Why Hasn't Britney's Albums Been Able to Transition into the Streaming Era?

6 minutes ago, DougFromBrazilIsBack said:

It’s not her team. Not everyone will have old songs charting on Spotify. 

I'm not talking about the old music, but about her latest album.. It's clear that RCA and her team did a bad job in every possible way promoting it in the streaming world.

And I think her old music is doing well..

I think is just bad promotion. If you look back at the las two records (Britney Jean and Glory) they came out in during the streaming era but they failed to make an impact in terms of streams.

But remember with Britney Jean there was no promotion at all in terms of performances or awards appearances, she went straight to the residency.

Then with glory we had a little bit more of promotion but with huge missed opportunities (for example: Make me original video), then she did a medley of her old hits at the BB music awards and later the VMA performance right after 14 minutes of Beyoncé.

So at the end the younger people who are actually doing all the streaming never had the chance to see Britney at her best. Let’s be honest is the core Barmy fan base who are listening to Britney not many new fans from a younger generation.

Of course Britney is an Icon that everyone recognizes, but they remember the pre conservatorship Britney, that’s why we have Baby and Oops having way more streams than Britney Jean or Glory.

If Britney decides to record new music and comeback with a new album, there is a lot of work for her marketing team, they need to learn better strategies to promote her music.

That’s my humble opinion, I might be wrong but maybe there is something there to work on.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, LonelyBoy87 said:

I think is just bad promotion. If you look back at the las two records (Britney Jean and Glory) they came out in during the streaming era but they failed to make an impact in terms of streams.

But remember with Britney Jean there was no promotion at all in terms of performances or awards appearances, she went straight to the residency.

Then with glory we had a little bit more of promotion but with huge missed opportunities (for example: Make me original video), then she did a medley of her old hits at the BB music awards and later the VMA performance right after 14 minutes of Beyoncé.

So at the end the younger people who are actually doing all the streaming never had the chance to see Britney at her best. Let’s be honest is the core Barmy fan base who are listening to Britney not many new fans from a younger generation.

Of course Britney is an Icon that everyone recognizes, but they remember the pre conservatorship Britney, that’s why we have Baby and Oops having way more streams than Britney Jean or Glory.

If Britney decides to record new music and comeback with a new album, there is a lot of work for her marketing team, they need to learn better strategies to promote her music.

That’s my humble opinion, I might be wrong but maybe there is something there to work on.

Exactly she didn’t have any strong or impactful moment since Womanizer/Circus. 
Back in the day, she was always stealing the show with her performances, music videos or magazines covers. But the new generation never experienced Britney at her best. And how can you reach younger audience when the only promotion you do is morning tv shows.. ?
 If her team didn’t suck so much, they would have focus more on YouTube/internet promotion or just magazines covers. Especially when you have someone like Britney with anxiety and hating the interviews. 

• Like 2

#1 she does not promote stuff nor does wish to enter the music industry ever again, so her only source of income is from her legacy and to be honest, how many of youngsters know Britney? They probably do not because they did not grow up w her. If they know something, it is usually a part of a TikTok sound and that is all. 

#2 Conversationship where she was not allowed to be herself, therefore, she could not navige her career the way she wanted, thus we got Robotney with FF and then Myah and then her and she did not promote stuff they way she could to actually fully transition into streaming era.

#streaming is good for us fans, we can access everything pretty easily but Britney, as an artist, does not earn so much from it

• Like 1
6 hours ago, LonelyBoy87 said:

2013 wasn't really streaming era, it wasn't until 2016 did it change  

Her YouTube numbers are better. 

For every pre streaming act, they have one hit, it's toxic  for her. 

Plus nostalgia 90s give her biggest other two singles her debut and Oops. 

It was expected. 

Plus unlike the lambs and the rebel hearts who made Madonna the first artist from the 80s to cross 5 Billion streams all features.

But on the bright side, I'm shocked @Blackout2006hasn't done a big article about how bad Janet Jackson numbers are on Spotify and YouTube compared to all her contemporaries..

You guys have better numbers than Janet.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Mmdellavecchia said:

I think she's doing pretty well, all considered. Specially as many point that she hadnt' released anything since 2016, let alone promote it lol. Artists these days keep releasing stuff all time to stay relevant, which I find kinda annoying in some cases. 

Glory 2020- 2 new songs + 3 remixes, Toxic (Alexander Lewis remix) = 6 songs

2022- Toxic Pony (still in her top 10), Hold Me Closer (and it's 5 remixes) =7 songs

13 songs since 2016

You britards suck at simplest math

59 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

:jlostare_jennifer_lopez_staring_blink:

Why should I? Taylor cares about sales and gives effort into her work. If Britney doesn't give a **** about the industry then what's the point of HMC and its 1000 remixes?

Why should I give my attention and streams who someone who 1.doesn't care about it 2.claims she doesn't want to be in the industry.

Midnights for example is a greatly executed album with lots of effort put in it. So why should I buy those LQ cds from Elton when I can buy top notch Midnights, an album that actually has singles, promotion and quality.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
4 minutes ago, FreeBritBrit said:

Why should I? Taylor cares about sales and gives effort into her work. If Britney doesn't give a **** about the industry then what's the point of HMC and its 1000 remixes?

Why should I give my attention and streams who someone who 1.doesn't care about it 2.claims she doesn't want to be in the industry.

Midnights for example is a greatly executed album with lots of effort put in it. So why should I buy those LQ cds from Elton when I can buy top notch Midnights, an album that actually has singles, promotion and quality.

That’s enough for today 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block