Has "(You Drive Me) Crazy" been forgotten by the general public?

Has "(You Drive Me) Crazy" been forgotten by the general public? Or is it a signature song?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

It was LITERALLY the theme song of a global #1 Netflix movie a few months ago. 

And even then most of my friends do not know it. And those who do, do not necessarily know it is Britney.

The movie doesn't mention her by name either. So even if someone goes "I know this song!" will they know the artist? Or the references?

It's one of my favorites of her older songs too, so I keep trying to revive it in my own circles but people are "meh" about it. I don't get it. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, mhally said:

Unfortunately, mostly forgotten by the GP. I think it's my favorite song from her first album, though, it's so good! :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

I prefer the choreography and music video of Baby, but Crazy is my favorite song on the album.

I remember as a kid seeing the music video for Crazy on the TV and being so captivated by Britney, it was the first song of hers I actually truly loved. I liked Baby and I thought Sometimes was cute, but Crazy made me a fan. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

mostly forgotten

such a bop :(

I wonder why it was forgotten. Overshadowed by BOMT? 

My theory is that the album version got overshadowed by BOMT, and the Stop remix came out a bit too late and was too close to the release of Oops. It just did not come at the right time. 

8 minutes ago, Dcarp999 said:

I wonder why it was forgotten. Overshadowed by BOMT? 

My theory is that the album version got overshadowed by BOMT, and the Stop remix came out a bit too late and was too close to the release of Oops. It just did not come at the right time. 

I don’t think the Stop remix was released too close to Oops.  If anything, I think we were all dreading FTBOMBH and were ready for what was next.

• Love 1

I mean just like any smash hit it tends to be forgotten after 20 years. My local stations still play it sometimes here in boston though. I think most can remember it tho. Not to the degree of baby oops toxic womanizer and circus but I think it’s in the field of lucky sometimes stronger and the britney era singles where if u are familiar w early 00s music u def remember it and love it

• Love 1

if they don't know it or "forgot it" it must be because they didn't know it in the first place / weren't born at the time / were too young, etc.

Crazy was definitely the hit that put her out there as someone that wasn't just a one hit wonder. Sometimes did good, but she could've still faded away after that, only to be remembered as the one hit wonder singing BOMT. Crazy was like the song that showed she was here to stay.

I don't know in the US, but at least internationally, BOMT, Crazy, Oops, Lucky, Stronger were like her signature songs back then.

I mean, it even has a Funko figure.

Just yesterday it was her 8th most watched video

ydmc.png

Edited by PokemonSpears
  • Love 5
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Dcarp999 said:

I prefer the choreography and music video of Baby, but Crazy is my favorite song on the album.

I remember as a kid seeing the music video for Crazy on the TV and being so captivated by Britney, it was the first song of hers I actually truly loved. I liked Baby and I thought Sometimes was cute, but Crazy made me a fan. 

Same 

• Super Mods

Yes unfortunately it is kinda forgotten or at least not as known as her other hits at the time.

Only people who were around at the time or fans would know the song.

I dont think anyone else really knows it but then again,

it might have gotten a new fan following after being featured in the Senior Year movie on Netflix.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block