"Perfume" was released 10 years ago....

12 hours ago, Ehju0901 said:

What bar were you in that this song would be playing lol?

Anyway, I’m not a fan of this song.  It’s too signature Sia, and has 0% Britney.

Ngl retailers and bars do seem to playlist perfume for some reason. I used to hear it at the European wax center when I worked there and I’ve heard it in some other retailers 

there are many things that are contradictory to me when I think of this song. 

1. First point, the lyrics. Wasn't SIA like the best lyricist of the late 2010s? and when they have the chance to get something from her like Pretty Hurts or Diamonds or Elastic Heart or Chandelier... they get... PERFUME?

2. That being said, I do find the melody AND the vocals amazing. Has britney ever sounded this good? even in glory, she sounds more high pitched, on femme fatale she was basically a singing computer and on BJ she's not there singing, so why is perfume of all songs the one where she showcases her best vocals in the last idk 15 years?

3. Why would they never make her sing this live? she's singing on a comfortable tone, she had the whole theatre of Las Vegas for her she could've even had a very convincing backing track or backup singers, yet they decided the performance should be wearing the colorful leotard she'd dance to Boys and Scream&Shout with, while lip syncing this ballad. It was not good to look at, not good to hear at, just no sense at all. 

4. The music video was done by Joseph Kahn who would later transform Taylor Swift from a country girl with her guitar into the biggest pop star of the 2010s. That's the best he could do? I know scenes were scrapped but still the footage looks like it lacked lighting, the locations were awful, britney looks good but it's only truly showcased in scenes that last 2 seconds. 

In conclusion, a song that had a good lyricist, a good singer and performer, and a good director, ended up having bad lyrics, a bad performance and a bad music video. it's irritating. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block