Has "(You Drive Me) Crazy" been forgotten by the general public?

Has "(You Drive Me) Crazy" been forgotten by the general public? Or is it a signature song?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

One of my favorite Britney songs, but yes it is forgotten by most except for her dedicated fans.

Unfortunately I feel like until it was featured in a movie it was almost completely forgotten by the general public.

I am glad it got some exposure! But it still didn't bring it back like how people know Toxic, Baby, or Oops. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, everybodygoesdown said:

It was LITERALLY the theme song of a global #1 Netflix movie a few months ago. 

Senior Year with Rebel Wilson right?

Either way I think the second option. I think people who grew up with Britney at the time will remember it well but some GPs may have forgotten it compared to Baby.

8 minutes ago, Isla said:

Senior Year with Rebel Wilson right?

Either way I think the second option. I think people who grew up with Britney at the time will remember it well but some GPs may have forgotten it compared to Baby.

I think people will remember it if exposed to it but it is only in the peripheral memory for most people who are not dedicated fans. Meaning "Oh, I remember this!" when they see it but tell them to name 10 Britney songs before exposing them to the song, and it won't be on the list. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Dcarp999 said:

I think people will remember it if exposed to it but it is only in the peripheral memory for most people who are not dedicated fans. Meaning "Oh, I remember this!" when they see it but tell them to name 10 Britney songs before exposing them to the song, and it won't be on the list. 

This.

55 minutes ago, Dcarp999 said:

Unfortunately I feel like until it was featured in a movie it was almost completely forgotten by the general public.

I am glad it got some exposure! But it still didn't bring it back like how people know Toxic, Baby, or Oops. 

Songs like Toxic, Oops and Baby are MEGA hits and classics. That doesn’t mean Crazy is completely forgotten. It’s been featured in two movies, has 185m views on Youtube, and she’s performed it during most of her tours. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
8 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I mean, it even has a Funko figure.

It hasn't sold out though even with the limited edition tag. It's was even on discount for a while. 

Britney fans :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus: 

I wanna be there when you touch fire

16 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

if they don't know it or "forgot it" it must be because they didn't know it in the first place / weren't born at the time / were too young, etc.

Crazy was definitely the hit that put her out there as someone that wasn't just a one hit wonder. Sometimes did good, but she could've still faded away after that, only to be remembered as the one hit wonder singing BOMT. Crazy was like the song that showed she was here to stay.

I don't know in the US, but at least internationally, BOMT, Crazy, Oops, Lucky, Stronger were like her signature songs back then.

I mean, it even has a Funko figure.

Just yesterday it was her 8th most watched video

ydmc.png

yeah its defn not under the radar.

but I fear over time that cant be said about lucky, INAGNYAW and born to make you happy

12 hours ago, Kiss my said:

Especially the Stop Remix

:yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

I think the reason why the album version has so many streams compared to the remix is because most people don't know the version that was released as a single was actually a remix

It's always been a mistake that the remix isn't included in the BOMT album tracklist. 

But at least it's the proof that people DO remember Crazy, even if they can't seem to find the right version 

For me its like asking if Michael Jacksons 'thriller' or rihanna's 'umbrella' is still relevant..it doesn't matter whether everyone listens to it still or not.. Real music stands the test of time..you think people will be blaring billi eilish or bts in 2030?? I think not..

Me and my bf were driving back from the beach the other day..'crazy' and we both sang along and I forgot how much I love her style..her 10th album is highly anticipated so yh I think she's relevant..the song itself is due to personal choice..though anyone over 25 knows it's iconic..

For as a fan myself I think the gp know of toxic and womanizer..my bf watched the wb music video a few months ago..its now his gym song.. he hadn't heard of it before March.. Britney still has so much mystery behind her craft..I can't wait FOR HER VISION.. her real sound..

Crazy is a bop..is it relevant?? About as relevant as old classics can be..

In the uk it gets radio play to this day..

That's all I can say :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block