When did you become a Britney fan?

15 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

That's so cool! I just remember being like who is this girl!? Like love at first sight :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: Had no internet obviously so was going around school trying to find someone else who has seen the same thing lol It was almost like magic! We really were eating good back in 90's early 00's with Britney and all the other artists:shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

mqgical.. I used to have MTV on waiting for her music videos. remember 2004 was amazing year bc Toxic was like every 10th song played.. all day long haha

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

magical.. I used to have MTV on waiting for her music videos. remember 2004 was amazing year bc Toxic was like every 10th song played.. all day long haha

Ha yes me too! That Toxic video... My God! Goosebumps... It's a instance where the song and video equally match! So epic!!!

Music Video Diamonds GIF by Britney Spears

• Love 2

I’m ashamed to admit that I didn’t like BOMT all that much when it came out but I was fascinated by her presence. I have since repented and do quite like BOMT but it was her angelic looks and voice in Sometimes that drew me in. 
Officially stanned at Oops. That album still holds a special place in my heart. I have stanned ever since and always will. Britney is a once in a generation star. I’m so glad I grew up in generation Britney. There really hasn’t been the same fanfare around another star since. 

• Love 1

I live in a country where you were not able to reach mtv so easily. So I heard her music around 99 and 00 but I was still a kid and wasn’t able to buy cassettes that easily too. I used to see her images here and there on the newspapers and teenage magazines but the first time I heard and watch her on 2001 vma, slave 4 u performance. It was in the national news show” teenage princess of pop did it again”. I was hooked. The way she turn around with the snake. I never saw any other human being looked so fierce and ready to take over the world as she was. Then I had some ups and downs with her.  I watched every performance at the edge of my seat. But I was also sometimes get angry at her like when she kissed madonna or quit music and married kevin back in 2004. Like, for no reason, It’s probably because of my religious and custos morum mom .In the zone era was my biggest time fanboying over her. I used to talk about nothing but her during that time.

Edited by rebellion_is_the_way
  • Like 1

When she released Stronger, my cousin was a big fan of her, she introduced me to Britney around the time she was in Brazil for Rock in Rio. I watched the concert on TV and end up recording on a VHS and quickly became a hardcore fan.

I already had internet at the time, she was always on MTV, when Britney was released she was under the Globo label so she was everywhere, was really good to be a fan discovering everything from the past and having so much new material coming.

From In the Zone to Blackout I used to call the record stores weeks before the release to ask about the album just to make sure they knew about the release in time for me to buy on the release date.

Overall I fall in love for her personality and humbleness, that’s the reason I keep following and hoping for the best. She truly deserves ♥️

• Like 1

At my friends house, she had MTV on and I was just leaving. As I walked towards the door I heard them doing some kind of rundown of the newest songs and videos. They played a 5 second clip of BOMT and said her name. I turned around looked at the TV and thought “Who is that?”, and then repeated her name in my head as I’d never heard a name like that before! I remember thinking it was such a weird name for some reason! I just wanted to know all about her. 

I saw the full video a few days later at home and was fascinated, then an interview and that was it, obsession activated! Then there were loads of weird things that happened which I’ve never gone into detail with anyone but she became a huge part of my life for a few years. Maybe I’ll write a book about it one day lol 

• Love 2

A friend of mine showed me the Baby One More Time on VHS. We didn’t know how to pronounce her name, so we said it‘s „Brightney Spiers“ (we are Germans).

Then „I‘ll be there“ came on the radio, so I decided to buy the album.

It took 6 hours at night to download the Sometimes music video as mpeg. Can you imagine?? 

The first years as a fan were amazing.

Nowadays everything is so bittersweet. Miss the good old times. 

I became a fan during the Blackout era, I was 9 years old back then. I remember watching Piece of Me for the first time on MTV,  and thats when I found out about Britney and turned into a fan instantly, its one my favorite songs from her till nowdays. 

But the first era I fully experienced was Circus.

Edited by mono-yuumi
  • Love 2

I was 23 when BOMT hit MTV. Pop music wasn't really my thing at the time. I thought the song was catchy though. Mostly it was "this girl is hot." Bought the CD and didn't pay much attention. Same with Oops. Same with Britney. Listened to each of them maybe once. Like I said, Pop wasn't (still isn't, really) my thing. 

Fast forward to 2018 maybe. Out of musical boredom I start listening to random Britney songs. I start listening to her music, her voice, how the songs are crafted and didn't even think about "this woman is hot". I started reading about her, her struggles, what she'd gone through, my heart went out to her. I felt so strongly for this person I'd never met. Started listening to EVERYTHING I could find. The unreleased, the b-sides, the demos, all of it. Started watching the videos. Her live performances, her music videos, interviews. I realized how insanely talented she is, and how sweet, humble, and kind of dorky she is. Very endearing. That's when I became a stan. That's when I joined the B-Army. 

Edited by reverendB
Added more.
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, reverendB said:

I was 23 when BOMT hit MTV. Pop music wasn't really my thing at the time. I thought the song was catchy though. Mostly it was "this girl is hot." Bought the CD and didn't pay much attention. Same with Oops. Same with Britney. Listened to each of them maybe once. Like I said, Pop wasn't (still isn't, really) my thing. 

Fast forward to 2018 maybe. Out of musical boredom I start listening to random Britney songs. I start listening to her music, her voice, how the songs are crafted and didn't even think about "this woman is hot". I started reading about her, her struggles, what she'd gone through, my heart went out to her. I felt so strongly for this person I'd never met. Started listening to EVERYTHING I could find. The unreleased, the b-sides, the demos, all of it. Got hooked. Became a stan. Joined the B-Army. 

I like this!  What is your favorite song, album and unreleased track?

2 minutes ago, canwesynchronize said:

I like this!  What is your favorite song, album and unreleased track?

Favorite song? Oh, God. Too many! I'm STILL discovering songs. Something that I will not notice one day will hit me the next. Honestly couldn't pick one. Favorite album? Blackout. I realize why it's referred to as the Bible of pop music. Unreleased? Dramatic. It's so different. The opening of it feels straight out of a Tim Burton movie. VERY Danny Elfman sounding vibe. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block