Britney Jean (Britney's Version) coming with Dolby Atmos?

1 hour ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

I didn’t get mine from Nick & they’re the same way. Passenger even has alt takes for Britney + Sia, no chorus vox for Britney. There’s “M” & “Myah” labelled tracks throughout the multis for almost every track  on album & random unlabeled Myah syllables randomly spliced into Britney’s leads. Britney was always on Circus she was just drowned out by Myah, she wasn’t doing actual overdubs until BJ.

I just feel like they just hated Britney’s voice, which is a huge shame. Her own takes in Passenger are flawless to me it’s a shame her team didn’t think so and replaced entire lines with Myah. It makes me wonder if they’ll redo the songs with Britney’s takes for the Dolby Atmos remaster. One can only hope

• Love 1
10 hours ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

It sounds like she recorded new vocals for Womanizer too, wouldn’t be surprised if she did for BJ too, because there’s no Britney vocal for the chorus in the Passenger pro tools & there’s still Myah comped into B’s lead in multiple different tracks

there's no way she recorded something new for apple music that is unhinged 

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 3:35 PM, RedBloodedWoman said:

I didn’t get mine from Nick & they’re the same way. Passenger even has alt takes for Britney + Sia, no chorus vox for Britney. There’s “M” & “Myah” labelled tracks throughout the multis for almost every track  on album & random unlabeled Myah syllables randomly spliced into Britney’s leads. Britney was always on Circus she was just drowned out by Myah, she wasn’t doing actual overdubs until BJ.

Do you still happen to have these stem sessions?

On 5/11/2023 at 3:35 PM, RedBloodedWoman said:

Do you still happen to have these stem sessions?

On 5/11/2023 at 6:35 PM, RedBloodedWoman said:

This is why I also find it to be really unlikely we'll ever get the BJ album remastered in a way to satisfy fans. They'd have to re-produce the lead vocals using Britney's original recording sessions. I don't doubt there's vocals she recorded that they didn't include in the final mixes of at least some songs, but where those are and what the quality is a mystery.

Like you said, changing the levels on individual vocal layers is very different from the problem BJ presents with everything from entire lead vocals to single syllables being spliced in from other voices along with a lot of digital manipulation.

2 hours ago, Gaydar said:

This is why I also find it to be really unlikely we'll ever get the BJ album remastered in a way to satisfy fans. They'd have to re-produce the lead vocals using Britney's original recording sessions. I don't doubt there's vocals she recorded that they didn't include in the final mixes of at least some songs, but where those are and what the quality is a mystery.

Like you said, changing the levels on individual vocal layers is very different from the problem BJ presents with everything from entire lead vocals to single syllables being spliced in from other voices along with a lot of digital manipulation.

If I’m not mistaken the new prechorus of Circus includes demo vocals. IIRC the new Britney lead vocal was not in the original master tracks. I also think they did the same for Everybody by including demo vocals. It’s definitely possible Britney did in fact record every song. If the rumor is true that she “sang in the wrong key” we might be able to hear that if they redo the vocals 🤷🏻‍♂️ one can be hopeful 

• Like 1

I would give BJ some respect if it were to have her as the lead 100% of the time, but it wouldn’t probably remain her worst album imo.  It’s still dated for it’s time and a lot of the songs just sound very generic 2010 Katy Perry or something.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block