Actress Michelle Williams narrating Britney's new book 'The Woman In Me': "I stand with Britney"

Cqleb

It's about time a mainstream Hollywood figure stepped up to support Britney, not just for her comment, but actually lend her talents to Britney's book.  The court process is bound to be slow as molasses, but there's no reason Lou Taylor shouldn't be washed up already, if her clientele would show some collective backbone and dump her. Even if they're worried about legalities, they should have started the process years ago, when the conservatorship abuse became so public. What about their own sense of self-preservation? There's no way I'd be putting my career and financial future in the hands of someone so beset by rumours of irregularities in business practices.

I just don't get it. Harvey Weinstein was finished years before it got to court, because his hangers-on found it untenable to work with him anymore. More people tried to expose him even a decade before, when they faced huge obstacles. Who spoke up for Britney, ever, among those people who would tweet about the most marginal of complaints, during the height of Me Too and Time's Up? It's so disturbing.

So, good for Michelle. She's a great choice for the audio book, too.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

Everything she does is half assed. If she can’t even sit through an audio recording of her book, i question how involved she was in the whole process. We no longer have team con to blame for how cheap and lazy her career is. 

Not all authors record audiobooks for their books. It is quite common for books to have different narrators. Get over yourself. You'll still hear her voice in some capacity and I'm grateful to read her words written out, and polished by a ghostwriter. I don't really do audiobooks and prefer print. No shame in that. I can read it how I prefer and those who prefer to listen to audiobooks will get to hear Britney AND an Oscar-nominated actress. I'm planning on reading and listening to it because of this reason. 

We true fans have a lot to be excited about. I'm sorry you're unable to enjoy that. You remind me of the haters during the Blackout era. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

Not all authors record audiobooks for their books. It is quite common for books to have different narrators. Get over yourself. You'll still hear her voice in some capacity and I'm grateful to read her words written out, and polished by a ghostwriter. I don't really do audiobooks and prefer print. No shame in that. I can read it how I prefer and those who prefer to listen to audiobooks will get to hear Britney AND an Oscar-nominated actress. I'm planning on reading and listening to it because of this reason. 

We true fans have a lot to be excited about. I'm sorry you're unable to enjoy that. You remind me of the haters during the Blackout era. 

Name a celebrity memoir in the last few years who didn’t narrate their book.  Paris, Jessica, Pamela, etc all did. I truly could care less about an audio book. I read my books. That doesn’t mean it’s not lazy. Of course they got someone high profile to narrate it if Britney wouldn’t. They invested a lot of money in that book. Britney has the time to post living room videos, but not narrate her first book? Lazy. 

Edited by Kaitlyn Johnson
  • Haha 3
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

Name a celebrity memoir in the last few years who didn’t narrate their book.  Paris, Jessica, Pamela, etc all did. I truly could care less about an audio book. I read my books. That doesn’t mean it’s not lazy. Of course they got someone high profile to narrate it if Britney wouldn’t. They invested a lot of money in that book. Britney has the time to post living room videos, but not narrate her first book? Lazy. 

You read your books, so it doesn’t matter. If you hate Britney and don’t want to read her book, just admit it. 

I could see her playing Britney at some point.

Michelle Williams is an awesome actress and I bet she will do a good job with the book.

If Britney is struggling right now and the thought of reading her book is hard, then there’s no reason she should feel pressured to do it. I mean, there’s no reason something even  *has* to be available as an audiobook. It doesn’t kill people to actually read.

Sag 2020 GIF by SAG Awards

Edited by KatieKat
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block