Why does Britney showing her body bother this fan base so much?

Let’s be honest if it was Christina or someone else posing like this all time this “enlightened” community of Exhale would put her to the burn unit already. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: 
Personally I don’t mind her doing her thing. I don’t think it helps her in any way, but that’s not my choice to make. I do check her less and less because mostly nude photos and/or trashing her family (rightfully so), but I don’t find this inspiring. Too bad she lost faith in therapy, I think  she could benefit from it. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Idk, if what a person posts on their Instagram bothers so much maybe you should get a life. She's not breaking any of the social media rules and even if she ever does or did it still has nothing to do with you. No one is forcing anyone to follow her or love what she posts. Just mind your business if you don't and don't force your morals and values onto someone you barely know on the internet, that's really stupid...

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
56 minutes ago, MathCarmignani said:

Idk, if what a person posts on their Instagram bothers so much maybe you should get a life. She's not breaking any of the social media rules and even if she ever does or did it still has nothing to do with you. No one is forcing anyone to follow her or love what she posts. Just mind your business if you don't and don't force your morals and values onto someone you barely know on the internet, that's really stupid...

:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

17 hours ago, edamamebeans said:

tbf, britney has been sl** shamed for the beginning for being confident in her ***uality. she's been posing topless or naked for two decades at this point in professional settings, the only difference is that she's doing it herself and it's unpolished... and people don't like when women do things like that rather than bending themselves to other tastes. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

genuinely don't understand how it makes weirdos in her comments question her mental health as if posing provocatively is indicative of anything besides liking your own ***** lol.

Verrrry this!

• Like 1

I honestly don’t know what to think about these types of pics sometimes. I feel conflicted because obviously it’s Britney and I adore her and want her to do whatever she wants, and she’s got every right to do it. 
Then at the same time I see it as a parent, and how I’d be mortified if my son saw me like this. And if I had seen my own mother OR father in these kinds of photos/poses while I was a teenager. 

And if my sister for example was posting those kinds of pics on her public Instagram where her kids could see it and it made them feel a certain type of way, I might feel bad for them. And honestly it doesn’t make a difference if it’s a man or a woman doing it, it just provokes a certain reaction but I realise that’s my problem. 

However, it’s not that big of a deal, it’s not like she’s actually showing her private parts, it’s only implied nudity. And it’s being done through her own choice which is the most important thing here, no one is forcing her to do it which would be horrific. 

So to sum up, it is what it is. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

I honestly don’t know what to think about these types of pics sometimes. I feel conflicted because obviously it’s Britney and I adore her and want her to do whatever she wants, and she’s got every right to do it. 
Then at the same time I see it as a parent, and how I’d be mortified if my son saw me like this. And if I had seen my own mother OR father in these kinds of photos/poses while I was a teenager. 

And if my sister for example was posting those kinds of pics on her public Instagram where her kids could see it and it made them feel a certain type of way, I might feel bad for them. And honestly it doesn’t make a difference if it’s a man or a woman doing it, it just provokes a certain reaction but I realise that’s my problem. 

However, it’s not that big of a deal, it’s not like she’s actually showing her private parts, it’s only implied nudity. And it’s being done through her own choice which is the most important thing here, no one is forcing her to do it which would be horrific. 

So to sum up, it is what it is. 

But they can and have seen her like that on any number of album covers/inserts, posters etc. They don't have a middle class housewife churchgoing applepie baking mother, and they should have figured that out by now.

18 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

Just a friendly reminder that it’s her body and she can do whatever she wants with it :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

I love that she’s confident with her body and comments like “disgusting” are not very nice :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Ps she looks amazing!!!! :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Yes, she can do whatever she wants with it. But one's right ceases the moment it touches another. I mean she can be all naked in private.

I believe she hasn't violated any online laws yet, but I fear that one day, she'll meet complaints regarding grave scandal,  misconduct, etc., as I have a feeling that she is almost exceeding the limits of the norms.

I have always known her as someone who would use art and music, charisma, class, and humility, in dealing with controversies. While in the country of her husband, ladies are being killed for showing the hair, here she is... 😅

Coming from a country where oppression and child abuse are common, I know that things could be handled differently; empowering and moving...

Personally, I will accept her for who she is. But, we fans, are now being bullied for her actions, and I don't know until when can I defend her effectively. 😅 Now, army, I don't need your lectures like, "let her, it's her body..., etc." What I need is some words that would keep me staying here on exhale as an army. I hope, she would still care for us, who stayed with all her ups and down...

Let's accept it, she might be suffering from exhibitionism, probably brought by trauma. And I accept her still. But, I have hopes that she's doing this as part of her bigger plans as I know her to be a smart one.

I don't want the world to see her as a laughing stock, but as I can see... From being loved and supported, she is now being objectified and disrespected. And if we love her, we would not like that to happen. That's exactly what we would feel toward our beloved daughter.

1 minute ago, gar said:

But they can and have seen her like that on any number of album covers/inserts, posters etc. They don't have a middle class housewife churchgoing applepie baking mother, and they should have figured that out by now.

This is true, they have. And who knows, maybe it bothered them then too? 

However a couple of things might be different now:

One is their age, they probably didn’t see as much when they were younger and could be more sheltered from it, and/or they might not have felt so conscious about it. Being a teenager makes you hyper aware of everything, and your parents are the source of a lot of embarrassment (whether that’s fair or not).

The other thing is that Britney has been asked in interviews over the years about what her family and boys think of her “s exy image” and “revealing outfits” or “racy videos” and she’s said things like “They understand it’s Mommy the performer, not Mommy at home” and she’s said many times that it’s just like a character and that the real her away from all the fame, is just “normal”, whatever that is.

So it’s possible the boys associated near naked pics with her job, and when they see it in a different context which has nothing to do with work, it’s affected them differently. She’s not posting these pics in any way related to her career, she’s doing them for personal reasons. And that may come as a shock to them because of the context. 

I hope that makes sense, I’m not trying to tell Britney what to do, body shame, I’m not misogynistic as I can guarantee I’d say the same about a dad too. I’m just offering a different viewpoint, and I’m completely ok with anyone disagreeing too. 

• Love 2

Its funny someone would create a post just to start fights.  Britney can do PlayBoy or **** for all I care.  People are free to do what they want but it does not mean we can be happy with every decision they do.  If one of my friends constantly posted trashy nude pics of themselves on Instagram, I would be concerned for their mental health.  It is not a normal thing for someone to do unless they are a s** worker.  Hell, why doesn't Britney open an Onlyfans account?  At least she will get paid for posting the pics she posts.  As a Britney fan since day 1, its bad for her brand.  All of this is bad for her brand.  Cheers!  

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block