Old video of Lady Gaga shading Madonna is going viral on Twitter and TikTok

People shouldn't put a lot of thought into the Madonna/Gaga... relationship (or lack thereof). They aren't friends. Gaga was thoroughly influenced by Madonna and Madonna didn't respond to it as well as she did to being an influence on Britney. When I think about their personalities, they don't seem like two people who would get along. 

• Like 3

Though I don't think the comparison is necessary since I like them both and they both do well in their on way,but :
1. Stefani, like Britney, is definitely artistically in the "Madonna-lane." 
2. She basically compared themselves in the video.
3. She lied about Madonna's approval about Born This Way. 

• Like 3

I think it’s pretty obvious Gaga was influenced by Madonna for sure. But Gaga’s first two albums were 80’s inspired and Madonna was the biggest pop star of the 80’s. 
I like both of them but I do think Gaga went in a different direction from Artpop onwards and is a more talented singer/musician than Madonna. Talent doesn’t equal success though. Madonna was a good dancer but a mediocre vocalist. Good songwriting and controversies/publicity paired with the right timing led to Madonna’s wild success. She worked very hard to turn what she had into the global fame that she definitely deserves. Career wise, Gaga is not on Madonnas level and that is quite obvious. How could it be when Madonna has 4 decades behind hers and Gaga has less than half that? It would be tiring to be constantly compared and I think Gaga can acknowledge Madonna’s legacy while defending her own, which is what she’s doing here. I don’t think she was shady or rude to Madge, only to the reporters than keep bringing it up. 

Gaga burst on to the scene taking clear inspiration from Britney and Madonna, but then took her own lane and has grown so much as an artist. 

I'm not exactly a fan and she does seem a bit up her own a*se but she did make a point. She is massively successful in her own right and the constant comparisons must be tiring. 

• Like 1

I haven't seen any offense in her speech. She acknowleged Madonna success and just said she is a different artist. It's very normal that everyone defends their individuality, I understand her pressure. They're different, but people will focus on the similarities between them just to put them in the same bag.

3 hours ago, ToxicWomanizer1996 said:

Madonna is a better star than lady Gaga . Lady Gaga is a flop . Flip flop 

"Flop"? Not when Madonna hasn't had a "hit" since GMAYL... which was in 2012. :orangu_orangutan_ape: At least Gaga has had multiple hits since then. Also Gaga's last tour outsold Madonna's most recent completed tour by over twice as much, with only 20 dates compared to Madonna's 75. :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked: 

But why dig up old videos from 2016 to reignite a settled feud? 6k Likes isn't even viral. :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Really? :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously: There's way to say things (in her case, being shut is the best tbh) and this wasn't it. Listing things that Madonna also does but implying she doesn't? :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look: I swear, I like Gaga's music (The Fame to The Fame Monster) I was obsessed with her, but every time she talks about things she gives the most fake persona ever.

• Like 2

Unfortunately Gaga was not well during this time. It was the Joanne era and she was swimming in the wreckage of her breakdown as seen in the documentary . All of her actions during this time seem a bit stilted. From medication perhaps? So yes her speech was a bit rabid. I know she wants to appease her drunkard father.
she decided to bite the queen but Madonna was gracious to invite her to her Oscar’s party years later. Madonna is so benevolent to the pop princess’ every time they have a nuclear meltdown. I’m glad she saved Britney from herself. Without Madonna Britney could be. Or would be dead unfortunately. 

madonna would not let the happen. what Madonna did behind the scenes for Brit Brit and Gaga too is something we will never know fully. But she acts without praise. Love her. I hope Gaga found a good psychiatrist and therapy and physical therapist and some mind body connection to fix her fibromyalgia and life long substance abuse addictions. God willing. Or devil? Sorry I know she has a lot of satanic stuff in her songs videos 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block