Thoughts on Britney Spears - Do Somethin' (2004)?

Wanted to know what y'all think of Do Somethin'  by Britney Spears (From 2004's Greatest Hits: My Prerogative)?  I think it's cool, except when Britney added a couple of f-bombs, it doesn't really go with the song.

Some info about the song: The song was recorded in 2004 and released in 2005, outside of the US, and reached the top 10 in Australia and the UK. It also reached the Billboard Hot 100 at no. 100. (This was Britney's directorial debut btw) It was meant to premiere at MTV UK but was leaked prior to the premiere. In 2007, Louis Vuitton filed a lawsuit against Jive for unauthorized usage of their logo and won too.

spacer.png

• Love 2
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Fab britney said:

I don’t knowwww…it feels like her 1st b-c list release. It feels uneventful and lazy. It did go number 1 on trl I remember following it on that chart. But I feel like it was the beginning of everybody acting like she was over even though toxic slayed just like 10 months prior :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

To be fair, it wasn’t officially released in the US… 

It should have been bigger but also had not an ounce of promo.

• Like 2

I liked the creativity of the song and music video. I loved the backing vocals on the song that sounded like a electric guitar. 

I feel this was the first time Britney was kinda off brand with a song and music video. It wasn’t as polished as others and really showed her real personality that is reminiscent of her Instagram today. Unpolished, fun and random.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Fab britney said:

I don’t knowwww…it feels like her 1st b-c list release. It feels uneventful and lazy. It did go number 1 on trl I remember following it on that chart. But I feel like it was the beginning of everybody acting like she was over even though toxic slayed just like 10 months prior :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

How dare you call Do Somethin' a b-c list release?!?!

This version is much better: 'Do Somethin' Alternative Version

Edited by Sia
1 hour ago, Showreel Channel said:

I liked the creativity of the song and music video. I loved the backing vocals on the song that sounded like a electric guitar. 

I feel this was the first time Britney was kinda off brand with a song and music video. It wasn’t as polished as others and really showed her real personality that is reminiscent of her Instagram today. Unpolished, fun and random.

Tea

Screenshot-20231009-081234-Facebook.jpg

• Love 1
5 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

To be fair, it wasn’t officially released in the US… 

It should have been bigger but also had not an ounce of promo.

I remember at the time when it was official she was gonna release it as a single, people said it was gonna be her "second 'Toxic' type of hit" and I thought it had potential, it wasn't common, just like Toxic was: different. But sadly it wasn't released in the US. And if I'm not mistaken, everything around that single was Britney's idea and money, her label didn't want to make it an official single.

7 hours ago, PolySpears said:

Wanted to know what y'all think of Do Somethin'  by Britney Spears (From 2004's Greatest Hits: My Prerogative)?  I think it's cool, except when Britney added a couple of f-bombs, it doesn't really go with the song.

Some info about the song: The song was recorded in 2004 and released in 2005, outside of the US, and reached the top 10 in Australia and the UK. It also reached the Billboard Hot 100 at no. 100. (This was Britney's directorial debut btw) It was meant to premiere at MTV UK but was leaked prior to the premiere. In 2007, Louis Vuitton filed a lawsuit against Jive for unauthorized usage of their logo and won too.

spacer.png

Another hit song that got away. This should’ve been released in the U.S. and been the lead single for a movie soundtrack released that year like “Mr and Mrs. Smith” or something.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block