Is Britney experiencing a decline in her fan base?

100% and this isn't a 2007 situation because back then we had her back every minute of the way. She's slowly destroying her goodwill now I don't know why she still has her Instagram open when she's been destroyed by the industry. Instagram is probably THE WORST window she has open to more negativity. 

Her posts serve nothing at this point. She vented, we listened, she shared her stories and we were so supportive but now it just seems useless. And the fact that she has to bite her own tounge after attacking the wrong people was just..... Kinda strange. She made it clear that she hates the industry so why not just go on with your life and enjoy your privacy with your supportive husband. 

I'm excited for the book but I hope she doesn't kill off that remaining hype too. Her Instagram is just such a negative outlet let's not pretend it's otherwise. I have yet to see what she posts half of the time because I cringe so damn hard every time I watch a video of her just staring at the camera. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
16 hours ago, Sugarball2000 said:

As a gen-z, I always thought most people in my generation still grew up knowing her as the great popstar she is (probably because I did), but apparently that isn't the case and most people my age or younger don't really know about her accomplishments at her prime anymore?? 

I just think it is so weird because when I first started stanning her during Circus she only had been out for like 10 or 11 years (which isn't really a long time at all). 

I mean Ariana or Taylor have been out for longer than that and kids these days still know about them and listen to them, right?? 

True and yeah even my sister who was born in 1998 (idk if thats Gen Z) knew about Britney cause of me however I see on social media, lots of younger people thinking negatively of Britney.

The thing is that IG is social media and since social media is the most important way to be relevant and famous as a celeb, Britney is using it in a way that's destroying her image and potentially her legacy.

I do believe she still has the chance to change her image but its only if she wants to.

I just don't want her to be remembered for her meltdown and IG posts.

She should be remembered for the amazing music career she has made.

• Love 2

The topic is clearly about Britney’s declining fan base and some of ya’ll still bringing that argument that when she’s done with court and family issues, she’ll be back blah blah. 

The question of this topic is simple, yet others go off the rail of the topic lol

Edited by jecho

I am changing as a fan. 

Who is to blame?  Maybe her maybe me. 

She doesn't seem happy with ehr work since blackout. 

She gives zero foks about promoting her business or celebrating her legacy. She gives zero foks about evolving as a performer or musician. 

She seems uninterested and bored since 2008. 

Her ig are outrageous and so unnecessary. Her naked pics and terrible spinning. I agree she wants to feels liberated-at least thats me as a  fan always rationalizing the irrational - but there are other ways to do so. 

I am here to listen to new songs. Not so much to buy her stuff. If she is close maybe I'll go to a concert. I am not here for more playbacks and half assed pretending to be 1999 anymore. 

I listened to Manjobi like 4 times.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I idolize the music and Britney the performer, not the person. To be frank, she as a person doesn’t do anything for me and I know that might anger many fans on here. Her stage persona and her “real self” are two vastly different beings and the latter is too troubled for me to even begin to relate to.

I don’t think she’s losing me as a fan because I’ve never really been into her as a person, so for me, I can celebrate her music and accomplishments while still rolling my eyes.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, Lola2790 said:

The fans that are stanning other artists will be there for Britney in a heartbeat when/if she returns to the industry. 

Reality is Britney only communicates via Instagram these days and even on her Instagram she doesn't share much about her music and artistry. The GP also seems to have unfollowed her after the fat shaming posts last fall. She lost 2 million followers. She's slowly gaining them back since... 

Fat shamming? Idk remember...

Shes not relevant music wise and her decisions on post these random videos don't help. I'll always be a Stan. There are lots of gen z's who know of her legacy and prime time.

2 hours ago, dran said:

I'll always have a special place in my heart for Britney... but I also think I have room for other artists too... I noticed I don't listen to her as much anymore

It's sad to listen to anything after Corcus. FF is fun but I think about ho disconnected she seemed what they drugged her with to tour. BJ eh it's more of a collab with Myah. Glory executed wrong and music was like leftovers of Selena Gomez. 

9 hours ago, summer2summer said:

100% and this isn't a 2007 situation because back then we had her back every minute of the way. She's slowly destroying her goodwill now I don't know why she still has her Instagram open when she's been destroyed by the industry. Instagram is probably THE WORST window she has open to more negativity. 

Her posts serve nothing at this point. She vented, we listened, she shared her stories and we were so supportive but now it just seems useless. And the fact that she has to bite her own tounge after attacking the wrong people was just..... Kinda strange. She made it clear that she hates the industry so why not just go on with your life and enjoy your privacy with your supportive husband. 

I'm excited for the book but I hope she doesn't kill off that remaining hype too. Her Instagram is just such a negative outlet let's not pretend it's otherwise. I have yet to see what she posts half of the time because I cringe so damn hard every time I watch a video of her just staring at the camera. 

Thank you!!! This is how I've felt it was so negative for someone who wants to be positive and who tupically doesn't address these issues publicly. I told my ex bf I had to take a break from her IG bc I was disappointed how negative it was almost trashy behavior. Yes I get your family did you wrong but don't get to their level giving the topic more life. I would just not mention them at all if they truly meant nothing to me.

20 hours ago, Jup1ter said:

Yes, there's no appeal

It's like the artist and the personality old fans knew is gone

+ those who were born in 2004 is 20 y.o. now, they missed In The Zone, and the last time of her peak was 2011 with Femme Fatale and they were like 7 years old, didn't experience it either

We are now in a new generation that likes Billie Eilish and Taylor Swift, and the female rappers

Britney is now a celebrity instead of an artist, a singer, a dancer

The fans who really experienced Britney were the ones born in 1980-1989 and those are gone 

I was born in 1986 and I'm here still.

Then again I have tattoos related to her, I was on the fan cover of Piece of Me, I performed as her in drag for a lot of my life...

As sad as I am to see how she is right now, I've been through trauma like hers in my life, and I can see she is trying to heal (maybe in unhealthy ways) ... But I believe we will see her better again one day.

We all said before she was free, that we would be happy if she never released music again as long as she was happy... Not sure what happened to that mindset.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Well I don't think it's weird to loose fans after such a long break. But I am sure she would win everyone hearts back if she ever decides to put out a new album with new songs and visuals. 

People always loved Britney and they always will. If she managed to peak again after 2007 she will again in the future, for sure ! 

• Like 1

Honestly, part of me feels like that may be what Britney wants. She's wanted a normal life for a long time. She will ALWAYS be a legend, she has given us so much.

I will NEVER unstan her. I love her to death and she will forever be my #1. She isn't doing anything career wise right now so there's nothing really to "stan" at the moment, but I'm not going anywhere and the minute she actually returns I will be there. I'm so excited for her book also. I love her, and I just want her happy and doing whatever makes her happy.

I hope we get a documentary OR atleast ONE big tell-all interview to promote the book. That will be MORE than enough for me! Just seeing her on TV again, and telling HER story.. I'll be so happy.

Edited by frederiickx
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, Cheshire-B said:

Well I don't think it's weird to loose fans after such a long break. But I am sure she would win everyone hearts back if she ever decides to put out a new album with new songs and visuals. 

People always loved Britney and they always will. If she managed to peak again after 2007 she will again in the future, for sure ! 

Exactly, if she decides to come back to her career the fans will be back. A comeback from her will be big, if she wants it.

• Love 2

Idk I think as we get older the Stan stamp kind of goes away with any fandom. We start to get busier, we have less time to commit, less time to engage in twitter fights, on request hours and all that stuff and there's not much going on with her musically. When she did Hold Me Closer last year the world was at her feet which shows that people and fans that "left her" just lost interest on what's going on now. I also find myself picking a group of artists that I love and listening to that particular group a lot. Brit is obviously there but she's probably not getting any amazing special treatment if that makes ANY sense

i'll always care for her and she'll always be my fav artist, but as others have said, what's to stan now?

she doesn't want to work (understandable), and her online persona is deeply concerning. older fans as myself may still be here for her, but how is she supposed to gain new fans if she doesn't work and all she does is portraying an erratic image on IG?

• Like 1
On 8/9/2023 at 5:40 AM, PlatinumB said:

The only decline I see in this fanbase is the quality of the fans... not quantity.

Tea Smh GIF by MOODMAN

SPEAK ON IT. Personally I hope there is a decline in her fanbase, some people prove every day they don't even like her and are here for the "drama" nothing more. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block