Better late 90s debut (era) single? Britney Spears’ Baby One More Time, Christina Aguilera’s Genie In A Bottle, Jennifer Lopez’ If You Had My Love, Jessica Simpson’s I Wanna Love You Forever, or Mandy Moore’s Candy?

1. BOMT 

2. Genie 

3. Candy 

4. If You had my love 

5. I wanna Love your forever 

my personal ranking, but I actually love them all. Including I wanna love you forever, it was a misstep for a debut song at that time. I suppose they were trying to paint Jessica like a Mariah/Celine/Whitney type… but those big ballads were in with the VH1 (older) crowd. Jessica was a teen, i think im in love probably should have been the first single. It’s really weird that IWLYF went to like #3 I think? I don’t think many ppl even remember that song. I think many ranking is also how well remembered/iconic they are 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
9 hours ago, descg said:

Even in the VMAs the category Dance Video was about Pop uptempo song or video with coreography, Dance-pop in USA was another concept that Dance in Europe (back then). Even the host says to JLo that Waiting For Tonight was really the only nominee song of that year being Dance genre:

Oh wow idk that.

Baby is just a moment in music. From the opening riffs to the key changes. It’s just music perfection. Aged beautifully. Still sounds fresh. 
Genie just wasn’t my speed. It’s a good song but I don’t really like the gimmick. I do prefer the remix on Keeps Getting Better. 
I Wanna Love You is so breathtaking. I love some Jessica Simpson. 
Candy is my not so guilty pleasure. 
If you had my love is good but her vocals don’t sound too great and I don’t think she sings the chorus either. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block