What Happened With Britney Spears?

Curious_1110

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Brisketney said:

People are being a lil too nasty here tbh. Even if he was lying, which i doubt he is, what kind of threat does this dude pose? This seems like a huge misunderstanding. Lay off the third degree, y'all :quirkney:

Yeah. This place is tough lol. I wasn't sure about signing up but after I searched through stuff up here for maybe 2 days and didn't see anything about what I wanted to know. I figured this would be the best place to ask because I saw topics about her new album sales and positions on charts around the world, how much the radio stations play the song , secret videos I was like damn these people really know a lot about her. Someone would be able to tell me something, and I did find out a lot I had no idea about. 

How do I get the emails to stop? I've signed out and still get them 

17 minutes ago, Curious_1110 said:

Yeah. This place is tough lol. I wasn't sure about signing up but after I searched through stuff up here for maybe 2 days and didn't see anything about what I wanted to know. I figured this would be the best place to ask because I saw topics about her new album sales and positions on charts around the world, how much the radio stations play the song , secret videos I was like damn these people really know a lot about her. Someone would be able to tell me something, and I did find out a lot I had no idea about. 

Honey. It's more than tough. :moorangu:

If you could see everything Britney has done til date. Trust me you would stan. Lot of people wonder why do people still like Britney Spears?

The answer for me and lot of people is that her life is fascinating. Her music/unreleased songs are fascinating. Her breakdown is fascinating, her private life also, the problems.. I mean no one that is a stan could understand the perspective fans have because there has been A LOT going on on her life.. Thats what makes it fascinating.

There are threads explaining her life but basically a resume is that everything was fine until 2006/2007 where you can see the problems in youtube where media was harrasing Britney so hard and everything and you can see her documental called FOR THE RECORD. This is just the beginning of the troubles. But everything starts in 1998

3 hours ago, Blackout_Boy said:

If you could see everything Britney has done til date. Trust me you would stan. Lot of people wonder why do people still like Britney Spears?

The answer for me and lot of people is that her life is fascinating. Her music/unreleased songs are fascinating. Her breakdown is fascinating, her private life also, the problems.. I mean no one that is a stan could understand the perspective fans have because there has been A LOT going on on her life.. Thats what makes it fascinating.

There are threads explaining her life but basically a resume is that everything was fine until 2006/2007 where you can see the problems in youtube where media was harrasing Britney so hard and everything and you can see her documental called FOR THE RECORD. This is just the beginning of the troubles. But everything starts in 1998

I did watch the documentary and it showed me a different side to female singers. Never really thought much about how weird it must be to not be able to do normal things or worry about how look just to go outside. I felt really bad for her, especially when she said she was like a prisoner. That's why I asked earlier does she still want to be famous or is she being forced?

It was also crazy how much better she looked dancing in the studio compared to what I saw on the VMAs

On 9/14/2016 at 7:31 PM, D_Britfan said:

Are those two things supposed to be linked like that? Cause im prii sure britney doesnt actively say "i dont want black people to like my music" she has plenty of black fans. Poor wording i think.

True. I think I would've just stuck with liking other genres of music and pop music really isn't under that umbrella. So yeah: "Target audience is pop music fans and I can't say I'm that into pop"

I do get what OP's trying to say there, fumbled message and all. There's a lot of music out there that might seem random for a person to like. One of my favorite singers pretty much did the majority of his music under a different language that I don't speak or understand. Not like his career was that big over here either and I think it got to a point where they just stopped marketing stuff over here because it was pointless for them to do so. So for an American that's really not understanding the music to love his music as much as I do, it does seem pretty random. Like :britwtf: "You like that?! Why? That's so weird!" So tbh I probably would've said a comment similar to what OP said about Britney, just change "black" to "American".

8 hours ago, Brisketney said:

People are being a lil too nasty here tbh. Even if he was lying, which i doubt he is, what kind of threat does this dude pose? This seems like a huge misunderstanding. Lay off the third degree, y'all :quirkney:

I agree. I'm on another site where I know to avoid the comments section because people are such ******** about Britney, this guy really hasn't been an ******* about Britney. 

7 hours ago, Curious_1110 said:

Go back to your emails and go to the bottom. I'm subscribed for a few threads and see this at the bottom of my emails " You are receiving this email because you are following the Topic 'Vegas Gifs And Pictures Collection (Official Thread)'.
Prefer to stop receiving these emails? Unfollow or Adjust your notification preferences.  " Click "unfollow". I'm still new here so I don't know if it'll take you to a new page to confirm you really want to unfollow or not.

23 hours ago, Curious_1110 said:

Yes. It's the same as me recognizing that I am not Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, or Taylor Swifts target audience. The same way you wouldn't be the target audience for people Im a fan of like Young M.a, Shy Glizzy or Gucci Mane 

yess pls stay on this forum there are not enough people on here that are fans of hip hop. so glad gucci is free

3 hours ago, Curious_1110 said:

I did watch the documentary and it showed me a different side to female singers. Never really thought much about how weird it must be to not be able to do normal things or worry about how look just to go outside. I felt really bad for her, especially when she said she was like a prisoner. That's why I asked earlier does she still want to be famous or is she being forced?

It was also crazy how much better she looked dancing in the studio compared to what I saw on the VMAs

I bet the money a celebrity earns is wonderful but overall I think I'd take a pass. I just wouldn't be able to handle it.  I'd want to come and go as I please--still have a private life. Not up to the bullying either. Celebrities have to look hot 24/7 or you see the **** they catch. Gain weight, skin look like crap, hair look stringy, you're not dressed like you're going to an Awards show--people are gonna "snark" or just flat out be dicks about it. So yeah, I'm already somebody with confidence issues and that's stuff I definitely don't need! :brityeah:

5 hours ago, vip_anonymous said:

This thread is epic :shadelaugh:

:riha:

OP, I'm sorry you had to go through all of this just to learn a bit more about what happened to Britney (though you did come to the best place to ask, because everyone has a little more to add to the conversation in terms of getting more info), but thank you for making this thread.

I think it's the way you chose to word things that kind of gets under people's skin a bit.  Not going to lie, it kind of got under mine too but maybe I just read it the wrong way..

"Her music doesn't appeal to me, I'm black"   That statement is very ignorant imo
Like someone said before, it would have made people less agitated if you said something like "Oh I prefer Rock music etc to Pop music so her music doesn't appeal to me" 

And contradicting yourself saying oh she doesn't appeal to black people and wouldn't show up on BET but then your first post claims how you saw her consistently on MTV and liked some of her music, videos and performances.  

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:48 PM, EsterThePassenger said:

I think 2010 breakdown has more impact to current britney than 2007 breakdown. Btw, are you straight?

I get what you mean, but I would say both are HUGELY impactful. The 2006 to 2008 was bigger, obviously, but she at least was in the spotlight a lot.

But the 2010 probably influenced her decision to be less in the spotlight, mixed in with the 2006-2008 one. The 2010 one, whether true, or not, was the last push.

12 hours ago, King Billy said:

Which person who would find a Britney spears forum online would follow not only the music career of r Kelly in 2016 but deep cuts he produced in 2003 as well? And Danja ain't exactly an household name. Outside of Britney I have literally never heard him mentioned before. 

Danja isn't a household name?

You might have heard of an album that he was the main producer of called FUTURESEX/LOVESOUNDS that outsold Blackout by a factor of 4.5

i got respect for OP tho he reps The Neptunes, Timbaland and Danja and not JT or Britney. finally somebody from the GP comes in here and says who the real primary artists are.

if you still here, do you remember any of the other Cheiron Productions songs besides Baby One More Time and Oops? Other songs by them include It's Gonna Be Me, Larger Than Life, Everybody, Sometimes, Quit Playing Games With My Heart, Stronger, Tearin' Up My Heart, I Want You Back, I Want It That Way, Bye Bye Bye, You Drive Me Crazy

1 hour ago, Shaq Fu said:

Danja isn't a household name?

You might have heard of an album that he was the main producer of called FUTURESEX/LOVESOUNDS that outsold Blackout by a factor of 4.5

i got respect for OP tho he reps The Neptunes, Timbaland and Danja and not JT or Britney. finally somebody from the GP comes in here and says who the real primary artists are.

if you still here, do you remember any of the other Cheiron Productions songs besides Baby One More Time and Oops? Other songs by them include It's Gonna Be Me, Larger Than Life, Everybody, Sometimes, Quit Playing Games With My Heart, Stronger, Tearin' Up My Heart, I Want You Back, I Want It That Way, Bye Bye Bye, You Drive Me Crazy

FUTURESEX/LOVESOUND came out my freshman year of college that album was everywhere during homecoming. That's when most people I know really started paying attention to JT. 

Those songs you listed I only remember a few of them...mostly the NSYNC stuff, girls I grew up with liked  them and they were like a less corny version of Backstreet Boys

2 hours ago, ItsBritneyBritney said:

I think it's the way you chose to word things that kind of gets under people's skin a bit.  Not going to lie, it kind of got under mine too but maybe I just read it the wrong way..

"Her music doesn't appeal to me, I'm black"   That statement is very ignorant imo
Like someone said before, it would have made people less agitated if you said something like "Oh I prefer Rock music etc to Pop music so her music doesn't appeal to me" 

And contradicting yourself saying oh she doesn't appeal to black people and wouldn't show up on BET but then your first post claims how you saw her consistently on MTV and liked some of her music, videos and performances.  

Well some black people watch both BET and MTV. But I also grew up with people who only watched Rap City or 106 & Park after school who would look at me like I was crazy if I turned to MTV. so they weren't following or caring about TRL and stuff like that. 

And I didn't say her music doesn't appeal to me because I'm black. I said I'm a black guy that likes hip hop and that puts me out of her target audience. She doesn't make music for me. She makes music, in my opinion, for gay white guys and any woman that can relate. That's not to say black gay guys can't be fans/stans and love her just as much. 

Archived