Katy Perry is being DRAGGED on Twitter for Voting Republican

x.rox

1 minute ago, Yasux35 said:

ummm she is a free american like all of us and has a right to vote as we all do . 

No one said she doesn’t have a right to vote. But if you’re going to flaunt who you’re voting for, you are not above valid  criticism. You can’t build your brand on progressive values and being pro LGBT and turn around and spit in their faces by voting for someone that doesn’t align with the supposed brand you’ve created for monetary gain. The criticism is valid. Period.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, x.rox said:

I did not posit that Democrats are “good”. You may have deduced that yourself from my points about Republicans. The democrats are not without fault. But you are confusing something. Tolerance and diversity are values we hold dear in a democracy. If your argument is that Democrats are hateful people because they are against intolerance towards minorities, LGBT, women, etc. that is a fallacy. Spreading ignorant-based hatred including bigotry towards minorities and wanting to eliminate diversity, eliminate tolerance and intentionally spreading misinformation (propaganda) to bear a means to maintain or attain power are perils to a healthy democracy and to world that is multicultural and diverse. Being vocally against people who do these things is not being hateful of them, it’s not the same as say: I’m a straight Cis-male white Christian man in Texas who believes gays should be shot because I believe God hates them so I hate them too and think they’re disgusting. And NOT tolerating those kinds of people is PRODUCTIVE to a world that indeed builds tolerance of healthy informed kind good natured people. It is not true at all that tolerant people need to be tolerant of hatefulness. We as a society certainly aren’t tolerant of ****’s for instance, but according to the logic that’s been used by the right, we cannot be tolerant truly if we aren’t tolerant of all. And that’s just bull. Total bull. It’s complex that’s for sure. But think of it like: we cannot be tolerant of intolerance (racists, homophobes, women-haters, etc) if we are to build a tolerant world. And the Democrats know this. I’m a Canadian, and in Canada, we are considered a very accepting tolerant harmonious country for the most part, but we are very intolerant of racists, homophobes etc. We would not have the culture we have if we allowed those groups to take root here. And unfortunately with the surge in the States with the far-right nonsense, it’s not creeping into our backyards here. Small fringe minority here but still scary.

You have to pick a side at the end of the day for which group reflects your true core values regardless of the bad. It really is which is worse? And honestly, I don’t think anyone in true good conscience can argue that Republican’s “bad” is the lesser of two evils. They’re pretty darn bad. 

Republicans are no longer a party of fiscal conservatism and small government. They literally want to control who you can marry, be with/love, etc. It’s not a neoliberal party that believes in genuine freedom, individual liberty from the state. Hell, their wanting to control women’s bodies completely destroys anyones argument that they are a party for individual freedom. They aren’t. 

That’s all I got to say. Believe what you want at the end of the day. 

Goodluck with everything going on down there. The world is watching.

I dont think we should tolerate hate, racism, ***ism, and homophobes. Leftists should not tolerate these things. They are hateful because they attack everyone even if someone has good intentions but has some minor ignorance thats not hurting anyone. Almost everyone (including me) has been severely attacked by leftists for no reason, and they will use minorities issues to attack and accuse you of racism. Any minor disagreement is looked at as an attack to them. They are driven by fear and hate they project on the world. None of them even care about real issues like war crimes and slave labor for example, they only care about cultural wars, and will politicise every single thing.

Not to mention if you truly want to be an activist, you have to know how to get people to be on your side and how to talk with the other side. But what leftists do is counter productive and they hurt the issues they care about because of how they act. 

I dont think Democrats reflect my core value, specially not leftists. Even though poitically I lean alot to the left.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, fays1 said:

I dont think we should tolerate hate, racism, ***ism, and horrible things. Leftists are not hateful because they dont tolerate these things. They are hateful because they attack everyone even if someone has good intentions but has some minor ignorance thats not hurting anyone. Almost everyone (including me) has been severely attacked by these tolerant leftists for no real reason, and they will use minorities issues to attack and accuse you of racism. Any disagreement is looked at as an attack to them. Its hate and fear that they project on the whole world and I dont like it. None of them even care about real issues like war crimes and slave labor for example, they only care about cultural wars.

Not to mention if you truly want to be an activist, you have to know how to get people to be on your side and how to talk with the other side. But what leftists do is counter productive and they hurt the issues they care about because of how they act. 

I dont think Democrats reflect my core value, specially not leftists. Even though poitically I lean alot to the left.

Sweetheart, right or left, both sides attack each side. It’s not one more than the other. Your anecdotal experience doesn’t translate to objective empirical fact. 

Anyways.

Jersey Shore Nicole GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

2 minutes ago, Aymama said:

While she has the right to vote for whoever she wants, it was definitely dumb as rocks to post it lmao. 
I guess the next album is going to also flop. Just as she was winning people back with the long hair :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Yeah I mean what people seem to be missing is yes she can vote forever the f.uck she wants to but she has a “brand” she’s created for herself. Posting who she voted for, now confirming her personal brand is more commercial than genuine, may haunt her and that’s her own fault! 

11 minutes ago, fays1 said:

I dont think we should tolerate hate, racism, ***ism, and homophobes. Leftists should not tolerate these things. They are hateful because they attack everyone even if someone has good intentions but has some minor ignorance thats not hurting anyone. Almost everyone (including me) has been severely attacked by leftists for no reason, and they will use minorities issues to attack and accuse you of racism. Any minor disagreement is looked at as an attack to them. They are driven by fear and hate they project on the world. None of them even care about real issues like war crimes and slave labor for example, they only care about cultural wars, and will politicise every single thing.

Honestly though I think republicans are going to win midterms anyways so us bantering about it really makes no difference. Midterms usually flips the chambers historically. If you vote you have a right to bish about it too but so many people don’t vote and complain and it’s like don’t even complain you didn’t even vote. 

Hoping you voted :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lamaris said:

A perfect example of how the story of freedom of speech, choice, tolerance and diversity works.

As long as it follows the Democrats' narrative, any diversity is welcome. But if you dare to choose or say anything else, you become a traitor, a villain, a bully.

I think elections certainly do not play an important role, every US government implements the policy of corporate imperialism and the military complex.

Agreed, meanwhile, this fan base is blind to the fact that Britney is likely a republican too.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, x.rox said:

Sweetheart, right or left, both sides attack each side. It’s not one more than the other. Your anecdotal experience doesn’t translate to objective empirical fact. 

Not everything have to be based on empirical evidence. Im saying based on my observation, Leftists are extremely hateful and dont care about the issues they claim to care about. And if they care, what they are doing is hurting their own cause.

6 hours ago, x.rox said:

Honestly though I think republicans are going to win midterms anyways so us bantering about it really makes no difference. Midterms usually flips the chambers historically. If you vote you have a right to bish about it too but so many people don’t vote and complain and it’s like don’t even complain you didn’t even vote.

I dont vote for the system that exists now, unless change happens or someone like Bernie is nominated. To me republican and democrats will committ the same crimes, it doesnt matter who you vote for or which party wins. The only difference between the parties are the small cultural issues that I could care less about. But corporate crimes, screwing poor working class people, war crimes, jailing journalists, slave labor, polution, are all supported by two parties because they serve the same people.

Anyway, even if it gets heated between us from time to time, I like that you are always respectful, and have no problem confronting me. I enjoy talking to you even if it doesnt seem like it. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, fays1 said:

Not everything have to be based on empirical evidence. Im saying based on my observation, Leftists are extremely hateful and dont care about the issues they claim to care about. And if they care, what they are doing is hurting their own cause.

I dont vote for the system that exists now, unless change happens or someone like Bernie is nominated. To me republican and democrats will committ the same crimes, it doesnt matter who you vote for or which party wins. The only difference between the parties are the small cultural issues that I could care less about. But corporate crimes, screwing poor working class people, war crimes, jailing journalists, slave labor, polution, are all supported by two parties because they serve the same people.

Anyway, even if it gets heated between us from time to time, I like that you are always respectful, and have no problem confronting me. I enjoy talking to you even if it doesnt seem like it. 

:wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, x.rox said:

No one said she doesn’t have a right to vote. But if you’re going to flaunt who you’re voting for, you are not above valid  criticism. You can’t build your brand on progressive values and being pro LGBT and turn around and spit in their faces by voting for someone that doesn’t align with the supposed brand you’ve created for monetary gain. The criticism is valid. Period.

Valid point.britney spears nod GIF by X Factor Global

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block