Is Britney experiencing a decline in her fan base?

I understand that this topic might make some of you uncomfortable, but I've noticed a significant number of Britney fans turning to other artists' stans as Britney's career has been inactive for the past 6 years. Of course, I'm not passing any judgment on her for this, it's entirely her choice :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

I've also noticed that I'm gradually moving on from being a dedicated fan of hers and becoming more interested in other artists.

Many Exhalers have shifted from being fans to becoming haters while still being active on the site :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

katy-perry-cup.gif

Thoughts?

• Love 4
  • Haha 4
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah I do and its because of her erratic posts on IG.

She seemed to have the GP on her side and had more fans once she was freed but now they aren't anymore cause of her IG.

I said this in a previous thread:

Her IG is the WORST thing to have ever happened to her public image even more than 2007 cause at least in 2007, she had really intense problems and stress going on in her life.

I hate to admit it and I don't want to come across as insensitive, but I'm on the same page :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

I wouldn't say it's the worst thing that has happened to her image and reputation, but rather one of the worst. The way she sort of brought it on herself, didn't really require anyone else to make a mess of things :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

• Haha 1
  • Like 6
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, Henry. said:

I hate to admit it and I don't want to come across as insensitive, but I'm on the same page :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

I wouldn't say it's the worst thing that has happened to her image and reputation, but rather one of the worst. The way she sort of brought it on herself, didn't really require anyone else to make a mess of things :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

It does make me sad cause anyone who was alive during her heyday KNOWS how much of an amazing popstar she was and now people especially this new generation just see her as this "old has been" popstar who shaved her head and went crazy.

They will never know how awesome she was back then :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

It does make me sad cause anyone who was alive during her heyday KNOWS how much of an amazing popstar she was and now people especially this new generation just see her as this "old has been" popstar who shaved her head and went crazy.

They will never know how awesome she was back then :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

I am hopeful that the book will help usher in a new era! :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:
The trial and conservatorship hearings coming to a close next year should also help change things for the better.

Remember Britney is still in a transitional period and we need to be patient while the dust settles...

Edited by Lola2790
  • Love 5

I don't think she lost a lot of fans,  I think because since 2019 with all the allegations of the abuse in the cship coming to light the GP became interested in Britney again. But since she was freed people lost interest. The only thing happening are people wondering about her mental health (because of her IG) but they are not interested on her case anymore. 

Maybe when the book is released the GP will be interested again.

titanic james cameron GIF
It’s true the ones that have remained here are like widows. We are still next to it mourning the loss. While the world moved on we waited (nobody wanted to hear song. The basketball incident which made her seem dramatic and annoying, sold single for an exorbitant amount of money. Truly bone chilling) 

good news? She loves mexico! Mexico is the new sunset strip for her. Party never stops (she was partying in Mexico while William slaved for the song. She wouldn’t even provide new vocals for his ***).
she gave him a verbal lashing just earlier today. Confederate much? 
I just hope the book is the saving thing and  the interviews to go with it. If no televised interviews are coming then that’s going to be a problem.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Dama Etro said:

Her streaming numbers are consistent (and even improving if you look at the total) for her legacy hits. This is one of the few "measurable" options. If there was an actual decline, we would most likely notice it. And if those fans who don't support her music are leaving, who cares? :prettyney_britney_iggy_girls_bbma_2015_hair_flip_bounce: 

Literally who gives a fu ck... They'll be back anyway when they think she is behaving properly or releasing music they like or even post a "instagram" worthy picture  :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: The only decline I see in this fanbase is the quality of the fans... not quantity.

Tea Smh GIF by MOODMAN

• Love 4
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah I do and its because of her erratic posts on IG.

She seemed to have the GP on her side and had more fans once she was freed but now they aren't anymore cause of her IG.

I said this in a previous thread:

Her IG is the WORST thing to have ever happened to her public image even more than 2007 cause at least in 2007, she had really intense problems and stress going on in her life.

Agree with this.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Yes, there's no appeal

It's like the artist and the personality old fans knew is gone

+ those who were born in 2004 is 20 y.o. now, they missed In The Zone, and the last time of her peak was 2011 with Femme Fatale and they were like 7 years old, didn't experience it either

We are now in a new generation that likes Billie Eilish and Taylor Swift, and the female rappers

Britney is now a celebrity instead of an artist, a singer, a dancer

The fans who really experienced Britney were the ones born in 1980-1989 and those are gone 

Edited by Jup1ter
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block