Tate Mcrae brings the Britney print even closer with new performance

summer2summer

2 hours ago, ImASlave4Brit said:

The comparison is unfair because Tate won't be remembered after 20 years. She's a product of her time. She is just another tiktok girl. There's nothing remotely iconic or original about her. Her target audience is teens who want to feel like baddies or whatever

And this is your opinion (and frankly a lot similar to the ones my parents had about Britney back in the late 90s). But not a fact. 

We'll have to wait 20 years and see. In the meantime she's got you talking about her for better or for worse!

Edited by ElToxico
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, OneTrackMind said:

Wait, all that fuss and she didn't have a number 1 song?? Let alone Top 10?
Billie was even more succesful and all she did was to whisper and wear ugly baggy clothes :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:

And where is Billie now? I don’t see her on any charts. Let’s be serious you can’t even compare the two. 

Mmmhh no.

Listen, I'm pretty much responsible for at least half the YT views for Greedy and Exes, this girl gotme HOOKED with those two incredible bops and videos, BUTTTTTTTTT....... Apart from the elegant, full of energy, tasteful, youthful and beautiful Billboard performance, her performances overall are just not it. I'll explain. SIT DOWN.
What is she doing singing live? And WHY. These are bops, meant to dance your butt off and give looks. She's not Adele. Do you guys really care if she sings live or not? She doesn't really have to. Almost all her discography previous to the two Think Later singles are ballads or slow jams a la Billie Eilish, she can sit down on a stool with a live mic at some point of her shows for those, but why is she attempting to sing live for two dance songs that require nothing but give her all and have fun on stage? Also, do her fans really care about that?
People have always talked shiz about Britney not singing live but I could never understand that, she's not a live singing act,  she's a performer who dances like no one and gives looks, period. According to what Tate herself is showing in her last two videos, I think she should do the same.

Having said all that..... Who is THIS Tate? She's NOTHING like the artist she used to be. I know people change, especially artists and her having started so young, but she gave a 180° turn. Maybe that could explain why she keeps holding that mic and singing live when she should be dancing instead. She either wants to merge both (WEIRD), or she and her team still can't figure her out.

Edited by bitbitboi

It feels like a lot of the hate directed towards her is from bitter millennials focused on her success originating from TikTok, and I really don't get it. If she aspires to be a Britney like popstar, she HAS to be popular on social media. Back in Britney's day, we didn't have social media, the closest thing we had was ******* MTV and guess what? Britney was ALL OVER MTV. Tate isn't some pretty privilege, talent-less hack like Bella Poarch; she actually has potential.

Tate's career is way more exciting to watch than someone like Kim Petras, who is too busy gobbling Dr. Luke's **** in hope he ****s out one successful song for her. Tate is just kinda doing her own thing and getting success because guess what? She's actually giving us Britney like choreography - and unlike Britney she actually can sing live and sound decent. I do think Tate needs better songs and less technical dancing in favor of more simple, iconic choreo like Britney had - but like someone else said, she doesn't have a crew of Max Martin and Wade to make her instantly iconic.

Despite the bitter queens fuming in here, the attention this thread has gotten proves Tate is cooking and a lot of Britney fans have eyes on her. Britney isn't giving us **** tbh, so we're gonna go for the next best thing.

Edited by Toy_Soldier_93

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block