2023 MTV EMAs cancelled

Cqleb

Lately a lot of big tourist places have been evacuated because of bomb threads in Paris. Just days ago two Swedish football fans were killed in Antwerp during a Sweden-Belgium football match. And just days ago a teacher was stabbed to death in France. Organizing a massive award show with high profile celebrities attending is a huge, huge target and safety headache. I get why they canceled it. Paris still vividly remembers the Charlie Hebdo and Bataclan terrorist attacks only years ago. They don’t want a repeat of that.

Edited by mhally
  • Like 4
19 minutes ago, breathe_on_me_toxic said:

2! thats like a quarter of schoolshooting victims each day in the us

I suppose we do take shootings a bit more serious over here in Europe :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm: It’s wild to me that gun violence is so normalized in the US.

Edited by mhally
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, Isla said:

Honestly I wanted to say that too but was worried I’d get backlash. 

I understand.

Yeah honestly nowadays award shows are dying, 

they are no longer relevant like they used to be back then even in the 2010s.

I have a feeling that in the future if there are more award shows,

that there gonna be on a streaming service or live streamed on Youtube and not on TV anymore.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, breathe_on_me_toxic said:

no because of a terroristgroup group called hamas

Listen, you regurgitating what the media indoctrinated you to repeat instead of knowing something called consistent apartheid and xenophobia disguised as "defending a just cause" tells me enough. You can continue defending what Piers Morgan and the BBC vomit on you to swallow, not my issue to change nor will I fight on a britney board to change your mind about a bunch of racists. I still know people (unfortunately) who believe in white supremacy and crepe like that, so go ahead, defend your beliefs wherever you want. Have  a  great day. 

Edited by Bigno
On 10/19/2023 at 9:33 PM, TTrouble said:

Call it what it is. The threath of Islamic terrorism is on the rise in Europe. 

Reported :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: and what about the the American and Israeli  terrorism in Palestine:tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: hundreds of innocent children and women were brutally killed 

Edited by Paul86
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Paul86 said:

Reported :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: and what about the the American and Israeli  terrorism in Palestine:tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: hundreds of innocent children and women were brutally killed 

Reported for what? The US has warned it's citizens abroad and France is on it's highest alert for terrorist attacks :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:  Nothing new under the sun I quess.

You can read more here

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Even before the war in Gaza, authorities have been warning of rise in Islamist terrorism on...

Edited by TTrouble
On 10/20/2023 at 9:26 AM, princessmimi said:

I think they probably cancelled it due to low ratings and just blamed it on what has happened recently between Hamas and Israel. 

There were 2 terror attacks this week in France and Belgium.

France is on high alert for terrorist threat.

That's why every big event is being cancelled.

I would not be too optimistic for the Celebration Tour as well tbh.

• Super Mods
9 hours ago, ydmc said:

There were 2 terror attacks this week in France and Belgium.

France is on high alert for terrorist threat.

That's why every big event is being cancelled.

I would not be too optimistic for the Celebration Tour as well tbh.

Oh wow idk that.

That's horrible. :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

I hope things get better eventually over there.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block