Why does Britney showing her body bother this fan base so much?

• Super Mods
Just now, ItsSway said:

Because they’re insecure of themselves and feel that they need to contradict themselves and bash Britney for doing exactly what she fought for from the start - BE ****. BE HAPPY. BE YOU. But they shouldn’t take out their insecurities and lack thereof to make judge someone who we’ve championed for for so long that suddenly have a reversal, means that the propaganda to somehow go back to how it was is somehow better.

:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

3 hours ago, HairFlipQueen said:

There’s definitely a difference between bashing her and “hating on” her, being nasty etc, and just calmly giving an opinion on her photos.

The OP literally asked for peoples opinions on this topic, so some of us have given it, including you. That doesn’t mean it’s bashing her I don’t think, if it’s done respectfully.

Ive noticed though on this site that some people stick up for Britney in a way that actually does bash others on here, and I don’t get the need to be personal like that. 

I meant people bashing her on the ig comments. Sorry if it wasn't clear. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
18 minutes ago, lilhennythings said:

Its crazy to me that Britney's entire career has been built around being **** object, most of which she had no real agency during, and now that she's free people can't handle her naked lol. Like literally this fanbase was living for her in a cage covered in red body paint with pasties on but can't handle a heart emoji

This

I honestly think it’s just (internalized) misogyny. 90% of the people who complain about her photos wouldn’t be doing so if the photos were up to their standards. Meaning, if they were professionally done and airbrushed to hell and back. They would call it classy and a power move. But since Britney’s photos aren’t like that, they’re cheap, dirty and trashy. And oh would someone think of the poor children! It’s all about society still looking down on women who visibly do not care about the fact that the way they present themselves isn’t attractive or pleasing to the eye the same way professionally done media is. Because those women are doing it for themselves and choose not to care. 

in a perfect world there would be no difference between professionally done photos and Britney’s photos, people wouldn’t **** on women for being “cheap” and women’s bodies wouldn’t be rated by how attractive the public, but especially men, think they are. Ideally it would all just be seen as empowering and freeing.

1 hour ago, Persona said:

I honestly think it’s just (internalized) misogyny. 90% of the people who complain about her photos wouldn’t be doing so if the photos were up to their standards. Meaning, if they were professionally done and airbrushed to hell and back. They would call it classy and a power move. But since Britney’s photos aren’t like that, they’re cheap, dirty and trashy. And oh would someone think of the poor children! It’s all about society still looking down on women who visibly do not care about the fact that the way they present themselves isn’t attractive or pleasing to the eye the same way professionally done media is. Because those women are doing it for themselves and choose not to care. 

in a perfect world there would be no difference between professionally done photos and Britney’s photos, people wouldn’t **** on women for being “cheap” and women’s bodies wouldn’t be rated by how attractive the public, but especially men, think they are. Ideally it would all just be seen as empowering and freeing.

I don't disagree with you. On one level I don't care if she really wants to do this. She should do as she pleases. But there is a downside. It's not perceived well by most people. Right or wrong. Britney obviously doesn't care if she destroys her image and her "brand". She's burning "Britney Spears" to the ground and as a hardcore fan of many years it pains me to see it. 

Sure, she's free and can do whatever she wants. I'm just one person and I'd rather see her free and happy AND still a beloved icon. It brings me joy when I feel like she is popular and respected. I'm a hardcore fan. It's all about balance. She can express herself and be free and still do it in a way that doesn't damage her image. One day she might regret it because it's much harder to earn back that respect and reputation.

Perhaps one day she will be healed, happy, and start fresh and put all of this way behind her. I hope that's the case. 

On a side note about the feminist angle, Britney has said some very clumsy yet honest and insecure critiques about her body and having dancers that were thinner than her. And she brought up Christina Aquilera being able to have larger dancers. It had a huge backlash and she put out a nicely worded and thoughtful explanation that doubled as an apology. These two posts are an example about delivery and perception and being more careful and thoughtful about what you post for the world to see. So far she isn't learning very quickly. She's probably right about a lot of things, I'm not saying she's wrong. But she can come across better and be more effective about getting her message across.

I want her to have the world in her hands. Leading up to her freedom and right after she had so much public support, and i wish she maintained more of it. The good news is, she can come back from this. But I think people want to be reassured that she doesn't stay in this pattern for too long.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, BritneyWiki said:

I don't disagree with you. On one level I don't care if she really wants to do this. She should do as she pleases. But there is a downside. It's not perceived well by most people. Right or wrong. Britney obviously doesn't care if she destroys her image and her "brand". She's burning "Britney Spears" to the ground and as a hardcore fan of many years it pains me to see it. 

Sure, she's free and can do whatever she wants. I'm just one person and I'd rather see her free and happy AND still a beloved icon. It brings me joy when I feel like she is popular and respected. I'm a hardcore fan. It's all about balance. She can express herself and be free and still do it in a way that doesn't damage her image. One day she might regret it because it's much harder to earn back that respect and reputation.

Perhaps one day she will be healed, happy, and start fresh and put all of this way behind her. I hope that's the case. 

On a side note about the feminist angle, Britney has said some very clumsy yet honest and insecure critiques about her body and having dancers that were thinner than her. And she brought up Christina Aquilera being able to have larger dancers. It had a huge backlash and she put out a nicely worded and thoughtful explanation that doubled as an apology. These two posts are an example about delivery and perception and being more careful and thoughtful about what you post for the world to see. So far she isn't learning very quickly. She's probably right about a lot of things, I'm not saying she's wrong. But she can come across better and be more effective about getting her message across.

I want her to have the world in her hands. Leading up to her freedom and right after she had so much public support, and i wish she maintained more of it. The good news is, she can come back from this. But I think people want to be reassured that she doesn't stay in this pattern for too long.

👏

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, BritneyWiki said:

She can do what she wants with her image. Her image was controlled for most of her career and she was trafficked. A nude photo is not an issue. 

• Love 1

I think it’s more to do with a he taste of it if that makes sense. I don’t think you can compare her in toxic to her on IG. It feels seedy and it feels unstable in my opinion!  

I want her to be happy and I think she is so none of it really matters but I think her IG Is ruining her legacy more than anything else every has. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
Just now, Britneystanley said:

I think it’s more to do with a he taste of it if that makes sense. I don’t think you can compare her in toxic to her on IG. It feels seedy and it feels unstable in my opinion!  

I want her to be happy and I think she is so none of it really matters but I think her IG Is ruining her legacy more than anything else every has. 

Let her show whatever she wants :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block