How was the Crossroads fan event from where you’re from?

jecho

My theatre wasn’t full and the sing a long was cringe. I wish they played the original music videos with the lyrics on bottom. Would’ve loved to see not a girl and overprotected music videos on the big screen! 

I wore a Britney tshirt and got a lot of compliments. People laughed at the funny parts and cheered at the end. Just wish it was more lively and full theatre! They are playing it on Wednesday night as well but I work Wednesday evenings. curious to see how many ppl go to that one. 

My husband and I booed at jamie Lynn and we got a couple chuckles lmao 

also was so gutted my theatre didn’t have the movie poster displayed outside the theatre. I wanted a photo with it. 

Edited by MX3
5 hours ago, princessmimi said:

I just came home from seeing it and it was amazing seeing it live on the big screen.

I was 8 years old when it was released, so I didn't get the chance to see it when it came out

but I feel like this made up for it.

It was so cool cause there was a commercial for her book and the movie  had sing-a-long karaoke parts for Overprotected and INAGNYAW.

It was kinda bittersweet for me to see this movie because this was Britney at the peak of her fame and life in general

and knowing that in less than 5 years, her life would go REALLY downhill afterwards!

Also idk if its cause I sat in the seats closer to the screen but Britney's body looked more curvy and fuller.

I wonder if her a.bortion happened around the time she started filming this movie.

Regardless she still looked great and flawless!

And last thing I will say is that a lot of the bad events that happen in the movie seem like they can be related to Britney's personal life. I wonder if she got inspired by her own life and used it for the characters.

Like her relationship with her mom and her losing her baby.

Sorry for my long comment but yeah this was SO worth seeing in theaters!
I had such a great time!
I'm glad I got to see it in theaters.

Hope it comes on streaming services soon. :)

After watching it again for the first time in a few years, I felt the same way. The movie had some spooky parallels to her personal life. I know this movie was made before the Cship but it was so crazy how the dad in the movie was super controlling over Lucy in the movie. 

5 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Exactly!
I went alone and I was perfectly fine with that cause nobody in my real life is a Britney fan like me

plus all my best friends live far away and my sister and her husband were out of town.

Sometimes its healthy to do things on your own, it doesn't make you less of an adult.

I feel content and satisfied and had a wonderful night watching the movie of my fave popstar :) 

I went the movie alone too. :)  

My friends don’t care about Britney at all and would never pay $45 for this, so I also went alone. I agree that it is healthy to do some activities alone sometimes too. I used to feel weird doing things alone but I’ve done it more often as I’ve gotten older and I actually enjoy it a lot! Sometimes it’s better that way. I’m attending the Painting With A Twist event alone this week as well. 

• Love 1

The theater I went to was almost completely full. Lots of people had Britney shirts, and some dressed like her. I was surprised at how many women went to the event. I really thought it was going to 90% gay dudes and the rest girls but I think women out numbered the men. I knew we had a good audience when the countdown started and the majority of the people started counting down out loud. The film got a lot of laughs. It was funny seeing it on the big screen and in such detail. They did MiMi wrong on many occasions. She was giving current Taryn on some occasions. It was amazing seeing the film again!

Maybe like 6-8 people left after the credits but a lot stayed for the sing along. I was nervous no one would sing, but again I the crowd seemed engaged throughout the film and they didn’t disappoint. By the first chorus in Not A Girl, everyone was singing and lively. People got even more comfortable by Overprotected. Some were dancing and doing a lil choreo. Overall was the best night I’ve had in a while. It was so fun to be around that positive energy that just loved Britney and the nostalgia of it all. I’m going again for the second night tomorrow. 

Oh and I just noticed this time around:

1) I didn’t realize being pregnant was so scandalous in the early 00’s. I get maybe being in high school and people talking but Lucy’s dad saying how shocked he was that Lucy was on a roadtrip with a pregnant girl! 

2) When Lucy is crying on the bathroom floor with Ben, anyone notice that light is coming out of the tub? 

3) And Lucy was savage for hitting it and quitting it on Ben. She knows him for maybe a week, loses her virginity to him and the next day is like, I’m dipping. It’s a eff’d up but I kinda like that they flipped the usual scenario of the guy chases the girl, take her virtue and then bounces and she’s devastated. Lucy did the reverse (well obviously we know she decides to stay but in that moment when she’s packing the viewer didn’t know). I guess I was too young when I first saw it to have a grasp of what was happening. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GetEverybodyMoving said:

I don't know anyone in HK who's also a Brit fan...
I never reached out...:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Were you at the cinema yesterday?

No I am gonna watch on 25 Oct

Now you know a brit fan in HK:miley_cyrus_stare_meme: We HK fans actually have a whatsapp group where we chat about britney (in canto). do you wanna join? you can dm me.:lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

• Super Mods
11 hours ago, pieceofbritUK said:

If anything, it makes you more of an adult! 

I was gonna go with another friend that cancelled, and I was completely ready to go on my own as I wasn't gonna miss it, but a friend decided to join in

Exactly.

I would rather enjoy the movie with other strangers who are fans than people in my life who come with me but dont really care.

It ruins the experience.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
6 hours ago, PrinceAli89 said:

After watching it again for the first time in a few years, I felt the same way. The movie had some spooky parallels to her personal life. I know this movie was made before the Cship but it was so crazy how the dad in the movie was super controlling over Lucy in the movie. 

I went the movie alone too. :)  

My friends don’t care about Britney at all and would never pay $45 for this, so I also went alone. I agree that it is healthy to do some activities alone sometimes too. I used to feel weird doing things alone but I’ve done it more often as I’ve gotten older and I actually enjoy it a lot! Sometimes it’s better that way. I’m attending the Painting With A Twist event alone this week as well. 

Yeah Britney always had an unusual gift for foreshadowing her life in her art like with the songs Lucky, Mona Lisa and even Overprotected.

Same.

My sister and her husband originally wanted to go but then they went out of town at the last minute but Im glad I went alone cause they are not fans of Britney like me plus in the past, they've made fun of her.

So it was nice to see it alone.

Yeah when I was younger,

I used to feel like if I did things alone, that meant I was a loser or feel insecure but now maybe cause I'm older.

I'm ok doing things on my own.

I've learned to do things by myself if I have to although I still love the company of others.

I guess you feel different about that as you get older.

Oh that sounds nice :) 

Is that an art show you're going to?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, PrinceAli89 said:

I attended the event in Houston tonight and it was a blast!!! We got the book and a full size 3.3 bottle of Curious! The fans that attended seemed to be really into it and we were all singing and dancing the whole time. The audience applauded when she performed I Love Rock N Roll and Not A Girl in the movie. We all sung along at the end too! Overall super fun event, better than I expected it to be. :) 

People clapped in Clapham at that scene, and laughed at the poem and other corny scenes hahaha, I love how we all behave the same way all over the world :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, pieceofbritUK said:

People clapped in Clapham at that scene, and laughed at the poem and other corny scenes hahaha, I love how we all behave the same way all over the world :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Omg I love that! I’m glad most events went well for people. :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

Also, I forgot how hilarious Zoe Saldaña is in this movie, she had me laughing out loud a lot in the movie! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah Britney always had an unusual gift for foreshadowing her life in her art like with the songs Lucky, Mona Lisa and even Overprotected.

Same.

My sister and her husband originally wanted to go but then they went out of town at the last minute but Im glad I went alone cause they are not fans of Britney like me plus in the past, they've made fun of her.

So it was nice to see it alone.

Yeah when I was younger,

I used to feel like if I did things alone, that meant I was a loser or feel insecure but now maybe cause I'm older.

I'm ok doing things on my own.

I've learned to do things by myself if I have to although I still love the company of others.

I guess you feel different about that as you get older.

Oh that sounds nice :) 

Is that an art show you're going to?

I have always felt the same way about the alone thing, but now i go out wearing my Britney shirt and perfume loud and proud! What I have learned in life is that most people either admire the confidence to be yourself or they get jealous of it. So i just don’t think or care what other people think and just do what makes me happy now! :) Glad we both feel the same about that!

So the “Painting With A Twist” event is actually an event in collaboration with Gallery Books to promote The Woman In Me book. They are having events all over the country for it. I’ve never done it before but my sister described it as “painting for beginners” sort of workshop and class. They also allow you to drink alcohol while you paint for more fun! I’m really excited for it! :jumpney_britney_green_excited_yay:

14 hours ago, (You Drive Chris) Crazy said:

Just got back a bit ago from seeing it in Seattle, just one of the regular showings but it was such a great time and the theater was vibing with eachother and we LAUGHED and many of the girl groups that had come together for girls night out stayed for the song alongs haha theater crowd was probably half sold at my showing but I know the book screening for Seattle was almost sold out when I last checked today! 

Also we all could not stop laughing when Dan Akroyd shouts that line at Lucy in the hospital “and with a PREGNANT GIRL?!” like that took the entire theater OUT it was just so shocking lol 

I went to the LA show, too!  It was so cool that the producer and director came to introduce the film, and the vibe was so good.  Everyone was in high spirits, and reacted to the important and funny scenes.  I left during the sing-along because I was anxious they’d run out of books, so I missed the q&a and perfume!  From all of Taryn’s (choice) postings, I was expecting to see her there… would’ve made for an interesting experience.  🙃

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block