What Happened With Britney Spears?

Curious_1110

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sliver said:

What's song from her you like the most? :)Β 

There's actually quite a few ..Toxic is the first one that comes to mind but it's probably the only one I know by name. I'm more familiar with her videos. The song where they danced in the hallway with strobe lights and the limo stretched is another one I like. Mainly her songs that are mor hip hop influenced

1 minute ago, Curious_1110 said:

There's actually quite a few ..Toxic is the first one that comes to mind but it's probably the only one I know by name. I'm more familiar with her videos. The song where they danced in the hallway with strobe lights and the limo stretched is another one I like. Mainly her songs that are mor hip hop influenced

You should definietely go listen In The Zone , Blackout and Glory albums. A lot of best songs didn't get a video.
I don't really know what should i recommend to you but try:Β 

Gimme More, Break The Ice, The Hook Up, Breathe On Me, If I'm Dancing, Change Your Mind, Slumber Party, Freakshow, And Then We Kiss, Ooh Ooh Baby, Get Naked ( I got a plan)Β 

She had a breakdown that went to its worse period in 2007 but started in late 2006 right after she had her second baby. She got a divorce. She didn't handle the divorce well: she went clubbing instead of looking for help with her family and on top of that she had papz following her and taking pictures of her every move. All of this while having a one year old and breast-feeding another kid.Β **** became even more crazy and she shaved her head, lost custody of her kids, was taken to rehab, etc.

2008 kicked off with a sad story: an ambulance came to her house to take her to a hospital and since around April 2008 you could see her going to the gym, dance studio, recording studio and overall doing better. By the end of 2008 the "comeback" was forced to her. She attended the VMAs to show herself as a winner, made a few appearances here and there and released an album. Honestly, I think they should have given her more time to recover and pushed the Circus era at least 6 months.Β 

In 2009 she went on tour with her Β kids.

In 2010 she allegedly had a secret second breakdown. We don't know much about it but there are candids of her crying in her car and looking miserable. It was also reported that on a trip to Disneyland she locked herself in a bathroom with scissors and cut her hair; which seems to be confirmed by the candids we got a few days later with shorter hair. On top of that, the label decided to change the direction of the album she was working on, which ended up being Femme Fatale and which she didn't seem to be feeling. She relesed the album and went on tour in 2011.

Β 

I tried to make it shortΒ :woopsie:

7 minutes ago, Sliver said:

You should definietely go listen In The Zone , Blackout and Glory albums. A lot of best songs didn't get a video.
I don't really know what should i recommend to you but try:Β 

Gimme More, Break The Ice, The Hook Up, Breathe On Me, If I'm Dancing, Change Your Mind, Slumber Party, Freakshow, And Then We Kiss, Ooh Ooh Baby, Get Naked ( I got a plan)Β 

Couldn't remember the name of the albums butΒ I bought In The Zone and liked a good portion of it.Β I didn't buy Blackout but I'm familiar with the songs. That's the sound I thought she'd progress into

43 minutes ago, Curious_1110 said:

Could it be Everytime? That mv has a hallway and the limo in the beginning

Β 

50 minutes ago, Curious_1110 said:

You must check out Ooh La La and Pretty Girls, those songs won her two grammys eachΒ :shameless:

8 minutes ago, Hispanicney said:

What you SHOULD be asking is. "What happened to the General Public". Have you seen the songs on the top 10 billboard charts? Have you listened to the crap being played on the radio? NOTHING happened to Britney, she continues to make great music. It's just the GP have a fetish with terrible music like Halsey and Rihannas.Β 

18 minutes ago, Electro World said:

Could it be Everytime? That mv has a hallway and the limo in the beginning

Β 

No it was a fast song with a dancebreak...she wore a pink skirt for a good portion of the videoΒ 

12 minutes ago, Hispanicney said:

What you SHOULD be asking is. "What happened to the General Public". Have you seen the songs on the top 10 billboard charts? Have you listened to the crap being played on the radio? NOTHING happened to Britney, she continues to make great music. It's just the GP have a fetish with terrible music like Halsey and Rihannas.Β 

The general public isn't the driving force of the hot 100 chart that chart is geared towards 13-21 year olds. Who do have bad tastes because admittedly some of the songs and artists I liked at that age I'd never openly admit to liking. Britney's demographic is more like the 24+ crowdΒ 

5 minutes ago, toysoldier88 said:

If you feel like this about britney ( which i totally understands, not beeing a stan, sadly you represent most the people out there...) Let me ask you, what about xtina? Do you know she's still walking this earth? :shameless:

Lol. Christina Aguilera to me is like whatΒ Lady Gaga isΒ now. Talent you can't deny but a level of pretension that you can't get past. She wasn't everywhere like Britney/Beyonce/JT ect so she was easier to ignore sadly

10 minutes ago, Applejack said:

If you like R&B and kinda hip hop stuff you should give full Glory and full In the Zone a try, seriously. Blackout too... It's Danja and Brit's masterpiece. Circus maybe.

I bought In The Zone when I was younger and I liked it. I downloaded tracks from Blackout that was a really good effort. Glory I only learned about a few days ago but I plan to check it out soonΒ 

2 hours ago, Curious_1110 said:

Well I know about the breakdown, I think everyone is aware of that but I remember her comeback around 07/08 and I wasn't interested in the music. Im just curious what happened to her because after 2011, I didn't like the music she offered then either,Β it's like she disappeared until this years VMA.Β 

from 2012 onwards

2012 - she was a judge in X-Factor + released ScreamΒ & Shout with will.i.am (her last big hit), after that, everything went downhill

2013 - released Ooh La La (a song for the movie "The Smurfs 2"), andΒ released her eight studioΒ album called Britney Jean (+ released Work ***** and Perfume as singles, but she didn't really promoted them), she flopped really hard.Β She also started a residency on Las Vegas (that's going still today).

2014 - released her lingerie line called "The Intimate Britney Spears", not much happened this year

2015 - released a single with Iggy Azalea called Pretty Girls (terrible tbh), she performed it on the BBMA's but that was it. Also recorded a coverΒ of Tom's DinerΒ forΒ Giorgio Moroders's album.

2016 - Performed her greatest hits on BBMA's, released her new album named Glory (which Make Me... is the lead single (performed on the VMA's and Today Show)) and is currently promoting it. Her dancing improved a lot, and her personality too (she was pretty much lifeless on 2011)

Β 

I suggest you to watch these:

Β 

Archived