When did you become a Britney fan?

I was little and I was an instant fan the first time I heard BOMT. That album was the first CD I bought. Of course I love her voice and dancing, but the main factor of me being a fan is that her style of music generally is my favorite type of music. Naturally, I also enjoy similar artists like Kylie Minogue and Thalía. 

• Like 1

I’m so jealous of you guys being able to experience brit at the height of her fame😭😭 since 2021 I had been a casual fan but it was really semtember of this past year where I became a real stan of her music! i always loved her dancing and I was interested because she was inspired by janet(my literal idol) but it was truly when I saw the joy of Pepsi commerical earlier this year weirdly😭 idk I was just so captivated by her presence almost and she just has that IT factor while coming across as sooo sweet and down to earth 💗

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I was 5. I remember the day I bought her CD. I was in Zellers - Canadian department store (bought out by Target, which later pulled out of all their Canadian stores.... and now we have Zellers again in a smaller size .. sorry that's a different story).

I legit remember asking my dad for the CD. I remember the pink CD with the flower design. From there, I remember growing my fandom for her. I would record all her concerts on TV on a VCR tape. 

I started to sing and dance because of her... I remember learning all her choreo for her shows, and of course I did my own world tour in my basement singing/dancing/costume changes ... my stage made out of monopoly money. I had a pipecleaner head set. I would adjust my mic the way she did singing. 

I remember when the DWAD tour came out, that long stage design, my goodness, I loved prancing down my long stage. I would sweat so much. 

Those were the days... I miss being a fan in those days... it was so unreal. There was such a different connection

• Love 1

I was in 4th grade..I remember..and I was home watching TRL in my grandparents room. And the Baby One More Time video came on..and I remember when she hit that low note. I thought, “only black females do that” so instantly I was like she got soul. Lol, and then the flips and high kick reminded me of Buffy. So I became a fan right then and there

Back in 1999, she was on MTV a lot. Everytime her BOMT video comes on I would switch it to another channel.

I actually never heard her the song until one time I was in the shower and was listening to the radio and BOMT came on, that was the very first time I loved a song at first listen, and I was shocked to find out if was Britney, the one I’ve been avoiding for so long lol.

I was poor so I couldn’t afford to buy her album. Then Sometimes was released and it was the perfect follow up to BOMT, so I saved and finally bought my first ever record.

I would listen to it over and over, it made me happy or cheer me up and forget I was poor. 

I never had a favorite artist before, so britney was my first and my ultimate fave since 1999 and to this day, if I needed some cheering up, Britney’s music would do that for me, like almost immediately.

In 2002, Britney saved my life but that’s a dark story to tell for another day. 

• Love 2
  • 5 weeks later...

Soo, I know I'm a bit late (very late), but I just love threads like this one. 😂😂

I first became a fan during Circus. I remember watching TV with my parents and they were showing a documentary about her. I don't remember much, but they were showing her being taken in the ambulance and someone was talking about the hard time she had and how glad they were that she was okay again. 

For some reason, I was so fascinated and I just remember loving her name because I had never heard the name Britney before and thought it was so unique haha. So I asked my parents who she was and my dad told me she was a very famous singer. 

I know it sounds very cliché, but from the moment I first saw her, I KNEW that she was gonna become super important to me in some way. I felt even more of a connection with her when my dad pointed out that her initials are BS, since mine are SB. Like I felt it was destined that I would grow to love her lol. 

A few weeks went by and I couldn't forget about her, so I asked my parents about her songs and my mum told me about OIDIA and we watched the video together. From then on, I was completely obsessed haha. 

We went to the library and I got a CD with her greatest hits (I don't remember which one, but it had I love rock'n'roll, I'm a Slave 4u, Womanizer, Gimme More, Piece of Me, OIDIA and BOMT of course and a few others). 

I was 8 years old at the time so the only two things I did on the internet were play games on miniclip.com (does anyone even remember that site haha??) and watch Britney-videos on YouTube.

My obsession died down shortly after and I kinda stopped paying attention to her. Then during Glory era I stumbled across the OIDIA-video again and was in love all over again. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
9 hours ago, Sugarball2000 said:

Soo, I know I'm a bit late (very late), but I just love threads like this one. 😂😂

I first became a fan during Circus. I remember watching TV with my parents and they were showing a documentary about her. I don't remember much, but they were showing her being taken in the ambulance and someone was talking about the hard time she had and how glad they were that she was okay again. 

For some reason, I was so fascinated and I just remember loving her name because I had never heard the name Britney before and thought it was so unique haha. So I asked my parents who she was and my dad told me she was a very famous singer. 

I know it sounds very cliché, but from the moment I first saw her, I KNEW that she was gonna become super important to me in some way. I felt even more of a connection with her when my dad pointed out that her initials are BS, since mine are SB. Like I felt it was destined that I would grow to love her lol. 

A few weeks went by and I couldn't forget about her, so I asked my parents about her songs and my mum told me about OIDIA and we watched the video together. From then on, I was completely obsessed haha. 

We went to the library and I got a CD with her greatest hits (I don't remember which one, but it had I love rock'n'roll, I'm a Slave 4u, Womanizer, Gimme More, Piece of Me, OIDIA and BOMT of course and a few others). 

I was 8 years old at the time so the only two things I did on the internet were play games on miniclip.com (does anyone even remember that site haha??) and watch Britney-videos on YouTube.

My obsession died down shortly after and I kinda stopped paying attention to her. Then during Glory era I stumbled across the OIDIA-video again and was in love all over again. 

Lol its ok. 

Better late than never, right? :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

I was like 6 or 7 when BOMT came out. I remember being fascinated with the song and with her music videos. :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

However, when In The Zone came out I was 11 and I had now a musical conscience haha. I bought the album (well, my dad bought it for me) and loved every second of it, even Brave New Girl. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I didn't know much English back then, so I was enjoying more the visuals, musical production, and of course, Britney's charm. :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

What a journey this has been :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

BOMT

But it REALLY hit when Oops came out... That white latex outfit!!!

I was OBSESSED, have tattoos on my body about her, performed as an impersonator for a long time. I used to get the big life sized cardboard cutouts of her, I recreated lots of her costumes by hand, I even attempted to make a full size 3d version of her in the sketchers denim skirt for my art class in high school lol

• Love 1
On 7/11/2023 at 8:19 AM, notbritneyspears said:

Back in 1999, she was on MTV a lot. Everytime her BOMT video comes on I would switch it to another channel.

I actually never heard her the song until one time I was in the shower and was listening to the radio and BOMT came on, that was the very first time I loved a song at first listen, and I was shocked to find out if was Britney, the one I’ve been avoiding for so long lol.

I was poor so I couldn’t afford to buy her album. Then Sometimes was released and it was the perfect follow up to BOMT, so I saved and finally bought my first ever record.

I would listen to it over and over, it made me happy or cheer me up and forget I was poor. 

I never had a favorite artist before, so britney was my first and my ultimate fave since 1999 and to this day, if I needed some cheering up, Britney’s music would do that for me, like almost immediately.

In 2002, Britney saved my life but that’s a dark story to tell for another day. 

She has saved mine too... I wonder how many of us have had our lives saved by her.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Adriannn said:

I was like 6 or 7 when BOMT came out. I remember being fascinated with the song and with her music videos. :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

However, when In The Zone came out I was 11 and I had now a musical conscience haha. I bought the album (well, my dad bought it for me) and loved every second of it, even Brave New Girl. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I didn't know much English back then, so I was enjoying more the visuals, musical production, and of course, Britney's charm. :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

What a journey this has been :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

The latter part was the same with me. 

I remember the sound system on our computer broke, but I still kept watching the OIDIA-video without sound because I just loved it so much. 😂

At the part where she did the flips, I always thought she did them by herself back then and was blown away like "How the heck does she do that? She must be a superhuman!"

Sad Feelings GIF

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block