Better late 90s debut (era) single? Britney Spears’ Baby One More Time, Christina Aguilera’s Genie In A Bottle, Jennifer Lopez’ If You Had My Love, Jessica Simpson’s I Wanna Love You Forever, or Mandy Moore’s Candy?

1 minute ago, Oliver_ said:

I didn't know Britney has over 900 million views and Xtina has only 200 million :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:
Thanks for sharing :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Quality /= quantity. If You Had My Love has the best video amongst the ones listed but GIAB is the overall better song.

Thanks for sharing :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Edited by BadBunny
  • Haha 2
Just now, Emil87 said:

Genie in a bottle? Quality?? It’s a teeny bop song that nobody remembers. Poor her.

And stop trying to insert Xtina into every thread you make, it’s pathetic. She hasn’t been part of the conversation since 2002. Get over it.

Genie has excellent and intricate production though. If anything, Mandy had the most basic debut single which was a clear Britney knock-off.

Hasn’t been a part of the conversation yet anytime her and Beyoncé are mentioned, half of this forum has an aneurysm. Funny how that works.

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, Emil87 said:

I never once called Xtina fat. That was all you. What kind of fan are you, calling your own fav fat?!

You literally of a history of bodyshaming women with your outdated and tacky 2000s boomer-humor. Then again, I’m not surprised considering this forum used to refer to Beyoncé as an ape.

Stay classy, Britney fans.

Just now, BadBunny said:

Genie has excellent and intricate production though. If anything, Mandy had the most basic debut single which was a clear Britney knock-off.

Hasn’t been a part of the conversation yet anytime her and Beyoncé are mentioned, half of this forum has an aneurysm. Funny how that works.

Face the facts, Genie as a song is as basic and bland as Xtina without makeup. spacer.png

She’s unrecognizable!!

• Haha 6
20 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

Face the facts, Genie as a song is as basic and bland as Xtina without makeup. spacer.png

She’s unrecognizable!!

You really want to stoop that low and post bad pictures of Christina because I can do the same for Britney so consider this a warning. Thank you for proving mine and everyone else’s point that Britney fans are the problem and have had a history of being misogynistic, hypocritical (and sometimes even racist) towards other powerful women that aren’t their fave. You’re old and disgusting.

Edited by BadBunny
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Emil87 said:

You should thank me for not letting your thread flop into oblivion, like every single album of Xtina’s since Stripped. You and your fav are certified FLOPS. Deal. 

Didn’t you just say you were done giving me attention or energy? 🤡 Much like your fave, you seem unstable, spread lies and seem to enjoy being a bully towards other women. Meanwhile, Christina and I remain unbothered but thanks for your concern. 

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, jordeezy river red said:

Ngl, I stanned IWLYF by Jess harder than I did BOMT back at release. In 1998...I was still clinging to the Spice Girls. I didn't become a true Britney stan til YDMCrazy

Thank you for actually responding and staying on topic unlike the other trolls. BOMT has always been my favorite but these days, it doesn’t do anything for me anymore. The chord progression is nice but the instrumentation is rather basic. It’s no different than what Max Martin was creating for BSB. I love the production on JLo’s song but her vocals kinda ruin it for me. I think it was produced by Darkchild so that explains it. GIAB is just the perfect package. The production and vocals feel more slick and smooth. It’s aged rather well.

Edited by BadBunny
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block