Thoughts on Britney Spears - Do Somethin' (2004)?

It's awesome. Underrated. Even I wasn't paying attention to this one for a while, then I came back to jam to this the other day in the shower. What a time, lol. :straddle_britney_pink_yoga_meditation_bounce_legs_spread_gym::praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

It's also kinda of special that the video has a personal touch of Britney's creativity with the choreo and outfits I guess. I like when she screams f/u/c/k in the ending.

Also beautifulney.

It's funny, it seems to be really forgotten by the GP, right ?

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

I think it’s ok.

Tbh I don’t think it was top 40 hit material but hey I think she didn’t expect it to be a big hit.

I think she just released it for her fans.

However I do like the video a lot!

it’s fun and classic Britney!

Tbh I prefer the video over the song but that’s just me.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I think it’s ok.

Tbh I don’t think it was top 40 hit material but hey I think she didn’t expect to be a big hit.

I think she just released it for her fans.

However I do like the video a lot!

it’s fun and classic Britney!

Tbh I prefer the video over the song but that’s just me.

Yeah, the video gives a whole another color and vibration for the song, makes it sound better. And I'm soo here for Britney's releases dedicated for the fans. The GP are usually lame and disrespectful to her.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, Fita said:

The make up in her eyes really highlight on her face in a beautiful and delicate way too. 

Eguyv6oXsAYgA2X?format=jpg&name=900x900

Eguyv6xXcAAd9p1?format=jpg&name=medium

Oh, here's the scene and the part of the car with the logo of Louis Vuitton (they sued the video over this)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxf15yw2BfK0KPuza_v7Q

Eyeliner looks good on her this way and not the way she does it now.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, DanjaMouse said:

It’s mind blowing to me this will be 20 years old soon 🤯 

Same here. Loved it back  then and played this more along with My prerogative this year than anything else. 

I can tell she had fun making and directing this video!

Edited by Barmy86
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, GmailMyHeart said:

Im not a chart queen so I thought this had done better in the US

i love the song, the video was simple and low budget but cute.  This and boys are two of my favs and truly don’t understand how they are both so underrated.  

It wasn't aired in the US... it got on the charts due to downloads and stuff

3 hours ago, So Annoying said:

I liked the song better in 2004 than now.

It's a cute song but there were much better songs that deserved to be released as a single instead.

BUT I am glad Britney decided to release it anyway and I like the video and its energy. She's very **** in it and I love the styling as well.

Agreed, she should have released 'State of Grace' from Blackout too... it's pretty good

I personally LOVE anything Bloodshy & Avant produced. They are magic and somehow live in Danja’s shadow. Anyways I like this song. My closets memory to it is my girlfriend making me watch it as teens. We were debating Britney’s ***iest video and I forgot what I said but Alana was like. “NO! THIS is her ***iest and it’s slutty in the best way!” Girl was a horn dog! 😂 I’ll reserve the rest of the details from that night 😉

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block