When Do “Fans” Stop Defending Her…

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, j4j05 said:

Unfortunately, it is what it is.

Who would have thought it would come down to this where lowering her pants is what she has to offer to the world? She’s so much more than that, but maybe she doesn’t see it.

Very well said…This is exactly what I mean 👍🏻

Edited by Bingjmljr
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, j4j05 said:

There is so much other stuff she could be posting. She says she’s a “chef in the works” - it would be cute to see her cooking or baking. Her old workout videos used to be cute. When she used to paint, it was adorable.

Now, all her content is the same. She keeps dancing while wearing low bottoms that she keeps lowering. It’s giving off trashy and D-list vibes (sorry but it’s true). It’s sad that she might think this is the best she can offer right now. 

I recently posted a topic “Britney Needs To Get A Job” and got ripped apart for it. What I meant was that I’d love to see her doing something she loves. Like you just said, cooking, dancing, working out… she could do so many things outside of the entertainment industry.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, limecakes said:

What do you want fans to do? Cal the police on her for being cheap and repetitive. She has a mental illness. 

If you had a family member with mental illness would you just applaud their behavior? It’s ok to speak honestly about a situation without being cruel. I don’t think pretending something is ok makes it ok.

• Love 1
  • Like 6

you stop "defending" her when you stop being a fan :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I think many of you have a very different concept of what a fan is. You can admire something or someone you think it's good or nice according to your standards. But search on any dictionary and the word fanatic will include adjectives such as "exaggerated", "excessive", "intense", "obsessive" meaning it implies an enthusiasm that goes beyond any reason or objectivity. An obsession that goes beyond the simple admiration you have for something that is understandably good.

You're fan of an artist that may not be the greatest singer or the greatest performer, but in your eyes there's no one better than her or him. You're blinded to their defects or you may even find them cute/appealing rather than seeing them as flaws.

The moment you start questioning and criticizing and not sympathizing with anything that said artist puts out or does, the moment you start seeing flaws in them, I'm afraid that's the moment you stop being a fan. You've reached your limits of how far or how intense you can love someone beyond reason, beyond objectiveness. Your love and admiration have stopped being unconditional, now you've figured out you only like that artist when and IF they meet your standards and expectations, within what's rational to you. You've become part of the "general public" for that artist.

And it's ok. I "admire" other artists too, like, idk, Gaga, ONLY when her songs or performances seem appealing to me, but there's tons of songs, albums, performances, outfits, just things she does or say, things about her personality that I don't like, that I may even find distasteful or ridiculous, and so, just because I like 10 or more songs by her, I would never call myself a "fan" of Gaga. I just like her when and if it meets my standards and taste.

In Britney's case and what you're talking about, do I think her IG posts are up to the standards of idk, the Oops music video? No. But does it make me uncomfortable, uneasy, embarrassed, concerned, bored, disappointed? Absolutely not. I unironically enjoy her posts and it makes me happy whenever there's something new. Any kind of content from her is enough to please me. I would say the closest I was to stop being her fan was when she released Blackout, since it was so different than anything she had put out before. But even that I still liked it, and kept holding on, and I've survived all the subsequent eras, from FFney, to the POM wigs, the whole FreeBritney and up to this day. I don't know what she could possibly do or put out to make me stop being a fan, other than committing a terrible crime or idk. And maybe even so the fan in me would find any excuse to justify her or prove it's false.

This is not about "I'm a better fan than you are" but I seriously can't comprehend how someone can keep following a person, after so many years of figuring out that you no longer like what she does. Like, she didn't start posting this kind of posts last month, it's been literally years already. What else are y'all waiting for? What else do you need, what sign do you need to realize you're not longer thrilled by whatever her current situation is right now? If for whatever reason I found myself in your situation, after one year, two years, three, I would just step back, for my own sanity, keep the good memories of what made me a fan of hers, and just wait in the distance until she releases something again, if she ever does. Like, trust me, you're totally gonna hear the news whenever she drops or announces anything, like there' no way you're gonna miss out if that ever happens. Why waste your energy on something that you're only gonna be criticizing, that you don't have anything good to say about, that will make you feel bad?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Hamelia said:

Britney doesn't need to fulfill your wishes. You don't own her. She may be doing all these things you require of her, a person you don't know personally, but she chooses not to show them to you. It's best for you to head off to watch the IG of some other active performer. You can still enjoy her music without patronizing her as a person. That was her family's job and her father's cohorts.

I don’t think I patronize her, I think “fans” who expect the absolute least from her and defend her when she delivers that are patronizing her. 

3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

you stop "defending" her when you stop being a fan :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I think many of you have a very different concept of what a fan is. You can admire something or someone you think it's good or nice according to your standards. But search on any dictionary and the word fanatic will include adjectives such as "exaggerated", "excessive", "intense", "obsessive" meaning it implies an enthusiasm that goes beyond any reason or objectivity. An obsession that goes beyond the simple admiration you have for something that is understandably good.

You're fan of an artist that may not be the greatest singer or the greatest performer, but in your eyes there's no one better than her or him. You're blinded to their defects or you may even find them cute/appealing rather than seeing them as flaws.

The moment you start questioning and criticizing and not sympathizing with anything that said artist puts out or does, the moment you start seeing flaws in them, I'm afraid that's the moment you stop being a fan. You've reached your limits of how far or how intense you can love someone beyond reason, beyond objectiveness. Your love and admiration have stopped being unconditional, now you've figured out you only like that artist when and IF they meet your standards and expectations, within what's rational to you. You've become part of the "general public" for that artist.

And it's ok. I "admire" other artists too, like, idk, Gaga, ONLY when her songs or performances seem appealing to me, but there's tons of songs, albums, performances, outfits, just things she does or say, things about her personality that I don't like, that I may even find distasteful or ridiculous, and so, just because I like 10 or more songs by her, I would never call myself a "fan" of Gaga. I just like her when and if it meets my standards and taste.

In Britney's case and what you're talking about, do I think her IG posts are up to the standards of idk, the Oops music video? No. But does it make me uncomfortable, uneasy, embarrassed, concerned, bored, disappointed? Absolutely not. I unironically enjoy her posts and it makes me happy whenever there's something new. Any kind of content from her is enough to please me. I would say the closest I was to stop being her fan was when she released Blackout, since it was so different than anything she had put out before. But even that I still liked it, and kept holding on, and I've survived all the subsequent eras, from FFney, to the POM wigs, the whole FreeBritney and up to this day. I don't know what she could possibly do or put out to make me stop being a fan, other than committing a terrible crime or idk. And maybe even so the fan in me would find any excuse to justify her or prove it's false.

This is not about "I'm a better fan than you are" but I seriously can't comprehend how someone can keep following a person, after so many years of figuring out that you no longer like what she does. Like, she didn't start posting this kind of posts last month, it's been literally years already. What else are y'all waiting for? What else do you need, what sign do you need to realize you're not longer thrilled by whatever her current situation is right now? If for whatever reason I found myself in your situation, after one year, two years, three, I would just step back, for my own sanity, keep the good memories of what made me a fan of hers, and just wait in the distance until she releases something again, if she ever does. Like, trust me, you're totally gonna hear the news whenever she drops or announces anything, like there' no way you're gonna miss out if that ever happens. Why waste your energy on something that you're only gonna be criticizing, that you don't have anything good to say about, that will make you feel bad?

Like I said… Blind allegiance. It’s ok to want people to be well.

27 minutes ago, Bingjmljr said:

If you had a family member with mental illness would you just applaud their behavior? It’s ok to speak honestly about a situation without being cruel. I don’t think pretending something is ok makes it ok.

Who’s applauding her? 

• Like 3

I don't expect nothing from her as an artist anymore. She clearly done with it and keeps saying for years she is done... her team and label are pushing her career at this point, Britney herself just doesn't want anything to do with it (apparently).

About the other fans...most of them are blatantly lying about "loving the instagram Britney", they have no other choice... I feel a little bad for some of them because it must be hard to pretend...

I choose not to lie, I don't have a contract to like her content or whatever.

I suggest you to take a time off because I don't think the bizarre content will end anytime soon. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Here’s the thing.  Do I love or agree with what she posts? Nope, not all the time… however, I enjoy keeping up with her as a person because I grew up loving her in my teenage years going into my mid 20’s/mid 30’s.  Do I love all of her posts? No, but it is nice to see her still out there after what she has been through.  I just feel like I come here and follow news of her because I genuinely care about her as a person. If you don’t agree with what she is posting, more power to you.  But I don’t see why anyone would have the need to say, on her own fansite, anything negative.  If you’ve gotten to the point of just caring about her social media, maybe move on.  None of us would be on this website if it wasn’t for her.  Her streams keep growing, but so do the hateful threads.  Makes you think she might be doing something right ….

• Love 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block