Have you come to terms with the reality that Britney won't be making a comeback?

Have you come to terms with the reality that Britney won't be making a comeback?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just to be clear, you can respect her decision to retire and still feel regretful that she won't come back. These things are not mutually exclusive. So, be honest, are you at peace with the fact that she's not going to come back, or do you struggle to accept it?

caxsbawbie-1768939223518724293.gif

I mean, it's obviously not that serious, but personally, I struggled to fully accept it because I was really hoping for new music from her. I respected her decision, but I didn't really understand it. But now I think I do, and I understand why she doesn't want to go back to the music industry. Honestly, I don't really care anymore, I became a fan in like 2020, so it's been four years by now. I can't believe most of you have been waiting way longer. I don't even listen to this type of music anymore, and I have bigger problems than Britney not returning to music. I honestly check Exhale only out of habit, but definitely less than before because, let's be real, it's boring to read and talk about the same topic over and over, and it's not like these discussions lead to anything

But like, duh, it doesn't mean that if she suddenly released a new song or album, I wouldn't listen to it. Acceptance doesn't mean resignation, it means acknowledging reality as it is without judgment

Revelación

I see all these threads on Exhale about her supposed comeback, especially from one person, who keeps posting false information from Twitter, like, MOVE ON, there's not going to be a Britney Spears comeback, you stupid *****

caxsbawbie-1768939223518724293.gifcaxsbawbie-1768939223518724293.gifcaxsbawbie-1768939223518724293.gif

• Love 7

Yes. im 30 now first time i heard her was at 11 i believe. ive watched anything and everything on her career. thanks to youtube. shes def a icon and blueprint for artists like taylor,selena,miley etc. britney worked hard since childhood put out amazing videos,songs and stage performances but even she said by 2004 with in the zone era it wasnt fun for her no more all that touring for years not getting a break. she also was talked about neg by press and public on everything she did. not just the conservatorship but could be just the world opinon of her being in the industry took her joy away. yes it be great to get new music but she said shes retired her dad/management took the passion away. it sucks because shes one of the best/only great performers of early 2000s. 

• Like 3

I respect her decision but at the same time it doesn’t feel like it’s totally over.

I believe she stopped because it became only a job at some point and there was no joy or fun anymore, and the abuse obviously traumatized her.
But if she manages to make it fun and different for her, she’s still a creative soul she can come back in some sort of way. 

• Love 3

Kinda. I’m slowly accepting the fact she wants nothing to do with the industry and I understand why. HOWEVER… a delusional part of me still doesn’t think it’s quite over. Idk. Britney says in her book that she’s focusing on finding herself before thinking of her career… I still think she might change her mind on it when she’s deeper in her healing process and/or things start advancing in court. I don’t think she’s gonna retire without putting an end to her musical career exactly the way SHE wants to. I could see her releasing a new album and maybe (???) doing a new tour/residency in the future to reclaim her creativity once and for all and to not let her art die with cship projects like Glory and the Piece Of Me tour where she wasn’t showcasing her full potential cause everyone was holding her down.

I think her next musical project would definitely be her last tho 😭

• Love 1
6 hours ago, No Seas Cortes said:

Just to be clear, you can respect her decision to retire and still feel regretful that she won't come back. These things are not mutually exclusive. So, be honest, are you at peace with the fact that she's not going to come back, or do you struggle to accept it?

I mean, it's obviously not that serious, but personally, I struggled to fully accept it because I was really hoping for new music from her. I respected her decision, but I didn't really understand it. But now I think I do, and I understand why she doesn't want to go back to the music industry. Honestly, I don't really care anymore, I became a fan in like 2020, so it's been four years by now. I can't believe most of you have been waiting way longer. I don't even listen to this type of music anymore, and I have bigger problems than Britney not returning to music. I honestly check Exhale only out of habit, but definitely less than before because, let's be real, it's boring to read and talk about the same topic over and over, and it's not like these discussions lead to anything

But like, duh, it doesn't mean that if she suddenly released a new song or album, I wouldn't listen to it. Acceptance doesn't mean resignation, it means acknowledging reality as it is without judgment

Reveal hidden contents

I see all these threads on Exhale about her supposed comeback, especially from one person, who keeps posting false information from Twitter, like, MOVE ON, there's not going to be a Britney Spears comeback, you stupid *****

caxsbawbie-1768939223518724293.gifcaxsbawbie-1768939223518724293.gifcaxsbawbie-1768939223518724293.gif

Yes!!! That was perfect! I think she’ll surprise us but if not I’m happy for her regardless. I’d actually would love maybe like a slow rollout out of unreleased material. 

Let Britney live.  I will be fine if she does not release any music.  She has a great body of work that can be appreciated for years to come and in that body of work a number of gems only fans know about that maybe with the right fan movement can be shared so others can listen to them.  We know of so many missed opportunity songs, so how about them getting some love to be appreciated by the general public.

I would love for Britney to ditch social media and move away from Hollywood and live a quiet, peaceful life elsewhere.  Every once in awhile she can pop up and say Hi, I'm doing well.  That way we know she's fine, but also respects her right to live a non-public life.  If she took a 2 year hiatus from social media and lived quietly, I would be happy for her.  Other celebs can drop off the radar after releasing new music or being in a movie, and no one is like oh no where are they????  We need to let Britney live like that.

• Love 1

I’m slowly coming to terms with it. It’s hard since I’ve been stanning this woman since I was 8, but ultimately I just want Britney to be happy. Her last Instagram post was what convinced me that she’s really just done with music and her career in general. Ever since the conservatorship ended Britney has been begging people to listen to her, and I think it’s time for fans to finally acknowledge the truth: Britney says she’s done, she’s done. 

• Like 1

Yup. Once she was done with POM and canceled domination I knew she was over it. 

I do think at some point she will return but not until all the legal **** is done with, could be years though. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

I accept her decision 100%. Would i like her to make a comeback and literally slay everything and everyone? Hell yes, a girl can wish and hope. If she decides to do it ill be extremely happy, if she doesn't, then im happy for her. 

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

Im kind of mixed tbh because there is a part of me that feels like she still has the desire to be a popstar but then I do believe she wants to live her life in retirement.

I do think that anything is possible.

However I do think if she did return to music,

it won't be like before.

She'll probably drop new music but with no promo like how she did with MYB and HMC.

I also don't think she would tour again since that seems to be a very grueling thing that singers tend to not like.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block