When did you become a Britney fan?

• Super Mods

Hey you guys,

I just wanted to make a more lighthearted and positive thread especially with what's been going with Britney lately.

So I wanted to make a thread asking you guys when did you become a fan of hers?

For me,

I became a fan when I was a little kid when Oops came out.

I saw the video and fell in love with the song, her style, her look and the video.

I still remember being SO fascinated by her that I asked my mom who she was and ever since I've been a die hard fan for 23 years and I think I will ALWAYS be one.

So yeah when did you guys become fans?

Was it when you were a child like me, a teenager or an adult?

I think it matters more of how much you care as a fan than how long you've been one, you know?

• Love 7
  • Like 1

I only remember seen her BOMT video for the first  time,  but i dont rememeber when i saw It.  I love her dance moves, her gymnastic moves. After i found ouț she is born on 2 dec and i am on 1dec.  Perfect. Lets say i started being a fan în 2000.  She is 8 years older than me. A fan ever since🙂

• Love 2

I always loved Britney. I bought Baby One More Time single when it came out and loved Britney & In The Zone-albums.

But a hardcore fan I became when I was in London at an airport waiting for my flight and I saw the news of her getting taken away in an ambulance after all the chaos and I felt so sorry for her. Blackout was also a big part of me turning into a hardcore fan.

• Like 2

I first saw her back in late 1998 or  early 1999 (can't remember the exact year) on a local music channel from my country called "Puma TV"; I remember I watched this tv channel every afternoon with a cousin, and when Baby One More Time appeared on TV she said "Oh, she's cool! I like that song". Aaawww :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: those were really good times, damn. I liked it, but then when I saw From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart... my heart melted, that's when I knew she was the one.

Btw, I was 7 or 8 years old and my cousin is 7 years older than me, lol. 

• Love 1

1999 in September… saw the “Crazy” video on the screen in Camelot music and was literally like “who is that?? 🤩🤩”. The clerk was like “Britney spears” and from there I was a fan. I loved everything about that video, the music, the look… totally a mean girls thing “I saw Britney with those black flares so I had to buy black flares too” 🤣. I was 12 lol. 

Bought BOMT November 1999. Bought OIDIA the first day it came out and it was an experience. The first time I heard “Stronger” I got chills. I must have listened to the OIDIA album 300+ times. 

Memories of Britney always hold a special place in my heart. Whether she’s doing anything or not anymore, she was a big part of my entire teenage years and I’m forever grateful for her impact and influence on my life 🙏

Edited by Onyxgirl17
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I was 9 and my next-door neighbor wanted to show me a "weird" video that I would find out to be Toxic. Her entire aura enthralled me and I've been mesmerized ever since! That was 2011 around the release of the I Wanna Go music video. I joined Exhale a year later at 10 LOL

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Hey you guys,

I just wanted to make a more lighthearted and positive thread especially with what's been going with Britney lately.

So I wanted to make a thread asking you guys when did you become a fan of hers?

For me,

I became a fan when I was a little kid when Oops came out.

I saw the video and fell in love with the song, her style, her look and the video.

I still remember being SO fascinated by her that I asked my mom who she was and ever since I've been a die hard fan for 23 years and I think I will ALWAYS be one.

So yeah when did you guys become fans?

Was it when you were a child like me, a teenager or an adult?

I think it matters more of how much you care as a fan than how long you've been one, you know?

First time I heard BOMT on the radio at the age of 14. Instant obsession.

• Love 1

I remember loving already BOMT in around 98/99 (I was really small)

I listened to the album ON REPEAT

By releasing Oops I already followed her much more (as persona) but I still was too small to know much or I just don't remember so clearly

During Britney era I was already obsessed, buying all the magazine, listening to albums etc. my entire room was full of britney posters 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

Baby One More Time Dancing GIF by Britney Spears 

The first moment I saw that on MTV I was changed :shake_excited_pink_bounce_yay_pumped_anxious:

Same! I remember the day clearly. I was home sick from school watching mtv back when they actually played music videos. It was *NSYNC's I want you back, and then baby one more time. My sides were picked that day!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, easy said:

Same! I remember the day clearly. I was home sick from school watching mtv back when they actually played music videos. It was *NSYNC's I want you back, and then baby one more time. My sides were picked that day!

same same! I remember the day. totally. never will I forget my mom told my older brother 'look, this is the type of girl you should marry'

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, easy said:

That's so cool! I just remember being like who is this girl!? Like love at first sight :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: Had no internet obviously so was going around school trying to find someone else who has seen the same thing lol It was almost like magic! We really were eating good back in 90's early 00's with Britney and all the other artists:shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block