What Happened With Britney Spears?

Curious_1110

8 hours ago, Curious_1110 said:

I've never signed up to a forum before and I'm a 27 year old guy that doesn't get involved in stan culture too much but I grew up on MTV/TRL/VMA's. Had no idea Britney Spears had a new album or song out until the VMA's this year and after her set on the show I was confused about what I was watching, it wasn't just her it was the whole show but she stuck out to me in particular. To be honest I was never a Britney fan but because she was a mainstay on MTV you couldn't help but be exposed to her and she was nice to look at, made some nice songs and videos, cool performances ect. After talking to a few friends of mine that are into the whole Stan thing I heard about this place so I looked through a couple pages but couldn't find anything about whats going on with her and why she seems so detached. 

I'm gonna sum it up for you: After the breakdown, Britney most likely lost the hunger she had to perform and be as iconic as she was "back in the day"...she always said she'd love to do something else with her life but it's looks, IMO, like she views this as a JOB. She doesn't really either care or have the mindset to compete like her peers because the breakdown showed her what she'd really rather do...but honestly, who's gonna leave the popstar life to be a teacher??

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Well, the point is you wanted to know about Britney. :tbh: Have all of your questions been answered or are you wondering about anything else?

You know....I apologized for the comment earlier so the passive aggressive stuff isn't really necessary. But you're right my question was answered, I didn't know I had to leave at that point. So thank you for making me aware. 

1 hour ago, Curious_1110 said:

Neve said they were, but for some reason I don't see Britney and her producers in the studio making Toxic and thinking yeah the streets are gonna go crazy off this record. Unlike say Jay Z whose newest song I Got The Keys is targeted to me and my demographic 

As far as this statement, I'm not in music sales so I don't know what her TARGET audience is, but the demographic buying her music is most likely gay men, and then anyone like 17-35 years old. Most of us 90's kids are in our 20's so growing up with Britney, we stayed fans. Anyone younger is prob liking the newer music starting around 2007...

She does pop music, so while music genre and race aren't exclusice, in black culture we just happen to more grow up listening to Rap/R&B and a sprinkle of us here and there end up favoring other genres altogether.

I'm sure theres a better way i could word it, but I'm not sure how

Am I the only one who find this fishy? :grimace:

I mean some random dude finds it easier to ask here about Britney and how she's changed? Easier than looking in Google? :rihstare:

I don't know guys, Britney knows about "Godney" and other fan-related stuff, her kids use the internet, any of them could be looking at Exhale. Are you sure these kind of threads need to have 5+ pages? :NYsassy:

12 minutes ago, BJ4u said:

I mean some random dude finds it easier to ask here about Britney and how she's changed? Easier than looking in Google? :rihstare:

I don't know guys, Britney knows about "Godney" and other fan-related stuff, her kids use the internet, any of them could be looking at Exhale. Are you sure these kind of threads need to have 5+ pages? :NYsassy:

I did Google Britney Spears breakdown at the same time I searched Britney Spears exhale. The most recent thing was posted in 2013 and it gave a quick rundown from 2004-2008 and mentioned a Circus album and one in 2011. No mention of this second breakdown in 2010 someone posted a link to. Plus I figured if you guys were anything like the Beehive fans I know you'd be able to tell me way more than what I could find on google. But this place is waaaay too hostile and operates on extremes of either completely loving someone or completely disliking them which isn't for me. But I guess thats the whole point of Stan culture. 

1 hour ago, Curious_1110 said:

You know....I apologized for the comment earlier so the passive aggressive stuff isn't really necessary. But you're right my question was answered, I didn't know I had to leave at that point. So thank you for making me aware. 

:sofedup: No one was being passive aggressive. I simply didn't want to argue anymore about your preconceived notions on what Britney's demographic is or is not, so I moved the subject back to the original topic. And no, you don't have to leave once your question's been answered, though I assume you will anyway since you admitted you're not a fan. So cut the "woe is me" act, 'cause your post was far more passive aggressive, honey. :mcwave: 

13 hours ago, Curious_1110 said:

I've never signed up to a forum before and I'm a 27 year old guy that doesn't get involved in stan culture too much but I grew up on MTV/TRL/VMA's. Had no idea Britney Spears had a new album or song out until the VMA's this year and after her set on the show I was confused about what I was watching, it wasn't just her it was the whole show but she stuck out to me in particular. To be honest I was never a Britney fan but because she was a mainstay on MTV you couldn't help but be exposed to her and she was nice to look at, made some nice songs and videos, cool performances ect. After talking to a few friends of mine that are into the whole Stan thing I heard about this place so I looked through a couple pages but couldn't find anything about whats going on with her and why she seems so detached. 

Basically she's always been around but the general public kinda got over her music. She doesn't dance like she used to and there's all the "new girls" out there like Selena, Taylor, Katy etc who people just like more than Britney. I feel you tho, I'm almost the same age as you & I grew up during the MTV TRL era in the US and that's how I became a Britney stan. Been following her & listening to her music ever since baby one more time. In my day (I feel so old lol) we only had Britney, xtina, nsync, Bsb and I feel like they're all sooo much better than these new pop stars. Anyway, I'm into hip hop/rap too (Brit is the only pop singer I listen to TBH) and I think you should check out her new album. If u liked mood ring youll like GLory and don't think it sounds like Make Me cuz that's definitely not one of her best Glory tracks lool. Do you have Twitter btw? We have a lot in common! We should chat :)  

5 hours ago, BJ4u said:

Exactly it's not connecting for me 

3 hours ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

Or maybe they follow R Kelly. And why wouldn't they know of Danja? 

Which person who would find a Britney spears forum online would follow not only the music career of r Kelly in 2016 but deep cuts he produced in 2003 as well? And Danja ain't exactly an household name. Outside of Britney I have literally never heard him mentioned before. 

5 minutes ago, King Billy said:

Which person who would find a Britney spears forum online would follow not only the music career of r Kelly in 2016 but deep cuts he produced in 2003 as well? And Danja ain't exactly an household name. Outside of Britney I have literally never heard him mentioned before. 

Well, he said he liked that song of Brit produced by R Kelly, the song he heard from back in the day so I suppose that certain song got stuck in his mind as 'the song produced by R Kelly'. I mean, he found out the song was produced by R Kelly when he first heard it and that's how he labeled it. 

As for Danja, Idk. I use to look up producers' work if I like some songs produced by them so maybe that's what he did?

And he said he found out about Exhale from friends. And personally, I don't find it so phony that he's on here trying to learn more about Britney. It is much more interesting to hear about things from people who know the story in depth than read about it, possibly not being aware of what the heck you are reading. Not to mention that reading official stuff leads you to not knowing all the details you could know since some things were not said  and all. 

7 hours ago, King Billy said:

This ***** is a troll a casual music listener don't know r Kelly produced on in the zone and they don't know of Danja! I'm calling your bluff Beyonce Stan trying to pretend people don't know about Britney. I won't have it

1 hour ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

:tiffdrink:

Or just maybe like I said im

a black person surrounded by black people that listens to black music and follow black artists but I have an appreciation for pop music so when it crosses paths with someone I like I may give it a try. Timbaland started as a producer, so did Missy, so did Diddy, ect. In our culture the producer is just as popular as the artist, if not more than the artist. You people here are so narrow minded and feel like you know everything about everyone. I haven't said anything at all negative about Britney Spears. 

8 hours ago, Gritney said:

Basically she's always been around but the general public kinda got over her music. She doesn't dance like she used to and there's all the "new girls" out there like Selena, Taylor, Katy etc who people just like more than Britney. I feel you tho, I'm almost the same age as you & I grew up during the MTV TRL era in the US and that's how I became a Britney stan. Been following her & listening to her music ever since baby one more time. In my day (I feel so old lol) we only had Britney, xtina, nsync, Bsb and I feel like they're all sooo much better than these new pop stars. Anyway, I'm into hip hop/rap too (Brit is the only pop singer I listen to TBH) and I think you should check out her new album. If u liked mood ring youll like GLory and don't think it sounds like Make Me cuz that's definitely not one of her best Glory tracks lool. Do you have Twitter btw? We have a lot in common! We should chat :)  

No. I wouldn't communicate with anyone outside of here 

3 minutes ago, Curious_1110 said:

Whatever the **** he said he quoted it wrong so go back a page and you'll see it - king billy 

So because you're black you can't like a white artist? I like Ariana grande but I'm not Mexican 

2 minutes ago, Curious_1110 said:

No. I wouldn't communicate with anyone outside of here 

Because you're a fake profile :CPKney:

Archived