When Do “Fans” Stop Defending Her…

I love Britney’s music, I also loved everything she offered us when she was a working artist but I’ve never been a fan of her personal life or her personal decisions.
I think she’s never had anyone in her corner to lead her into adulthood and then striping her of any chance by isolating and locking her up for 20 years… She’s gone and she’s not coming back from that because she’s so terrified and angry.
I wish her all the best but I don’t think a majority of people are applauding her behavior online. It’s just a small group of people here. I’ve never met anyone in person who thinks what she shares is “normal” and I don’t attempt to argue it.

shes free and living her life on her terms and there’s nothing we can do to change or fix it. She’s a retired aging artist, she will never dance or perform, her body isn’t what it was, who’s is? I’m almost 40 and man everything hurts! Lmao I can’t expect Britney to be some super human. Time catches up to all of us. 

at least she bowed out before she got like Madonna. 

Edited by Derrick
  • Like 6

It is her choice, that is all that matters. In a decade where people glorify online prostitution with Onlyfans, I think her dancing half naked is nothing lol. I dont follow her on Instagram though, as it is simply the same post in different clothes since 2021 or so. :typing_keyboard_computer:

Edited by Dama Etro
  • Love 2
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, j4j05 said:

Unfortunately, it is what it is.

Who would have thought it would come down to this where lowering her pants is what she has to offer to the world? She’s so much more than that, but maybe she doesn’t see it.

You say that like Britney hasn't been provocative and half naked for most of her career. It's now somehow different because she's not on stage or in a music video?

• Love 4
  • Like 1
On 4/22/2024 at 12:40 AM, Bingjmljr said:

I agree with you. My intention isn’t to criticize, I just feel as people in the Britney community we aren’t doing her any favors by pretending her posts are anything to be applauded. 

It's a waste of time to criticize someone for dancing the same way on IG that they did in Vegas. The only difference is that her dad isn't micromanaging her life decisions. 

She isn't a politician and she holds no power. What country do you live in? Is your government perfect? Hell, is your life perfect? Focus on things you can change instead of trying to rip Britney apart just for the sake of criticizing her. 

Edited by blackingouthenegativity
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, ChaosMoogle said:

Wtf is this thread even. Y'all act like she's doing something problematic and NEEDS defending. She's not fighting people, being racist, killing people, like, what defense does she need?

She's at home, doing whatever she wants, not harming anyone. You can dislike what she posts but it doesn't need "defending". Personally, I love her instagram, it's the MOST unique and it's very entertaining. Everyone else posts the same crap and just follow everyone else's trends. It's an echo chamber of brain dead influencers.

At least Britney is exciting and controversial, it makes it more fun. She makes the platform more fun. With EVERYONE ELSE on insta, you know what they're going to post tomorrow. With Britney, you literally have to wonder, "what will she post next". So exciting, the literal opposite of mundane.

If you don't like it or don't want to be a fan, don't, but she needs no defense.

So beyond tired of posts like these that aim to tear her down under the guise of 'concern trolling'. All she's doing is minding her business, being weird and eccentric at home, and learning how to figure out her new found freedom. 

• Love 6
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Bumandchips said:

You say that like Britney hasn't been provocative and half naked for most of her career. It's now somehow different because she's not on stage or in a music video?

She has never lowered her bottoms like that while performing. She may have worn provocative outfits but it was always tastefully done, even when she was half naked. It was part of the art. It was never just lowering her bottoms to the point where her private area is nearly exposed. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

There's nothing to defend because she's literally doing nothing wrong? The real question should be when do "fans" stop following her on Instagram and just let her be already? She doesn't want to return to showbiz, she's clearly been learning how to navigate/adjusting to her newfound freedom and trying to enjoy/live her best life as she should and deserves, that is all.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

At the end of the day it’s just instagram, we don’t know anything about her day to day

I see her social as something completely different from everyone else’s boring curated content, I mean yeah it’s the same old same but this is what she wants to do

to everyone calling her trashy and unkept or whatever, let’s be real Britney has never been the fashionable one and a quick Google search will remind you of just that 

• Like 3

Let her be. Having mental issues myself and having been through FAR less than what she went through I can completely understand the way she is now. She’s just screaming “F* the world” with everything she posts and to her it might feel so liberating.

Btw her hair and face look great in that video, she might be feeling good.

Edited by diiihazevedo
  • Love 1

Do I think it’s tacky? Yes lol 

I only defend when ppl say things like “Free Britney didn’t mean this” or “Her dad was right” - those things make me so mad because so many ppl and celebs post provocative crap yet they are never talked about like Britney. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block