Are you happy with the success of Hold Me Closer or not? Discuss

Hold Me Closer was always going to be a success on the premise that it was Britney's first post conservatorship move into music, and it was a collaboration with one of the greatest recognised artists of our times. On the basis alone, it was always going to be a win for Britney. 

It very much served its purpose: it allowed Britney to dip her toe back into music, in a very supportive environment, and it paid off; The Producer had nothing but praise for Britney's work ethic and studio work, Elton John had nothing but praise for Britney's artistry and professionalism. 

The song being loved by the general public, upon release, only added to it being a bigger success and not just because it was a dance driven song, people recognised her vocal abilities in it and her voice, in general which is something that hadn't happened in the same way in the way in awhile. To some degree, its the first time its happened in years, between the song, and her instagram clips of her singing (the instagram and tiktoks of the 'Praise You' Mashup of Britney just playing with her voice, belting and doing runs, are filled with comments that it works so well); its like people have woken up and realised she has always had one of the most unique, talented voices in music.

The fact that song charted very well in its first week and continued AND continues to be played is a testament to the song itself. 

As a fan, upon hearing it the first time, I felt so proud of her for doing it, even if it was just a once off song. Britney has spoken so much about her anxieties and fears, particularly about returning to the industry if ever; for Britney to get into the studio, and work through that AND then deliver a hit was exactly what I wanted for her.

Short Answer: yes, I was very happy.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block