Pop music is so boring

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, TakeYourHand said:

There was something in the water and air that year because it truly was an amazing year. For myself as well but Britney was totally back again and like you said Lemonade had just come out. Everything was top tier. 

Yeah I agree and i'd say 2016 was the BEST year for music in the 2010s.

Tbh 2011-2016 are my fave years of music from that decade.

I don't really like alot of the music after 2016.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

There was something in the water and air that year because it truly was an amazing year. For myself as well but Britney was totally back again and like you said Lemonade had just come out. Everything was top tier. 

You must  not been able to experience 90s and  2000-04. I think it’s about technology. Everything feels like a plastic that has been made in china. It was used to be like a breath of fresh air. Call it recession, inflation, technology… we are definitely infected by something. Nobody laugh’s genuinely anymore.

Edited by rebellion_is_the_way
  • Love 2

Ok I read all the comments… k I know there are other artist… other pop music ecc but I mean pop music was different with Britney in the game.. a trend setter.. a game changer… and so many peoples followed her step becouse she always win! And since she’s not in the music anymore I find it boring.. that’s my opinion… 

We miss you brinni

britney boo GIF by JOMPER

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KarmaComa³ said:

Ok I read all the comments… k I know there are other artist… other pop music ecc but I mean pop music was different with Britney in the game.. a trend setter.. a game changer… and so many peoples followed her step becouse she always win! And since she’s not in the music anymore I find it boring.. that’s my opinion… 

We miss you brinni

britney boo GIF by JOMPER

No one can do it like how Britney does

It really is. There's no excitement anymore. I feel like you have Taylor, but she's just not a charismatic interesting performer. And her mor pop sounding songs are so basic (shake it up LWYMMD, I did something bad (the latter two sound so basic like a good girl trying her best to show she's baaaaad.))

Beyonce could do fun pop maybe, but made a weird *** album with renaissance.

Selena has some great songs, but isn't s good performer.

Dua Lipa is doing well, and ever since her no energy scandal has stepped it up.

Tate McRae has a new song out exes. Gives BritneyxChristina in the video.

I feel like Pop stars used to be interesting, innovative PERFORMERS. We haven't had that since people like Michael, Janet, Madonna, Gaga, and Britney herself. It's all focusing on authenticity, while sacrificing moving forward in pop, and performing skills.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Crayboy said:

It really is. There's no excitement anymore. I feel like you have Taylor, but she's just not a charismatic interesting performer. And her mor pop sounding songs are so basic (shake it up LWYMMD, I did something bad (the latter two sound so basic like a good girl trying her best to show she's baaaaad.))

Beyonce could do fun pop maybe, but made a weird *** album with renaissance.

Selena has some great songs, but isn't s good performer.

Dua Lipa is doing well, and ever since her no energy scandal has stepped it up.

Tate McRae has a new song out exes. Gives BritneyxChristina in the video.

I feel like Pop stars used to be interesting, innovative PERFORMERS. We haven't had that since people like Michael, Janet, Madonna, Gaga, and Britney herself. It's all focusing on authenticity, while sacrificing moving forward in pop, and performing skills.

Renaissance was a slay...

Here’s the thing: past generations will always think their musicians are better. My father always referes Britney as “the girl with the duck voice” and even my 4 years older sister thinks Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys are better than Britney. So I know where you guys are coming from.

There are several popstars who are making good music. This generation is not about performers, but lyrics, activism and tiktok trends. Normani is a fantastic performer, but no one cared for her.

Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Harry Styles, Troye Sivan, Sam Smith, Billie Elish, Kim Petras, Lana Del Rey, Doja Cat, SZA, Phoebe Bridges, Sabrina Carpenter, Dove Cameron are doing that kind of song. Even the OGs, like Beyonce and Kylie, are making music for the new generation.

Pop Music is not for us anymore.

Edited by B In The Mix
1 minute ago, B In The Mix said:

Here’s the thing: past generations will always think their musicians is better. My father always referes Britney as “the girl with the duck voice” and even my 4 years older sister thinks Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys are better than Britney. So I know where you guys are coming from.

There are several popstars who are making good music. This generation is not about performers, but lyrics, activism and tiktok trends. Normani is a fantastic performer, but no one cared for her.

Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Harry Styles, Troye Sivan, Sam Smith, Billie Elish, Kim Petras, Lana Del Rey, Doja Cat, SZA, Phoebe Bridges, Sabrina Carpenter, Dove Cameron are doing that kind of song. Even the OGs, like Beyonce and Kylie, are making music for the new generation.

Pop Music is not for us anymore.

not the duck voice :orangu_orangutan_ape:

You forgot Charli XCX, Rina Sawayama and Tove Lo 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Slave4Godney350 said:

Thank god we have Dua, Kylie and Taylor, but it’s not the same without Brit 

This. No offende to the others but like “Pepsi is Pepsi” Britney is Britney and pop music without her is not pop music anymore… but hey at least I’m happy I lived that years… what do the 2000 get now? Tiktokers? :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

• Love 2

Pop music is all about the image these days, songs are secondary. Most new pop girls can't sing well and none of them has an distinctive voice to stand out in the crowd. If they can dance, they can't sing at all or sound like a dehydrated chipmunk. They never seem to have a big hit song at the beginning, instead they released a dozen of warm-up flop singles until they manage to get an album out. It's all a mess.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kartofelek said:

Pop music is all about the image these days, songs are secondary. Most new pop girls can't sing well and none of them has an distinctive voice to stand out in the crowd. If they can dance, they can't sing at all or sound like a dehydrated chipmunk. They never seem to have a big hit song at the beginning, instead they released a dozen of warm-up flop singles until they manage to get an album out. It's all a mess.

You sound like my dad describing Y2K pop

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block