2023 MTV EMAs cancelled

Cqleb

• Content Curators

The MTV Europe Music Awards have been cancelled due to security fears and 'the state of the world' amid the war between Israel and Hamas.

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, MikeHunt said:

Genuinely wondering. Are the EMAs a big thing in Europe? They play it here in the states but it’s never celebrated the way the VMAs are here. 

VMA’s are bigger than EMA’s here too (UK)

Also, not to point fingers, but I’d argue that the UK/France/Germany are safer countries than the US right now when it comes to terror attacks so the EMA’s being cancelled because of that seems like an excuse for another reason to be honest :jtum_justin_timberlake_surprised_wow_um_blink_eyebrows_shocked:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Genuinely wondering. Are the EMAs a big thing in Europe? They play it here in the states but it’s never celebrated the way the VMAs are here. 

I’d say no. Maybe back in the 90s when it started and up into the early 2000s but it’s a pretty irrelevant awards show nowadays. The performer lineup they had confirmed prior to cancellation was very weak. 

• Super Mods
5 hours ago, Isla said:

Doesn’t make sense to me. It’s not like they cancelled in previous years despite 9/11, the Iraq war, the conflict in Syria, and more recently, the Covid pandemic and the Ukraine-Russia war… 

I think they probably cancelled it due to low ratings and just blamed it on what has happened recently between Hamas and Israel. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

VMA’s are bigger than EMA’s here too (UK)

Also, not to point fingers, but I’d argue that the UK/France/Germany are safer countries than the US right now when it comes to terror attacks so the EMA’s being cancelled because of that seems like an excuse for another reason to be honest :jtum_justin_timberlake_surprised_wow_um_blink_eyebrows_shocked:

Wasn’t several europeans kills few days ago in Belgium?

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block