Kesha's new album 'Gag Order' debuts at #187 on this week's Billboard 200 with 8300 units sold

not surprised at all... it's not commercial at all, it doesn't have what it takes to be a smash success on charts nowadays, and i say it from a position of a stan. But i'm 99% certain she was aware she's wouldn't smash the charts with this release, it was more or less a record she needed to make for herself, rather than for the GP. Still hoping that she will put out something in vain of her previous albums (i'm thinking maybe the expansion on the rock and roll sound she touched upon on Warrior and Rainbow, or going into this throwbacky early 00s pop-punk/pop rock sound). 

• Like 1

I don’t think she made this album with the idea of  mainstream success… it seems more like an artistic and therapeutic release for her… besides Dr. Luke’s label probably hated the theme of the album and didn’t promote it one bit. I personally enjoy the album more than High Road. My favorite song is The Drama :)

r we really surprised? Kesha must have known this isn't a commercial project and I, personally, believe that she doesn't care about numbers. Like did she care about numbers when released Rainbow or High Road? Even when Cannibal was huge on TikTok, she and her team only released only a lyrics video instead of milking the song as much as possible. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green: This project feels like it's Kesha's therapeutic album or like something that she would say at therapy or somewhere :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 4

This crap about Kesha not wanting to be mainstream and she does not care about albums sold...she has a record label.  She did press for the album.  What you are saying just is not true.  This is bad for her.  She does care and she is not releasing albums herself.  Let's be real.  

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block