Did you like MATM from the first time?

I remember being 10 and not knowing how the internet worked but finding a download of the nfl performance and instead of saving it and watching it just clicking the link and it having it buffer every 5 seconds on window media player :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

I was confused by the song and wasn't sure if I liked it but by the time it was officially released I was obsessed and would constantly watch it on Yahoo Launch music videos on loop.

Anyone remember Yahoo Launch music? :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Haha 7

Nope. I didn’t like it and I really forced myself to like it because I was a Britney stan and a Madonna fan. But I didn’t like the song, the outfits and the storyline of the video. The choreo was always a serve though.

NOW, I love it! It sounds more fresh now, then upon its release. Now I can appreciate her costume- it’s become iconic. Still love the choreo and was happy when she brought it back for POM. :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

I wish there was just one live performance with M & B :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Like 2

I remember being 8-9 watching the music video. I had no idea Madonna or Britney were. I knew Britney from her other videos, but nothing more than that.
I just remember thinking that the side 'the old lady' (madonna) was at looked really boring compared to what side Britney was on. I thought Britney was a lot cooler than 'the old lady' ... :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

Love the song and music video till this day!

• Love 1
  • Haha 6

Actually I didn't. But that's something that has happened to me with every lead single since Slave.

Like, BOMT and Oops, I loved them instantly, but Slave, MATM, GM, Womanizer, HIAM, WB and MM have just been like too weird for me at first listen, and it took a while to understand them and readjust my brain to say like "ok this is a Britney Spears song"

But it seems to be something almost exclusive to lead singles, because songs like Toxic or Circus, I didn't have trouble loving them since the beginning.

• Like 3
  • Super Mods

Well tbh I didn't know or hear about the song til years later because I was a little kid back then.

However when I first discovered the song,

I thought it was ok.

The video for sure is better than the actual song.

Someone on here said that MATM should've had Janet Jackson as a feature instead of Madonna cause she has similar singing style as Britney and she can dance.

Can you imagine the video with primeney doing a dance battle against Janet?

That would've been amazing!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Martini said:

I remember being 10 and not knowing how the internet worked but finding a download of the nfl performance and instead of saving it and watching it just clicking the link and it having it buffer every 5 seconds on window media player :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

I was confused by the song and wasn't sure if I liked it but by the time it was officially released I was obsessed and would constantly watch it on Yahoo Launch music videos on loop.

Anyone remember Yahoo Launch music? :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

OMFG!! As if I had written this :pretends_shocked_wow_rihanna_surprised:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block