Why Hasn't Britney's Albums Been Able to Transition into the Streaming Era?

On 11/10/2022 at 1:01 PM, DougFromBrazilIsBack said:

It’s not her team. Not everyone will have old songs charting on Spotify. 

Toxic and Gimmi more are one of biggest hits on TikTok…so her team never pushed these songs in major playlists! 

if they would have pushed toxic and Gimmi more in 2016 in playlists during New year and Halloween , bith the songs would be over billions plays now 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, MoonstoneBlue said:

Why should I? Taylor cares about sales and gives effort into her work. If Britney doesn't give a **** about the industry then what's the point of HMC and its 1000 remixes?

Why should I give my attention and streams who someone who 1.doesn't care about it 2.claims she doesn't want to be in the industry.

Midnights for example is a greatly executed album with lots of effort put in it. So why should I buy those LQ cds from Elton when I can buy top notch Midnights, an album that actually has singles, promotion and quality.

You should not! Neither you should come to a Britney fan site! No one is stopping you to follow tay tay! 
britney will undoubtedly make one of the biggest comeback .. just have patience! She is just 40, she still have 30 more good years to make music! 

she can break her Barbie doll image..which I believe she is doing via Insta 

• Like 1

I do believe teens would eat her old stuff up, had they had the chance to know her. One of the winning strategies for Taylor is that she reintroduced her old music and made it cool again. I doubt Midnights would have had the same impact if she had not done the re recordings. 

To the younger generations, all they associate Britney with is her IG, that is probably not the best introduction. And quite frankly, the whole POM residency and maybe the last decade worth of performances are not up to par with what Britney was.

Also, her team was, mostly, criminal baby boomers who had no clue. And she does not care so there is no interest or effort (not criticism, just facts)

4 hours ago, Sourab Patodi said:

You should not! Neither you should come to a Britney fan site! No one is stopping you to follow tay tay! 
britney will undoubtedly make one of the biggest comeback .. just have patience! She is just 40, she still have 30 more good years to make music! 

she can break her Barbie doll image..which I believe she is doing via Insta 

I can stan whoever I want to and if Taylor is bothering you- put me on ignore list

On 11/10/2022 at 11:27 PM, Groundbreaking said:

#1 she does not promote stuff nor does wish to enter the music industry ever again, so her only source of income is from her legacy and to be honest, how many of youngsters know Britney? They probably do not because they did not grow up w her. If they know something, it is usually a part of a TikTok sound and that is all. 

I'm part of the young generation and everyone is familiar with Britney. Her old hits are very much well-known and the #FreeBritney campaign made a lot noise amongst the Gen Z crowd.

5 hours ago, Bigno said:

To the younger generations, all they associate Britney with is her IG, that is probably not the best introduction. And quite frankly, the whole POM residency and maybe the last decade worth of performances are not up to par with what Britney was

I don't think any one of them are all that familiar with IG and the POM residency is virtually unknown amongst them...

• Like 1
On 11/11/2022 at 2:19 PM, Style. said:

Britney missed the Spotify’s boom in 2016. If Circus would’ve happened in 2016... I also blame Nicki as well for not releasing an album in 2016. Queen should’ve happened in late 2016, beginning of 2017. :trash_throw_away_recycle:
Great topic of discussion! I would like to hear your opinion @Blackout2006:queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

Thanks sweets :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud: My opinion is that Glory would've been the perfect introduction of Britney to the streaming era. There were SO MANY hits in that album that were just waiting to happen (Love Me Down, DYWCO?, JLM, Change Your Mind) and if they were promoted and given the right attention by the team, the album would've easily crossed 600+ million streams. That's what IRRITATES me the most, the fact that Glory was such a misssed opportunity for Britney to re-introduce herself to a new generation of music and people. :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow:

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I'm part of the young generation and everyone is familiar with Britney. Her old hits are very much well-known and the #FreeBritney campaign made a lot noise amongst the Gen Z crowd.

I am partin of gen z as well, so your point is? People of my age in real life are familiar with Toxic and that Gimme More mashup w Ariana because of TikTok. Besides that, mostly, they have no clue who Britney is. That is my experience. Also, that does not mean gen z in general, of course there are a very few folks on the internet who know her (us two for instance). By everybody, did you refer to people in real life or some internet users?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Groundbreaking said:

I am partin of gen z as well, so your point is? People of my age in real life are familiar with Toxic and that Gimme More mashup w Ariana because of TikTok. Besides that, mostly, they have no clue who Britney is. That is my experience. Also, that does not mean gen z in general, of course there are a very few folks on the internet who know her (us two for instance). By everybody, did you refer to people in real life or some internet users?

When I say everybody, I mean it in a sense that Britney is a celebrity that they are at least familiar with. Like the artist who sang Baby One More Time or Toxic, the #FreeBritney campaign and documentaries.

Unless you mean that they aren't familiar with the monumental force that Britney was in the late 90s and early 00s, I absolutely agree with you. Unfortunately, not many of the youngsters know that fact about her but I do feel that they at least know her.

2 hours ago, Groundbreaking said:

Girl what is this argument? @Blackout2006 is literally saying people in Gen Z do know her and her music decently well, and you’re all  “I’m part of gen z as well so your point is?” . Not the sass only to say yours is also an opinion 😭💀 ??? 
girl I’m gen z too, people know. The oldest Gen Z is literally 25 years old. People grew up with her music and even if it doesn’t transfer over to today’s hits, there are huge songs that continue to be survived  😭😭

• Like 2
Just now, Rik vs Exhale said:

Girl literally what is this argument? @Blackout2006 is literally saying people in Gen Z do know her and her music decently well, and you’re all sassy with your “I’m part of gen z as well so your point is?” 
girl I’m gen z too, people know. The oldest Gen Z is literally 25 years old. People grew up with her music and even if it doesn’t transfer over to today’s hits, there are huge songs that continue to be survived  😭😭

Omg king you're back! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

Also, tea spilledT as per usual, not surprised :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I don't think any one of them are all that familiar with IG and the POM residency is virtually unknown amongst them...

I am aware of the utter irrelevance of POM and I mentioned it as a reference only to say there have not been any recent or even somewhat recent groundbreaking performances by her, so many don't really know that well what she was capable of. Some may know, but I know many ppl.who have no clue. 

Britney is famous, but not as popular with the younger generation, and that's a fact. Younger people might know her classics, but they simply don't know everything she released post-Circus, with the exception of S&S. Britney has lost a lot of relevance in the last decade. BJ, PG and Glory went unnoticed by the charts and public knowledge, POM was a success, but not enough to keep it in the spotlight like some of its contemporaries. Ultimately, she became a niche artist, a big act of nostalgia, which made her a little dated.

On 11/12/2022 at 12:23 PM, Blackout2006 said:

On 11/12/2022 at 12:40 PM, Blackout2006 said:

When I say everybody, I mean it in a sense that Britney is a celebrity that they are at least familiar with. Like the artist who sang Baby One More Time or Toxic, the #FreeBritney campaign and documentaries.

Unless you mean that they aren't familiar with the monumental force that Britney was in the late 90s and early 00s, I absolutely agree with you. Unfortunately, not many of the youngsters know that fact about her but I do feel that they at least know her.

Well, I beg to differ. Maybe everybody in your circle is familiar w Britney as a celebrity / singer / dancer / whatever. It might be even people on TikTok you follow etc. However, as I've already stated, I know (actually know) people who have no clue who Britney is and they are of my age, therefore, my point still remains pretty valid. I do not deny that Britney is legend and many of us have grew up with her. Some only with her later eras. Yet that does not exclude a fact that there are people who do not know her at all. Stans like you or that artists you mentioned know her 100 %. Some just do not care and have no clue who she is and that she even exists. These are facts because I experienced it myself. Once, me and my friends were at a party and I was like play Gimme More or some bop by Britney and like the other dude had no clue that Britney exists :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: and that is only one example of many. :) Therefore, that does not mean that gen zers don't know her at all - some do, some don't, full stop. It's normal or... maybe we should have all gen zers on the planet lined up and as them whether they familiar with Britney or not. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: So you can keep your opinion, I can keep mine. I do have proofs to think what I think, you've got proofs to think what you think. The OP asked why Britney has not been able to fully transition into the streaming era and I gave an aswer based on real life experience. And because I am right, I can prove myself again - I got more examples. :comingthru_miss_ny_new_york_pollard_tiffany_walk_runway_hair: And also, the very same could be said about P!nk or Xtina (Britney's peers). :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink: As far as I can tell, they are not fully in that group who is doing great at streaming, are they? Until next time. :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

PS. liking wannabe shady comments for me from Mr. Rikardo, not a good look on you. :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block