Do you think 'Blonde' is a good movie?

Have you watched it? Is it really unwatchable and super demoralizing/objectifying back Marilyn Monroe's image?

I have watched it back when it was released and since then I feel unconfortable watching it...

Edited by Fita
  • Like 2

It makes me worry what the industry will do with Britney’s story when she’s long passed away. Marilyn has been gone for over 60 years and this film isn’t even factually true. Shes not here to defend herself and she doesn’t even have family to speak out against this fictional film. She didn’t have the best of lives but this film felt cruel. 

I will say I’ve been a big Marilyn fan my whole life and Ana and Michelle resembles her essence well enough (although Ana’s accent came in and out at times). Some other actresses who have played her in the past were sooo not the look. 
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Love 2

The actress was good. Storyline not so much. Even though we know it’s not all based on a true story I feel like it depicted Marilyn as if she was some kind of prosititute who slept with everybody to get her way.

Marilyn used her se*xuality in a way to have power and control. Not the other way around as a victim. 

There was so much more to her. I’d wish we could see more about her mental well being instead of her body. She was a smart lady, that’s for sure.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, BlackoutITZ said:

No, it was disrespectful and gross, and I really don't like how they marketed the movie as a biopic on Marilyn when it's literally based on a fictionalised book about her.

agree - they portrayed as a helpless mindless human being... she was a smart talented woman who had the IT factor. 

Go to IMDB and check her quotes out - nothing like that was seen in this disgusting movie.

Exhalers, if you are looking for a good Marilyn biopic, you should check The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe

• Love 1

The movie left me depressed for about two days. It gave me a really bad aftertaste. That being said, Ana de Armas did an incredible job portraying such a complex character, and the cinematography was beautiful. Fortunately, it’s based on a novel, because I’d like to believe that Marilyn’s life, though clearly full of struggles and pain, was a bit happier than that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Crabo Lavender Turmeric said:

agree - they portrayed as a helpless mindless human being... she was a smart talented woman who had the IT factor. 

Go to IMDB and check her quotes out - nothing like that was seen in this disgusting movie.

Exhalers, if you are looking for a good Marilyn biopic, you should check The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe

I'm following your suggestion and watching it now.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block