What would be your reaction if Britney decided to join The Black Eyed Peas as the band’s frontwoman?

30 minutes ago, handmedown said:

At first I'm thinking that's ridiculous but at the same time...

Britney would need something completely unconventional to really take her career in a different direction. And I almost feel this would give her some credibility with people who have written her off in the past as manufactured. Like for example this would give her a platform and the backing to sing life, there's no way you're lip syncing your way through a Back Eyed Peas set. I could imagine her doing the festival circuit with them. I dunno...there's definitely something to this idea. Never going to happen like. But maybe not the worst idea I've ever heard. 

Honestly with Britney, I wouldn’t be surprised at this point. I feel like Will would utilize her as more of the band’s AI figure aka robotic vocals, still-screen displays with heavy backdrops, etc. A lot of artists also lip sync at festivals so I don’t see why Britney would suddenly feel the need to sing live unless she wants to prove herself. Obviously, if Britney wants to come back to music, I’d like for it to be solo but if the pressure of going solo gets too much, having a band as support wouldn’t be all so bad of an idea, especially since she has a very good relationship with Will.

2 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

Honestly with Britney, I wouldn’t be surprised at this point. I feel like Will would utilize her as more of the band’s AI figure aka robotic vocals, still-screen displays with heavy backdrops, etc. A lot of artists also lip sync at festivals so I don’t see why Britney would suddenly feel the need to sing live unless she wants to prove herself. Obviously, if Britney wants to come back to music, I’d like for it to be solo but if the pressure of going solo gets too much, having a band as support wouldn’t be all so bad of an idea, especially since she has a very good relationship with Will.

She should get married to will.I.am

I could imagine a scenario where it would work well. Not to quote BFB but her and Will do have a treble and bass dynamic that compliments Brit’s vocal timber.

We saw it work well on Blackout with Danja’s ad libs and Will was smart to tap into this. Sonically and aesthetically he’s a good counterweight for Brit because he brings out more of the glossy/urban/swaggy energy we wish she saw more of. I also appreciate that he puts her on a pedestal.

That said I do have major concerns about his taste level as a lot of his past work seems to age poorly. Also many of us don’t consider BJ to be cannon and that travesty can’t be understated.

• Super Mods
9 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

Fergie's voice was such a good fit for that group! Their success from those years proves that the chemistry was right. 

I know, right?

I mean just the fact that you haven't heard any new hit songs from the Black Eyed Peas ever since she left proves my point.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I know, right?

I mean just the fact that you haven't heard any new hit songs from the Black Eyed Peas ever since she left proves my point.

They needed a pop singer so the group could reach fans with different musical tastes. I don't listen to rap yet could name off the top of my head several BEP songs with Fergie I like. I do think Fergie being white also was an asset in marketing the group to white people. Musically and demographically, the group had the perfect mix of ingredients to reach a huge audience. 

Edited by IsraeliMatt
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
7 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

They needed a pop singer so the group could reach fans with different musical tastes. I don't listen to rap yet could name off the top of my head several BEP songs with Fergie I like. I do think Fergie being white also was an asset in marketing the group to white people. Musically and demographically, the group had the perfect mix of ingredients to reach a huge audience. 

Yeah I remember seeing a video or article online saying how the group was originally just the guys but then they wanted to become mainstream, so they got a female lead.

They had a nice run in the 2000s and early 2010s.

It just sucks that Fergie left, which im not sure why cause she's not doing anything anyways.

Tbh I havent heard about Fergie since her embarrassing national anthem performance. 

Man that performance was just SO bad, that I wouldnt be suprised if it killed her career.

Just now, princessmimi said:

Tbh I havent heard about Fergie since her embarrassing national anthem performance. 

Man that performance was just SO bad, that I wouldnt be suprised if it killed her career.

She released a second solo album about 6 years ago. I was rooting for her because her first one was huge and I didn't understand why she waited so many years to do another. It got some attention, but nothing like the first one. Maybe she's focused on motherhood? She co-wrote a lot of hit songs, so she doesn't have to work unless she wants to. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block