What Happened With Britney Spears?

Curious_1110

I've never signed up to a forum before and I'm a 27 year old guy that doesn't get involved in stan culture too much but I grew up on MTV/TRL/VMA's. Had no idea Britney Spears had a new album or song out until the VMA's this year and after her set on the show I was confused about what I was watching, it wasn't just her it was the whole show but she stuck out to me in particular. To be honest I was never a Britney fan but because she was a mainstay on MTV you couldn't help but be exposed to her and she was nice to look at, made some nice songs and videos, cool performances ect. After talking to a few friends of mine that are into the whole Stan thing I heard about this place so I looked through a couple pages but couldn't find anything about whats going on with her and why she seems so detached. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I know about the breakdown, I think everyone is aware of that but I remember her comeback around 07/08 and I wasn't interested in the music. Im just curious what happened to her because after 2011, I didn't like the music she offered then either, it's like she disappeared until this years VMA. Personally I could only get into her sound around the time of she had the song with R. Kelly and Pharrell produced the slave song and then Timbaland's guy Danja did a really solid album for her. But her music doesn't appeal to me, I'm black and definitely not her target audience. But because she was a main face of the era I grew up in with Justin Timberlake, Pink, Beyonce, Alicia Keys, ect. I'm always somewhat aware of them.

11 minutes ago, Curious_1110 said:

Well I know about the breakdown, I think everyone is aware of that but I remember her comeback around 07/08 and I wasn't interested in the music. Im just curious what happened to her because after 2011, I didn't like the music she offered then either, it's like she disappeared until this years VMA. Personally I could only get into her sound around the time of she had the song with R. Kelly and Pharrell produced the slave song and then Timbaland's guy Danja did a really solid album for her. But her music doesn't appeal to me, I'm black and definitely not her target audience. But because she was a main face of the era I grew up in with Justin Timberlake, Pink, Beyonce, Alicia Keys, ect. I'm always somewhat aware of them.

She def has tried staying out of the spotlight, she's happy with her Vegas residency and she's always talking about her kids 

Britney Jean was a bad era for her she didn't really promote much and the album didn't really feel like it was "her" despite claiming it was her most personal 

Now she teased a music video for make me her lead single off glory and the video looked very promising but she scrapped it and reshot a more cliche video and her fan base had about 100 meltdowns over it. Then she performed on the today show, vmas and did carpool karaoke 

I actually don't hear about pink or Christina much.

I probably missed a lot but this is the best summary I could give you 

3 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Because the media harassment nearly killed her back in 2007, she was practically forced to come back as a star the next year, and she finally found her piece of heaven as a Vegas act in 2013.

^^ And that's what you missed on Glee.

But no, honestly, that's how it happened. It's taken her time to get back into the swing of things.

41 minutes ago, Curious_1110 said:

She basically disappeared for the GP after her album Femme Fatale in 2011 until now with Glory

4 minutes ago, -Brit Brit- said:

She def has tried staying out of the spotlight, she's happy with her Vegas residency and she's always talking about her kids 

Britney Jean was a bad era for her she didn't really promote much and the album didn't really feel like it was "her" despite claiming it was her most personal 

Now she teased a music video for make me her lead single off glory and the video looked very promising but she scrapped it and reshot a more cliche video and her fan base had about 100 meltdowns over it. Then she performed on the today show, vmas and did carpool karaoke 

I actually don't hear about pink or Christina much.

I probably missed a lot but this is the best summary I could give you 

Okay, I didn't know she had that many appearances lately. The VMAs were my first real exposure to her in years then yesterday a hip hop blog I follow posted about a DJ Mustard track featuring her and that's what honestly led me here because that song is dope. So weird now you have to go and search about her, she used have this omnipresent vibe where you didn't have to be a fan to know there was new material or appearances. Hopefully this single puts her back out there. The hip hop stations here used to play the Slave song and the one with R. Kelly. This new one could definitely be on rotation 

2 minutes ago, Curious_1110 said:

Okay, I didn't know she had that many appearances lately. The VMAs were my first real exposure to her in years then yesterday a hip hop blog I follow posted about a DJ Mustard track featuring her and that's what honestly led me here because that song is dope. So weird now you have to go and search about her, she used have this omnipresent vibe where you didn't have to be a fan to know there was new material or appearances. Hopefully this single puts her back out there. The hip hop stations here used to play the Slave song and the one with R. Kelly. This new one could definitely be on rotation 

The thing is that she doesn't want to have that omnipresent vibe anymore and the general public don't really care so it's a perfect match.

21 minutes ago, Sliver said:

If you a Britney fan. Better leave this place :moorangu: This place can destroy everything and it's addicting af

Not really a fan, she was a major face of MTV during my adolescence and MTV was a major part of my adolescence. She had quite a few songs that I could nod to so she was cool in my book

Archived