Is Britney experiencing a decline in her fan base?

4 hours ago, Lola2790 said:

The fans that are stanning other artists will be there for Britney in a heartbeat when/if she returns to the industry. 

Reality is Britney only communicates via Instagram these days and even on her Instagram she doesn't share much about her music and artistry. The GP also seems to have unfollowed her after the fat shaming posts last fall. She lost 2 million followers. She's slowly gaining them back since... 

maybe I'm a little bit mean but how couldn't you love a famous person so honest? it's like Doja Cat when she said what she said, it makes me like the a little bit more or at least stay on their side for awhile, I wouldn't unfollow someone that has this sparkle of truth act lol

Edited by Jup1ter
3 hours ago, princessmimi said:

It does make me sad cause anyone who was alive during her heyday KNOWS how much of an amazing popstar she was and now people especially this new generation just see her as this "old has been" popstar who shaved her head and went crazy.

They will never know how awesome she was back then :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

As a gen-z, I always thought most people in my generation still grew up knowing her as the great popstar she is (probably because I did), but apparently that isn't the case and most people my age or younger don't really know about her accomplishments at her prime anymore?? 

I just think it is so weird because when I first started stanning her during Circus she only had been out for like 10 or 11 years (which isn't really a long time at all). 

I mean Ariana or Taylor have been out for longer than that and kids these days still know about them and listen to them, right?? 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

I think she can get it all back, but it'll take work that I'm not sure she wants to do

I agree but she'd basically need to give herself a whole new image, hire bunch of people, and honestly, I don't think she's up for it.

23 minutes ago, Sugarball2000 said:

I mean Ariana or Taylor have been out for longer than that and kids these days still know about them and listen to them, right?? 

Thanks to social media

One thing to maintain interests with an artist’s brand is continuous evolution of artistry, with intent of sharing and being involved with the material released.

Reality is, Britney is so disconnected with everything. As hardcore fans we MAY try to understand that she is still healing but to the world, the way she presents her craft and personal self doesn’t match. Example releasing ‘Mind Your Business’ yet months ago, she body-shamed Christina and kept Selena Gomez cryptic posts which doesn’t really co-relate. An artist to be likeable, they have to be relatable. Britney was relatable to us when she started because we were growing up with her. Now that we have all grown up, she seems to have missed this part because of what happened.  

It’s sad to see that some media outlets may try to hold her legacy as high up (like releasing news articles about Best VMA performances of all time with 3 of hers on the list) but she herself can’t hold it up with the media through disconnected shared thoughts on her socials.  Even though she may not care, but she do have to care, even if it’s as simple as cleaning up her IG feeds. 

This is not bashing Britney but an observation of our reality with Britney and Britney’s reality with her stardom.

Edited by jecho
  • Like 5
27 minutes ago, jecho said:

One thing to maintain interests with an artist’s brand is continuous evolution of artistry, with intent of sharing and being involved with the material released.

Reality is, Britney is so disconnected with everything. As hardcore fans we MAY try to understand that she is still healing but to the world, the way she presents her craft and personal self doesn’t match. Example releasing ‘Mind Your Business’ but yet months ago, she body-shamed Christina and kept Selena Gomez cryptic posts which doesn’t really co-relate. An artist to be likeable, they have to be relatable. Britney was relatable to us when she started because we were growing up with her. Now that we have all grown up, she seems to have missed this part because of what happened.  

It’s sad to see that the some media may try to hold her legacy as high up (like releasing news articles about Best VMA performances of all time with 3 of hers on the list) but she herself can’t hold it up with the media through disconnected shared thoughts on her socials.  Even though she may not care, but she do have to care, even if it’s as simple as cleaning up her IG feeds. 

This is not bashing Britney but an observation of our reality with Britney and Britney’s reality with her 

Edited by jecho
6 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah I do and its because of her erratic posts on IG.

She seemed to have the GP on her side and had more fans once she was freed but now they aren't anymore cause of her IG.

I said this in a previous thread:

Her IG is the WORST thing to have ever happened to her public image even more than 2007 cause at least in 2007, she had really intense problems and stress going on in her life.

Mimi for Britney’s PR manager

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block