right now (Jonkoping University or something like that) and she loves it. I always see pretty pictures from there and it's like earth **** 

Ive sent you a PM instead :)

• 4 years later...
On 11/5/2016 at 3:15 PM, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

I've only rediscovered Britney around mid August right before the release of Glory. I thought it would be fun/amusing to listen to the "This Is:" playlist they had of her on Spotify while I played LoL. I was never a fan of hers before that. In fact, the only song I genuinely liked from her was Sometimes and it was more for the nostalgia feels (still my favorite btw). I've never been a pop music fan either. In high school I listened to 90s alt like Weezer and Green Day or emo stuff like MCR, PATD, or FOB. In college, I listened to a lot of indie/folk stuff like Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver, Edwarde Sharpe+Magnetic zeros, etc. When I started working my desk monkey job I was listening to recent hip hop stuff like Future, Young Thug, and Travis Scott.

After I heard Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know and Anticipating from the playlist I couldn't get enough of Britney. I listened to BOMT and OIDIA all the way through and loved every second of it maybe not Dear Diary so much. Then I decided to look up her old music videos on YT and I absolutely fell in love with her. You see where this is going. I listened to Britney, ITZ, and Blackout just in time before she released Glory and my life was changed forever. Her albums just got better and better! (I hadn't heard BJ at this time, or Circus and FF for that matter). I even bought a japanese version of Glory just so I could listen to Mood Ring - the first physical copy of music I've bought since 2004. 

I am basically obsessed with her (stanning? is that the right word?) and my gf thought it was cute at first but now she thinks it's a little weird. My coworkers thought it was funny but the other day one of my friends said it was getting a little creepy lol. As a straight guy that works in IT it's really hard to find other fans that love her as much as I do, especially without being called gay/love etc. and I am so glad to have found this community and see that there are many out there who share my love for the Queen, the one true God, the Holy Spearit herself, Britney Jean Spears.

Sorry for the word vomit, but any other 'new' fans out there? How did you become a fan? I wanna hear your stories! 

i think i had more fun watching this than any other comment in here! Glad you found your way into God'ney. :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

Archived