Why do you think Britney was easily put into a Conservatorship yet Kanye can freely behave the way he has without any repercussions? What was different about Britney and why was she forced into a Conservatorship?

Message added by GlitterRain,

This is an open conversation but please keep comments respectful. 

• Super Mods

This has really been something that I’ve been thinking of a lot lately :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Britney lost her life for over 13 years because of her actions and alleged behaviour. She states that to this day, she still doesn’t really know what she did to deserve the conservatorship. Yet she was forced into one for over a decade for “her best interest”. Meanwhile Kanye is running around with his racist outbursts and having a breakdown of his own and he’s fresh as a daisy and free as a bird. Where is his 5150 hold and why has he not received the treatment that Britney endured? 

Was it because she’s a woman? Why is Kanye any different and not being treated for his manic behaviour, the same way Britney was forced for allegedly hers? :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
Just now, RebellionSparkles said:

It’s important to remember that no one deserves or needs a CONservatorship. 
Mental health issues shouldn’t be punished by robbing someone of their fundamental rights (even Ye).

I’m not saying that he deserves it. I’m asking why the same treatment that Britney received isn’t happening to him. 

• Like 1

Because for him to get 50150d he’d basically have to physically hurt someone or himself. Britney being a mother was under heavier scrutiny and seen as a danger to the children whereas Kim as far as I understand is taking care of the kids so while Kanye might be bipolar, delusional, and a racist, he’s not a physical danger to anybody. They had way more leverage over her than anybody would have over kanye

• Like 2
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, December02 said:

Because for him to get 50150d he’d basically have to physically hurt someone or himself. Britney being a mother was under heavier scrutiny and seen as a danger to the children whereas Kim as far as I understand is taking care of the kids so while Kanye might be bipolar, delusional, and a racist, he’s not a physical danger to anybody. They had way more leverage over her than anybody would have over kanye

He has young children also tho and still sees them I believe. 

Because britneys family only cared about the money. When lou saw a chance to lock her into one, her and spears family jumped on board

Kanye is very close to being in one. Lou is associated with the Kardashians, so, there's always a chance.  It seems for the moment that Kanye has people he can trust behind him.

• Like 1

Because Britney had a group of evil people around her (Lou, Robin, Tri Star, Jamie, Jamie Lynn, Lynne, Bryan....etc )  Basically her whole family and business managers took advantage of her.  

Kanye doesn't have that kinds of people around him. He seems like a lone wolf nowadays that people dont wanna have connection with him publicly, but this way, he wouldnt be taken advantage of easily like Britney did.

• Love 1

What everyone said and also, if he were to be put in one, despite all the outrageous things he’s said and done, there would be an national uproar comparing his conservatorship to slavery (which in many ways, it is). It wouldn’t fly, or they would have done it by now. Only a famous woman who society deems as uncontrollable/unstable would be vulnerable to something like this. And literally everyone was working against her, from the inside out.

I’m not for Kanye being in a conservatorship btw, but like Britney did then, he needs some kind of help. Just nothing as drastic as his basic rights and name taken from him. 

They have to authorize someone to make his decisions. Who would that be? His ex-wife? His parents, if they're still alive? Siblings? It might come down to not being able to present a united front to make the case to a court. Or arguing about who gets his stuff. And of course, if it didn't look like he'd be acquiescent, they were faced with a fight they may not have had an appetite for. There's no guarantee they would have won the public relations battle.

I wish somebody would take on the task of figuring out just how Britney got railroaded so badly and for years. That's actually a harder question than why Kanye didn't. It's like people literally saw her in performing in captivity and didn't understand what they were seeing.

Of course, these days, there seems to an institutional incompetence on a global scale. Maybe Britney was just subject to it earlier than the rest of us became aware of it. Like, there's no cavalry coming to the rescue.

• Like 1

Bc she is a woman with little kids. The beginning of cship she was manipulated that she will loose them bc of her behaviour but with cship her father made sure she can see kids. I think that was the original arrangement Britney agreed to. And then god knows how many other lies and corruption of the court made it all possible.

I also think Britneys family is the reason. Kanye i guess has no such vultures who were capable of putting him into cship. And i do not think he is so profitable to be under cship. Is his estate really big?

• Super Mods
Just now, icybaby said:

Bc she is a woman with little kids. The beginning of cship she was manipulated that she will loose them bc of her behaviour but with cship her father made sure she can see kids. I think that was the original arrangement Britney agreed to. And then god knows how many other lies and corruption of the court made it all possible.

:tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: