Rihanna's best era?

What's Rihanna's best era...  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, BadBunny said:

Unapologetic is her best era but the bottoms are afraid to admit that. She looked her absolute best and sounded the most confident she had ever did. IMO, that era was when she truly grew into her own skin. Globally, she was the most massive she ever was and became THE definitive it girl.

Just look at the material:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Unapologetic has a lot of good songs and is an amazing era, but I feel like the second half of the album is kinda forgettable. The first half is godly as expected from Rihanna though!

4 minutes ago, FFBetterThanBlackout said:

Unapologetic has a lot of good songs and is an amazing era, but I feel like the second half of the album is kinda forgettable. The first half is godly as expected from Rihanna though!

This thread is asking what her best era is, not what her best album is. Objectively, her best album is ANTI.

11 minutes ago, BadBunny said:

This thread is asking what her best era is, not what her best album is. Objectively, her best album is ANTI.

I thought it was best album so that's why I voted Loud help :clownery_makeup_meme:

Best era is probably GGGB because that's when Umbrella/Don't Stop The Music/Disturbia happened... it's like a second Blackout and even has Blackout rejects in it! RiRi does not disappoint :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

Also imo Anti is not one of my favorites from Rihanna it's enjoyable but it doesn't do it for me compared to her more energetic works

Edited by FFBetterThanBlackout
  • Like 1

Loud and Talk That Talk were released during my college years and remind me of a time when there were no cares in the world. There was also nothing like going to the gay club and hearing “We Found Love” on the dance floor… the way that song coursed through my veins. Holy ****. 

I voted for Anti though because of how confident and experimental she was. As an artist, she was really coming into her own. The songs were timeless and didn’t have that commercial pop sound that dates itself.

• Love 3
On 4/14/2024 at 10:14 PM, Ehju0901 said:

I voted for “Loud,” but it was a toss up between that and “Good Girl Gone Bad.”

”Umbrella” SAVED her career.  Rihanna was kind of a joke at that point and that song changed the trajectory of her career.  I remember a lot of people being shocked she wasn’t dropped from her record label after “A Girl Like Me” underperformed.

“SOS” went to #1 and “unfaithful” + “Break it off” were both top ten hits, the only single that never took off from that album was “we ride” I remember the album being a hit, not as massive as her following eras but good for a still relatively new artist at the time 

11 hours ago, SJK said:

“SOS” went to #1 and “unfaithful” + “Break it off” were both top ten hits, the only single that never took off from that album was “we ride” I remember the album being a hit, not as massive as her following eras but good for a still relatively new artist at the time 

We Ride is still one of my favorite 

It should have made it in the mainstream top 40 at 15, top 7 of the hot 100 and top 2 of the r&b/hip-hop charts

29 minutes ago, RC2 said:

We Ride is still one of my favorite 

It should have made it in the mainstream top 40 at 15, top 7 of the hot 100 and top 2 of the r&b/hip-hop charts

Oh I agree. It’s one of my favorite songs of hers

• Love 1
On 4/16/2024 at 11:26 AM, SJK said:

“SOS” and “Unfaithful” were HUGE hits.  I still don’t agree that that translated over to album sales.  For how much those songs were played, her album sales should have been much higher.

Rihanna was considered a singles artist during her first two eras, but this is when album sales still mattered.

1 hour ago, Ehju0901 said:

“SOS” and “Unfaithful” were HUGE hits.  I still don’t agree that that translated over to album sales.  For how much those songs were played, her album sales should have been much higher.

Rihanna was considered a singles artist during her first two eras, but this is when album sales still mattered.

I literally said not as “massive” as her following eras. We can agree to disagree 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block