What Happened With Britney Spears?

Curious_1110

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, anakinskywalker said:

Just so you know, in a new interview that came out today Britney said she is done with all the pop star thing.

''Can she see herself on stage, doing the pop star thing when she's Madonna's age?  ''Nope. Nah. Give me five - two ? - more years, and yeah.'' Britney says. Enjoy Britney Spears - the defining pop star of her generation - while you can. ''

That's it. She is done. She doesn't want to be the biggest pop star out there anymore, she is boycotting her own career dealing with it as her daily job... 

I don't blame her though honestly. 

3 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

The general public doesn't know about Britney's music anymore, they don't considere her as "cool" nowadays. Britney's Femme Fatale era in 2011 was VERY successful. She got two #1 songs : Hold It Against Me and S&M remix. Till The World Ends was a huge hit and I Wanna Go was her biggest hit ever on radio. The album also sold well. After that, she had Scream & Shout with will.i.am, released at the end of 2012 that was HUUUUGE. The song became Britney's second best selling song ever. They decided to hire will.i.am as the executive producer of Britney's eigth album "Britney Jean". Just before that, she went on X Factor. She did a bad job and was not in a good place so it was not good for her public image. At the end of 2013 she released Britney Jean. The first single was Work *****, it was at first considered as a flop because it was not selling as much as we were expecting but it was ended a hit (sold 2M WW with literally 0 promotion and 0 performance). Then the second single was Perfume, she never promoted it either and it ended up selling 550k WW, a big flop. The album was released on December 2 and she started her Vegas residency just after Christmas. The album has been bashed by everybody, even the fans because it wasn't quality music. The song on it are pretty bad and Britney has been accused of not singing everything on the album. A girl called Myah Marie is known for having a similar voice to Britney's, she recorded demos for Britney in the past, and did background vocals on Britney Jean. People think she sang on Alien, Body Ache, Passenger... Britney disappeared from everywhere during two years, from december 2013 to May 2015 and released a new song featuring Iggy Azalea. It was highly anticipated and... nobody liked it. I think it's Britney's worst song EVER, I just can't listen to this song, and everybody share this opinion, it was a mess and even the video was a mess. It ended up being a flop and a real disappointment once again. And Britney announced that she was extended Vegas for two more years (so until the end of 2017).

Britney was not in a good place untill probably 2015, when she started to do apparitions at award shows and being more public. But we can say that people have not heard about her and her music since 2011. During this time a lot of pop girls arrived in the music industry and everything changed. Nowadays people don't care about a great performance, great dancing skills, club bangers. They want the artist to show he is involved in his art, to sing live, etc. 

It's been a long time, Britney's been in the music industry since 1998 and nowadays she really doesn't care about all of that and about charts, she realeses her music but it's more for her fans tbh, her sons are her priority, which is great and healthy but she's been there for too long and doesn't fit in what people expect from an artist nowadays. We can notice that Make Me debuted with 96k copies sold pure sales and first week in the US which is great especially when ce compare it to Gaga's new lead single Perfect Illusion doing only 4k copies more. Gaga's been there since only 2009 and is still a new popstar with only 3 studio albums.

Now that you mention it I remember a song with Britney Will.i.Am and a lot of rappers but it was produced by HitBoy. Had a lot of people I liked on it at the time but still not really anything I could get into. I know the S&M song only the Rihanna one tho.

No idea about a whole album. 

And I noticed before I signed up you guys keep up with her actual album sales and stuff. Why? If you like the music why does that matter

2 minutes ago, Curious_1110 said:

Now that you mention it I remember a song with Britney Will.i.Am and a lot of rappers but it was produced by HitBoy. Had a lot of people I liked on it at the time but still not really anything I could get into. I know the S&M song only the Rihanna one tho.

No idea about a whole album. 

And I noticed before I signed up you guys keep up with her actual album sales and stuff. Why? If you like the music why does that matter

Oh finally you've said something I like. They OBSESS over her sales and compare her to everyone and nothing could have possibly made them happier than the fact that Gagas new song flopped as well. They are weirdos. 

9 minutes ago, King Billy said:

But I'm into DJs as well and I know basically every producer on the hot 100 and I'm white. I'm really confused by all of this. You seem nice enough but from what I can see it just seems to me like a Beyonce fan or something joining the forum to discount Britney's fame at the moment and rile us up. Maybe I'm wrong. That's the impression you give though. 

Not sure how I'm discounting her fame..or giving you that impression. Not my intent 

3 minutes ago, anakinskywalker said:

Neither do I. But it's painful to see my favorite pop star slowly fading away, and by her own choice.

Yeah I get what you mean but she'll always be around in some shape or form. Looks like we have to move onto new artists. I'm starting to like Ariana. 

Just now, Curious_1110 said:

Not sure how I'm discounting her fame..or giving you that impression. Not my intent 

It was when you said you haven't heard of her yet somehow found her forum. 

25 minutes ago, anakinskywalker said:

Just so you know, in a new interview that came out today Britney said she is done with all the pop star thing.

''Can she see herself on stage, doing the pop star thing when she's Madonna's age?  ''Nope. Nah. Give me five - two ? - more years, and yeah.'' Britney says. Enjoy Britney Spears - the defining pop star of her generation - while you can. ''

That's it. She is done. She doesn't want to be the biggest pop star out there anymore, she is boycotting her own career dealing with it as her daily job... 

Wow. See this is part of the reason I wanted to know more about her story now. Like with Prince I just accepted that he was this larger than life legend that was known as music genius while he was alive. Then he died and I had younger people asking me why he was so important and all I could say was well he was a music genius and a legend. It took his death for me to really find out why he was so respected.

I knew even when I was a kid that Britney/JT/Pink/Beyonce were the "ones" for my generation. When their careers are over or they pass away I want to be able to explain to people younger than me why they are who they are. 

When I was growing up watching entertainers there weren't all these different metrics (Twitter/Instagram followers ect.) to gauge how big of a star you were, either you were or you weren't. 

Now it's different you can be a big star and literally no one outside of your followers know who you are. Like someone mentioned Selena Gomez earlier, when I asked my sister about who sang Good For You after she said her name and I was still lost. She replied back like she's the person with the most followers on Instagram how do you not know her. **** like that is weird to me

18 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

The song is will.i.am's and features Britney : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYtGl1dX5qI

The version you are talking about is a remix with several other rappers.

S&M is Rihanna's song. When she released it in 2011 she asked on Twitter to her fans what artist they wanted to be added on the song for a remix. Most of people answered britney and Britney recorded the song with Rihanna : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcczg4ad0wA The song only went to #1 when Britney jumped on it, not before.

I agree with you, it's REALLY stupid to look at charts and sales, I never cared about all of that before joining this website, and let's be honest it's just a stupid thing everybody use for these fan wars on internet. "My fave is better she sold X millions albums" etc. That's really childish. This website is addicting, and in a bad way. In my opinion, Britney won't get a big hit anymore so I enjoy the music. If she charts well I'm happy but if it's not the case, it's ok, it won't affect my personnal life. But we love her soooo much (her music and her personnality, who she is) that we want her to do better than the others. Now she is a mom first, and the artist comes after. She doesn't want to be the it-girl like before, she hates to be at award shows, with tons of celebrities etc, and feel like she has nothing to prove anymore so she does her thing but doesn't try like Beyoncé for example.

Yeah. I couldn't tell you how much one of my favorite albums sold I just know if I liked it and people around me liked it I assumed it was a success. 

The Beyonce "thing" is so funny/amusing/interesting to me. I can't decide if she's really clever or if people are just really gullible. Either way it works for her 

1 hour ago, King Billy said:

Yeah I get what you mean but she'll always be around in some shape or form. Looks like we have to move onto new artists. I'm starting to like Ariana. 

It was when you said you haven't heard of her yet somehow found her forum. 

I don't think I ever said I've never heard of her?? My very first posting I said I grew up seeing her on MTV. Over the years as I grew up her music didn't necessarily reach me because of what I was into vs what she was making.

Back when this years VMA aired I watched it with a group of people I grew up with (my 10 yr high school class reunion is coming up so we've all been hanging out more anyway..) but it was kind of like us just checking back into stuff we don't really get into that much since we're all grown.

A lot of us hadnt really watched VMAs since like mid 00's. So we were all like man what happened to Britney Spears...it bothered me mainly because the way people were dogging her reminded me of my favorite artist Lauryn Hill.

So I asked the few people I know that are heavily into Twitter wars and stuff and after pressing them for real answers they say to me "well if you really wanna know ask the kids on exhale" so I did 

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
On 14/09/2016 at 10:40 PM, Curious_1110 said:

Okay, I didn't know she had that many appearances lately. The VMAs were my first real exposure to her in years then yesterday a hip hop blog I follow posted about a DJ Mustard track featuring her and that's what honestly led me here because that song is dope. So weird now you have to go and search about her, she used have this omnipresent vibe where you didn't have to be a fan to know there was new material or appearances. Hopefully this single puts her back out there. The hip hop stations here used to play the Slave song and the one with R. Kelly. This new one could definitely be on rotation 

She is kinda afraid of the whole showbiz thing now, she can't handle it anymore, that's why she is not as present in the media. 

But performance-wise, she is a lot better than in 2011. Now she smiles on stage, she dance better...

Her charisma is not back though, she is not the performer she once was...and she will never be again, she doesn't have that passion and fire anymore  :boredashell:

Like someone said, her main focus now is being a mom and live the normal life she always wanted.

13 hours ago, King Billy said:

Because Britney isn't just a celebrity. We have grown up with her and we watched the media rip her to shreds. We watched basically everybody rip her to shreds including for a time I should imagine even our family and friends. To us she is not just a celebrity. A lot of us have seen her go from a 15 year old popstar to a 34 year old mother. It's not like we just like her music. I'd bet that the majority of us here prefer Britney herself to Britney's discography. Even though her music is good. 

I manage to split it half for a lot of who/what I like. A lot of people don't like/wouldn't like who/what I like. I'm fine with somebody saying "That's a *hitty song, don't like that artist, etc." I don't care about stuff like that. But on a personal level, even those these celebs don't have a ******* clue I exist--it's really painful seeing them go through such tough times. Look at Amy Winehouse as an example of that. It's awful seeing somebody that you like go through such a downward spiral and for some of these people, knowing that they won't live to be an old age. Amy's death was a surprise but I think a lot of us can't say that we were shocked, ya know? You can take out Amy's name and replace it with anybody's name tbh. 

I've said on other threads that people view celebrities "going wild" as being a bloodsport. Pick up a rock and toss it! So that's where I can see where people do go into "protect mode", whether the person is still alive or not because people really do hit below the belt. 

13 hours ago, Curious_1110 said:

I get that from you guys and like I told the person that messaged me, I started seeing her and her story from you guys perspective. Because Britney is to you guys what Lauryn Hill is to me and a lot of hip hop heads. A woman that struggled with her fame and people's perception of who she was supposed to be. Now people that aren't fans or used to be fans call her crazy and deranged because her music and image is different and they judge her on that before they get to know the story of why she does things the way she does now. 

I hope some/all those people end up in the same boat I'm in. I'm ashamed to say when Britney was going through her tough time that I wasn't more understanding of what she was going through. No, it wasn't a case of me being a royal *unt and making/thinking a bunch of below the belt remarks. Still, I wish I had bit more supportive back then. :( 

13 hours ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

Britney disappeared from everywhere during two years, from december 2013 to May 2015 and released a new song featuring Iggy Azalea. It was highly anticipated and... nobody liked it. I think it's Britney's worst song EVER, I just can't listen to this song, and everybody share this opinion, it was a mess and even the video was a mess.

lol, I think I'm in the minority for this one because I really enjoyed PG. I'll take a pass on the video but I enjoyed the song very much.

13 hours ago, anakinskywalker said:

I wish her the best. I've enjoyed a lot of her music (and of course the perfumes! :) ) and I'll understand if she wants to hang it up when she wants to hang it up.

Archived