Why Hasn't Britney's Albums Been Able to Transition into the Streaming Era?

Hello everyone! :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello: 

While Britney has had so many classic singles up her sleeves with over a hundred of millions of streams, it seems that her albums (even her certified classics such as BOMT and OIDIA) have lacklustre streaming statistics. It gets worse when you compare it to the stats of other old iconic albums that are still getting good-great streams to this day.

So what's the problem? What's the issue? Why haven't Britney's iconic albums not manage to perform at a decent rate on Spotify and other streaming platforms? Lemme know :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

No new albums, songs, side projects since 2016 (only Hold Me Closer so not enough new material) :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

The way Taylor has released like 6 new albums since 2019 and it's logical it had a positive impact on her OLD songs as well :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: 

But no worries I think it's possible for Britney to become big in streaming one day :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

Spoiler

@Blackout2006 maybe you will transition better with your threads into the new Exhale home page era :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

Maybe her fans don't stream..

I'm seeing it as people born in the 90s and beyond stream everything  

All decades prior to that prefer playing their physical at home,  plus as I said there's other streaming services.

She Probably is more popular like on another one than spotify.Spotify..

After all Bad Bunny was just crowned apple music artist of the year. 

The irony is each platform has a different outcome. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Rachel Green Geller said:

I wish the younger generation would listen to her first records. I think any preadolescent can enjoy albums like BOMT and OIDIA because they are clean pop records targeted for that audience back then and that would probably do the trick now. But they probably don't know about them.

I want Britney (self-titled) to have some sort of revival :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

Streaming era was kinda boomed into 2016/17..Britney was absent from spot light. 

Also she is pretty successful on Tik tok! I think her songs were not added to major playlists in the beginning to give her momentum.

Also she is at 7.3 billion without any big release! Her peers at 15 billion with ton of releases and promotion! So over all it’s not that bad! 

also Britney’s videos from 2009 onwards didn’t gain much attention on YouTube, I think success on YouTube transplanted to streaming platform more fluidly 

• Like 6
37 minutes ago, One More Time said:

She needs two or three massive hits and she has to engage with people. Idk how maybe with visuals her persona or her history :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

I think Hold Me Closer was a good starting experiment! Sweet song, no controversy, moderate hot..this shows she is still wanted in industry 

Now she need to go back to her roots and make Blackout 2.0

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

While Britney has had so many classic singles up her sleeves with over a hundred of millions of streams, it seems that her albums (even her certified classics such as BOMT and OIDIA) have lacklustre streaming statistics. It gets worse when you compare it to the stats of other old iconic albums that are still getting good-great streams to this day.

So what's the problem? What's the issue? Why haven't Britney's iconic albums not manage to perform at a decent rate on Spotify and other streaming platforms? Lemme know :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Her albums after Blackout are weak soulless pop products compared with her first 5 albums. Riccus> were just albums with Britneys name, but her sign was not there. I would compare it to new episodes of a series that ended well and there was no need to release more episodes when the original creators distanced themselves from it.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Oh my god those thread are getting ridiculous. 
“why Britney didn’t do this or that in 2022” 

you guys realize music industry change and Britney is not a Gen Z right? She has a 24 year old career

3 minutes ago, OneLife said:

Her team didn't know (or didn't want to) how to deal with the streaming era. Although her numbers aren't that terrible. Especially since she hasn't released music in 6 years..

To maintain high numbers you need to interest the gp, but for this you need to release new songs.

It’s not her team. Not everyone will have old songs charting on Spotify. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block