Which Britney performance killed Xtina’s career??

Posted (edited)

In your opinion, what is Britney’s last great performance? It’s sad for me to admit this, but for me it was her performance of “Toxic” at the NRJ awards in 2004. It was mesmerizing truly. Thats the last time I saw her spark and passion. That’s just televised performances though, realistically her actual best last performance was probably the last date of the Onyx Hotel.

Crazy to think it was 20 years ago!! Time flies, huh? If you’re asking me why I still stan this woman, the answer is simple: her music. Her performing abilities have declined tremendously, but her music remains exceptional, BJ excluded.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts and enjoy her last great performance below:

PS, does anyone know if there’s an HQ version of it? Can’t find anything but this on YouTube. 

Edited by Emil87
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, SlideAway said:

I was going to post this as being a great performance, but it's not as great as I remembered it to be.

:slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

All I see is stiff armography. “Toxic” was great but that lasted 10 seconds. I get why she might have been nervous though, it was her first televised performance in years. She did good, but nothing like her prime.

In all fairness, we all know why her performances were lacking during the conservatorship, she said herself she wasn barely trying.

Anyway, I expect this thread to flop since I didn’t mention Xtina or tabloid rumors. 🙄 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, SlideAway said:

"Criminal housekeeper Preventing Britney from doing this again!" as a title would have certainly got you a hit, or, "Which Britney performance killed Christina's Career?".

:awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

Noted and updated title, you evil genius. 😈 

• Love 1
  • Haha 7
35 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

All I see is stiff armography. “Toxic” was great but that lasted 10 seconds. I get why she might have been nervous though, it was her first televised performance in years. She did good, but nothing like her prime.

In all fairness, we all know why her performances were lacking during the conservatorship, she said herself she wasn barely trying.

Anyway, I expect this thread to flop since I didn’t mention Xtina or tabloid rumors. 🙄 

The fact that you rely on xtina to make a successful thread in the *** **** Britney section, speaks volumes about her relevancy in this forum 😂😂. You mention her constantly…. Are you obsessed with the woman or something. You constantly speak about her relevancy, but ironically enough seem to have no problem constantly making her relevant here.  It’s kind of sad behaviour for a 30 something year old man….Holding on to a supposed 20+ year old feud, that has nothing to do with you personally. And btw as for xtinas career being killed off by a Britney performance, xtina had plenty of success in 06-08, which was post Britney’s prime. So maybe you should just go ahead and rename the thread, for your own sake.  

Anyway…. I remember really liking her bbma performance from 2016 and still do, definitely her best televised performance since her prime. The whole of 2016 felt like such a rejuvenation…. Sadly I was naive enough to believe, it would only get better. 

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

The fact that you rely on xtina to make a successful thread in the *** **** Britney section, speaks volumes about her relevancy in this forum 😂😂. You mention her constantly…. Are you obsessed with the woman or something. You constantly speak about her relevancy, but ironically enough seem to have no problem constantly making her relevant here.  It’s kind of sad behaviour for a 30 something year old man….Holding on to a supposed 20+ year old feud, that has nothing to do with you personally. And btw as for xtinas career being killed off by a Britney performance, xtina had plenty of success in 06-08, which was post Britney’s prime. So maybe you should just go ahead and rename the thread, for your own sake.  

Anyway…. I remember really liking her bbma performance from 2016 and still do, definitely her best televised performance since her prime. The whole of 2016 felt like such a rejuvenation…. Sadly I was naive enough to believe, it would only get better. 

Jesus Christ, for someone with such a huge head, you sure are dense. The title is supposed be ironic. Obviously that went over your big head.

• Haha 3
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

Jesus Christ, for someone with such a huge head, you sure are dense. The title is supposed be ironic. Obviously that went over your big head.

Actually I have anything but a big head, but go off. The only thing ironic is your obsession with xtina…. You could have just named it, what’s your favourite Britney performance. But you can’t seem to go a day without mentioning xtina, who you “ironically” feel is so irrelevant. She sure seems to be relevant in your head, living rent free.  

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

Actually I have anything but a big head, but go off. The only thing ironic is your obsession with xtina…. You could have just named it, what’s your favourite Britney performance. But you can’t seem to go a day without mentioning xtina, who you “ironically” feel is so irrelevant. She sure seems to be relevant in your head, living rent free.  

spacer.png

ok, whatever you say..

Spoiler

Big head

• Haha 4
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, FullCircle said:

This is the performance that killed Christina's career. Britney was breathtaking here. After this performance, the whole industry knew who the real artist was. 

This was lovely and deserves its own thread! Only thing I wished is that she prerecorded BOMT vocals, she got ragged on for lipsynching even though she sang the first song 100% live.

• Love 2
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Spoiler

work is sung live tho, and she was actually singing along with playback for Toxic

my fav performance is OIDIA or BOMT from the DWAD (Las Vegas)

Edited by PolySpears
  • Love 2