Are you happy with the success of Hold Me Closer or not? Discuss

For the kind of release it was, it did pretty good.

I had zero expectations, I mean, I didn't even think she would give us a new song so soon, so yeah

Obviously a music video with Britney on it, and a couple of live performances would've done even better, but again, I didn't expect her to do any of that, so it did much better than I would've imagined. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

For the kind of release it was, it did pretty good.

I had zero expectations, I mean, I didn't even think she would give us a new song so soon, so yeah

Obviously a music video with Britney on it, and a couple of live performances would've done even better, but again, I didn't expect her to do any of that, so it did much better than I would've imagined. 

Same.

The demo version is still a smash. I hoped we would get PNAU remix but oh well.

I’m happier with the song’s success than I am with the song itself. The released version just doesn’t really do it for me. They should have went with the demo where we can actually hear her.

I was expecting something more in the veins of “Cold Heart” with Dua. THAT was a bop and an actual duet. 

Edited by Emil87

I am very happy and I love it.

Of course I expected a bit more, like a proper photoshoot for the album, or a video with both her and Sir Elton appearing, but now that I look back, it was such a classy and professional way to come back.

I feel like her career was built with the brilliant  combinaton of good appearances, dancing, song choice, good marketing etc. And I feel like many times her musical talent has been a bit overshadowed by other factors, mostly her image of being pretty or ****.

But this time, it felt like she joined the game mostly focused on her vocals and musical direction. And I think people unconsciously grew to loved the song without the perception that it was 'Britney Spears' that sang such a lovely, chill, uplifting song. Because this was not what she normally does. I love the song. Both Britney and Elton did a great job imo. And I think the gp liked it too because it was that good.

• Love 1

I’m happy about the success and it was a cool song. I want her to release a full visual album then retire if she wants. She can do two Netflix specials. One for the visual album. The other for a one time concert that can be filmed to perfection. It’s something fresh and new for the queen. She could make MILLIONS. And create another iconic moment. A focused Britney would slay a visual album. Hold me closer is only the beginning. 

I think it performed well with what little promotion it got. It just shows how little effort Britney has to put in to make something successful. What I mean by that is it just proves how much of a legend and household name she is after all these years of being in the business, not that she’s lazy because she didn’t have to do this song.

As for the song itself, I was kind of disappointed that her vocals were pretty much almost muted when she sang the verses. It really didn’t feel like a duet, it felt like how Britney described it, a background vocalist on Elton John’s song instead of a proper duet between the two sharing their half of the song. If that was what she wanted then more power to her, it’s her choice, but I wish she would’ve had more parts to hear her sing instead of her ad libs placed throughout the song. I think that’s the reason why I didn’t and still don’t listen to it as much. I know that makes me a flop fan, but I’ll patiently wait for a song that I can hear her take more of a charge on whenever it comes, if it comes at all. I do have to say, the demo was onto something having only her voice on some of the verses.

• Love 1

Yes, I didn’t expect a top ten hit.  And it had longevity.  Tbh I’m glad it didn’t perform better, I’d rather (if she wants one) her true smash return to the industry be a solo smasher with promo and a proper visual.  That’s the number 1 I wanna see.  But HMC is a fantastic song and I am very happy she did it.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block